X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 152,712 times)

NotSafeZone

NotSafeZone

... It's just one PR disaster after another with Microsoft these days, isn't it?

Prime113

Prime113

That really isn't that bad. If they do something stupid enough to get banned, they don't deserve to use their games.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 18, 2013, 10:19:37 PMThat really isn't that bad. If they do something stupid enough to get banned, they don't deserve to use their games.
Shouldn't be that way. Losing an investment of $300 or so in video games only for -I don't know- getting drunk and saying some things, or having your little nephew misusing your account?

I agree with the part of they removing you from social interaction in online gaming, but not even letting you play alone your own games?! All of them?! That's outrageous.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 18, 2013, 10:27:01 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 18, 2013, 10:19:37 PMThat really isn't that bad. If they do something stupid enough to get banned, they don't deserve to use their games.
Shouldn't be that way. Losing an investment of $300 or so in video games only for -I don't know- getting drunk and saying some things, or having your little nephew misusing your account?

I agree with the part of they removing you from social interaction in online gaming, but not even letting you play alone your own games?! All of them?! That's outrageous.

OK, if it's something like that, than it would be ridiculous, but, I play a decent amount of online play, and the shit I have heard, they would have to ban half to community for getting drunk and saying stupid shit once or twice a week. One of my friends is like that and he still has an account after 3 years or so.

I imagine the bans are gonna come from tampering with the Xbox, trying to steal games... which is pretty illegal, you know?

Just, don't f**k with the system, ya know? There's no reason to anyways.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 18, 2013, 10:32:26 PM

OK, if it's something like that, than it would be ridiculous, but, I play a decent amount of online play, and the shit I have heard, they would have to ban half to community for getting drunk and saying stupid shit once or twice a week. One of my friends is like that and he still has an account after 3 years or so.

I imagine the bans are gonna come from tampering with the Xbox, trying to steal games... which is pretty illegal, you know?

Mmmh, you are right on that, Prime113 :)

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

This is not so bad, but it definitely sounds bad. They just don't handle things right.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jun 18, 2013, 10:49:11 PM
This is not so bad, but it definitely sounds bad. They just don't handle things right.

Yeah, I completely agree. They need to hire a new group of writers, or something.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 18, 2013, 10:40:22 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 18, 2013, 10:32:26 PM

Mmmh, you are right on that, Prime113 :)

They've already said that if you get banned you don't lose access to your games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-17-you-can-plug-an-xbox-360-into-the-xbox-one-says-major-nelson

About halfway through that article

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Xbox...GO HOME!

Prime113

Prime113

I've read about the sharing with friends and family thing...and it's absolutely awesome. Since we're a large community here, many of us have friends from hundreds of miles away. Lets say one of those friends buys a game you can not afford at the moment - When he/she finishes playing that game, you can simply go to their library and play it. And, with the +1 feature, you can have one special friend at a time play the same game as you. So, if you get a good co-op game, and want to play it with a certain person who can't afford it, you can +1 them and bam, there ya go, co-op.

Think about the money you could save with that. Sure, you'd have to wait until the person is done playing, if said friend doesn't +1 you, but I sure as hell wait 2-3 weeks for a free game.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 18, 2013, 11:07:27 PM
I've read about the sharing with friends and family thing...and it's absolutely awesome. Since we're a large community here, many of us have friends from hundreds of miles away. Lets say one of those friends buys a game you can not afford at the moment - When he/she finishes playing that game, you can simply go to their library and play it. And, with the +1 feature, you can have one special friend at a time play the same game as you. So, if you get a good co-op game, and want to play it with a certain person who can't afford it, you can +1 them and bam, there ya go, co-op.

Think about the money you could save with that. Sure, you'd have to wait until the person is done playing, if said friend doesn't +1 you, but I sure as hell wait 2-3 weeks for a free game.

But, but DRM!!!! And online checks!!! The Xbox One is evil and rubbish!! Haven't you heard!?

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Dachande on Jun 18, 2013, 11:09:07 PM

But, but DRM!!!! And online checks!!! The Xbox One is evil and rubbish!! Haven't you heard!?

Lol. Most people bitching about the DRM and daily check ins are people who turn on the Xbox every day anyways. I can understand being upset for the people who can't afford internet, or live where Broadband hasn't got to them, I know that one all to well, as I've only had broadband for 2 years now. BUT, as Don Mattrick HORRIBLY put it, a lot of big games coming to the X1 are also coming to the 360.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Playstation had this too didn't it, I think it was with five people but publishers forced it down to two, same thing will probably happen here.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Nightlord on Jun 18, 2013, 11:13:28 PM

Playstation had this too didn't it, I think it was with five people but publishers forced it down to two, same thing will probably happen here.

I'm actually not sure. I know a lot about the X1, but I know jack shit about the PS4 for some reason, even though I watched the whole conference and have looked online about it. Also, Microsoft has already said they are changing anything about the X1 (I call bullshiz, though). So we'll have to wait and see.

Ghost Rider posted this yesterday on his FB page. I leave it here so people may or may not learn a bit more about the "controversies" of the X1

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1g8t5e/lets_clear_up_the_issues_used_games_kinect/

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Dachande on Jun 18, 2013, 11:09:07 PM

You are not the mod we deserve.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed