X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 152,702 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Vertigo on May 23, 2013, 09:29:46 PM
Just when you thought Microsoft's publicity couldn't get any worse... they've filed a new patent for Kinect to monitor you while playing music (and I think movies), so that if you're playing it to too many people, the MPAA will be notified and you'll have to buy a special licence.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/139706-microsofts-new-kinect-patent-goes-big-brother-will-spy-on-you-for-the-mpaa

Funny that I just spotted this after listening to Rage Against The Machine for the first time in years. MS, apparently, wants to be Big Brother.

LMFAO, forget this shit. They basically buried themselves if they even actually use this.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Couldn't you just stick something over the lens?

Or turn it around?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TJ Doc on May 24, 2013, 12:51:04 AM

Or turn it around?

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Alright, alright... I will obey.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: TJ Doc on May 24, 2013, 12:51:04 AM

Or turn it around?

"I can't let you do that TJ."

Spoiler
[close]

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

That's a scary thought. :D

Bet they install a syringe that shoots out and injects you with battery acid.

"It's got a wonderful defense mechanism. You don't dare move it."

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Or even worse...it might do this :o

Uh uh uh! You don't have a permit for that. Uh uh uh! Uh uh uh!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I'm gonna put a spent condom over it. Let them observe that.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Would we even need it if we just wanted to play non-kinect games with a controller?

Because in that case you could just modify it to be a cup holder.

ShadowPred

Aspie

Aspie

AHAHAHAHAHAHA, the interwebz is retaliating.

Space Sweeper

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Vertigo on May 23, 2013, 09:29:46 PM
Just when you thought Microsoft's publicity couldn't get any worse... they've filed a new patent for Kinect to monitor you while playing music (and I think movies), so that if you're playing it to too many people, the MPAA will be notified and you'll have to buy a special licence.
I read about this months ago.

It was generally accepted that companies like Microsoft file for patents just for the sake of having them, meaning the patent might sit a long time before ever being used, if at all.

Still, I'm too disgusted by Microsoft to ever buy their hardware again. I'm not even sure how many xbox 360s I've owned. After 5 dead consoles, sometimes they would repair it, sometimes they would replace it.

My current 360 is sitting in the closet unused and on indefinite suicide watch. I dare not turn it on.

____

It's simple really. Microsoft is fueled by whoever will pay them, with no loyalty or regard to those people if they think that can get even more money.

In psychology, it would not be inaccurate to label their business model as psychopathic. Then, nearly all corporations share a psychopathic indifference towards the customers, only people take it strangely personal when it comes to videogames. Just look at the hate for EA. It lingers on every game site--you could almost bottle the hate for EA and use it as pheromones to attract other people that hate them.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed