Who would loveeeeeeee to go visit the temple in ACM?

Started by acrediblesource, Aug 07, 2012, 03:33:40 AM

Who would loveeeeeeee to go visit the temple(Prometheus) in ACM?

Yes
No
Author
Who would loveeeeeeee to go visit the temple in ACM? (Read 4,604 times)

acrediblesource

I did see a dude painting it in some concept art spot in one of the trailers, why i don't know. but it does mean it will be there. Its just a matter of time folks. just a matter of time

Quote from: Apex on Sep 18, 2012, 09:09:34 PM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Sep 18, 2012, 08:35:18 PM
I don't think weve seen the engineer pilot room in any of the videos but we did see the egg chamber. So i think somewhere high above this room is the acid melted opening to the cockpit room. It must have been modeled already.
I'm getting hungry for this game just thinking about it.

Quote from: Spaghetti on Sep 18, 2012, 09:57:36 AM
Since the game still takes place all on lv426, nah.

Wouldn't mind a MP map of the Engineers pilot room or the ample room though.

The pilot room was already modeled. It will appear in the game.

Apex

But in the level info, one of the acts takes place in the derelict I believe.

Ash 937

I would welcome any bonus content but it doesn't have to be specific to any of the locales in Prometheus.  I'd much rather prefer a level on Fury 161 to be completely honest though.

Apex

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 18, 2012, 10:37:47 PM
I would welcome any bonus content but it doesn't have to be specific to any of the locales in Prometheus.  I'd much rather prefer a level on Fury 161 to be completely honest though.

I agree.

acrediblesource

I'm under the impression that although gearbox has an incredible amount of leverage on building original content, alot of people just want them to stick with what has been seen already in the films. I'm all for it, but i'm also interested in seeing what they intend to make authentic and still have something incredibly original and freighten us.  I can't say much for the alien side of things but I think they nailed down anything to do with construction and architecture (ala syd mead designs) which is great but you know there is collumn A and then there is collumn B. collumn B is slacking.
Thats just my opinion. I could be wrong. so wrong.

SM

Quotealot of people just want them to stick with what has been seen already in the films.

Not so much sticking to what's in the films, as adding to it without f**king with what has been seen already in the films.

acrediblesource

Then there's making it work which is something that has to be done in order to make something a 'gameable' asset. 

Quote from: SM on Sep 18, 2012, 11:44:04 PM
Quotealot of people just want them to stick with what has been seen already in the films.

Not so much sticking to what's in the films, as adding to it without f**king with what has been seen already in the films.

SM

Changing a motion tracker to have red dots to scream BAD GUY at you, isn't "making it work".

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Thats honestly yet another one of the lamest arguments i've ever heard. oMG red dot not white dot. bad mojo. not authentically mentally challenging like in movie film.
lets not forget the film grain. I can see it not authentically pleasing to me. it sucks.
lol.
Developers are in their bath tubs, bubbling up going "thats the worst thing ever".

Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2012, 12:10:23 AM
Changing a motion tracker to have red dots to scream BAD GUY at you, isn't "making it work".

Quote from: acrediblesource on Sep 19, 2012, 12:13:46 AM

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Original Derelict? Absolutely.

Prometheus temple? I don't give a shit.

SM

Thats honestly yet another one of the lamest arguments i've ever heard. oMG red dot not white dot. bad mojo. not authentically mentally challenging like in movie film.
lets not forget the film grain. I can see it not authentically pleasing to me. it sucks.
lol.
Developers are in their bath tubs, bubbling up going "thats the worst thing ever".

It's simply one small example of f**king with stuff from the films, for no clearly discernable reason other than "they can".

Lucky for you that you dig mediocrity.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I'd rather have a great game with great fans who'd love a better game, rather than a mediocre game with fans who nit pic on dots, and pulse rifle sounds. BUt you say i'm the one who loves mediocrity. So your level of great must be below my bar of acceptable.
You gonna ask me if i believe in god now?

Please stop trolling this thread. There are plenty of threads about how to fix ACM if you feel its in your power to whine.

Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2012, 12:19:34 AM
lol.

It's simply one small example of f**king with stuff from the films, for no clearly discernable reason other than "they can".

Lucky for you that you dig mediocrity.

Ash 937

One of the features of the motion tracker in Aliens was that it was indiscriminate and would essentially capture anything that moved.  Drake almost shot Newt because he couldn't discern if she was an alien or a human from the motion tracker by itself.  The motion tracker could also pick up things as small as hamsters.

I think that any game with guns would offer a more autherntic and tense experience if the threat of "friendly fire" was a real risk.  The motion tracker wasn't very high-tech so it should be able to tell the difference between good or bad.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

You're right. I explicitly remember someone on the internets saying that those red dots mean opponents and not any other significance that I can assume and be raving mad about. Plus its not allowed to be red nor should we be able to customize our soldiers because thats 'off canone'.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed