What will the HARDCORE Aliens fans think

Started by The Runner, Aug 05, 2012, 07:17:09 PM

Author
What will the HARDCORE Aliens fans think (Read 7,551 times)

The Runner

What do you think the HARDCORE(I mean as in people who are obsessed with the movie Aliens, to them there is no other, Alien is only canon because without it ALIENS wouldn't exist. They don't take Alien 3 canon cuz they killed hix n noot, etc.) Aliens fans will think of this game? Will they accept it as canon?

Remonster

Just take a look at the forums. You can see exactly how the hardcore fans feel about the game so far, and it doesn't seem good. Personally, I'm going to wait until the game is actually out before I judge it.

acrediblesource

yep, i don't think there are people obsessed with any one film. and Alien 3 (hix and noot)?
Everything is accepted as canon only if there is a certain degree of awesome associated with it. Obviously, fanfic and action figure stop action videos on youtube don't count.

this.

Quote from: The Runner on Aug 05, 2012, 07:17:09 PM
What do you think the HARDCORE(I mean as in people who are obsessed with the movie Aliens, to them there is no other, Alien is only canon because without it ALIENS wouldn't exist. They don't take Alien 3 canon cuz they killed hix n noot, etc.) Aliens fans will think of this game? Will they accept it as canon?

ShadowPred

What is this bullshit, the hardcore fans don't take Alien 3 as canon?

The f**k?

LOL

The Runner

You havent seen the "TO ME ALIEN AND ALIENS ONLY EVER HAPPENED ZOMG!!!one1!!!one!!!" comments on Youtube and get over 50 likes. :/

acrediblesource

That doesn't make them hardcore. Just attention seeking.  because there's no point to their post. Nothing to see. Nothing to gain.

Xenomrph

Yes, just what we need, another "canon" thread.

Predaker

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 05, 2012, 09:43:32 PM
Yes, just what we need, another "canon" thread.
The stakes are high.

Ante up!

Dovahkiin

My $0.02- I consider it all canon, yes even Alien: Resurrection. Now, ACM, I'm going to wait and see if I find their explanations of all this stuff they're doing beleiveable. Then, I will judge it. Officially leaving now because of the upcoming 5 page long canon discussion.

SM

Who gives a shit what those imbeciles think?

WinterActual

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 05, 2012, 08:20:43 PM

What is this bullshit, the hardcore fans don't take Alien 3 as canon?

Ofc they don't A3 is not in the canon. This movie is a joke, really.

Ash 937

Video games aren't canon so GBX can do whatever they want.

Terx2

Re: What will the HARDCORE Aliens fans think

Answer: Don't know. Don't care. That's my opinon. Plus we haven't even played the game yet so it seems to soon to judge.

PsyKore

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Aug 05, 2012, 10:03:13 PM
My $0.02- I consider it all canon, yes even Alien: Resurrection. Now, ACM, I'm going to wait and see if I find their explanations of all this stuff they're doing beleiveable. Then, I will judge it. Officially leaving now because of the upcoming 5 page long canon discussion.

I think that's the key - if they can make it believable. And that's probably why people are clashing with Gearbox's ideas at the moment; because the game is obviously filled with modern gameplay elements, including L4D style "special" class of enemies, but how are they going to fit it in a canonical sense? The Alien saga, and most sci-fi generally, follow a logical point of evolution (disregarding some plot holes along the way), so it will be hard for Gearbox to incorporate some sudden new ideas without them feeling shoe-horned in. At the moment, the Crusher feels very shoe-horned.

I'll definitely wait to see, though, and hope I'm surprised. But even if I'm not happy with their explanations, I'll still have fun with the game, so who really cares?

Shmiggins

coming in a little late in this, but canon and video games don't particularly mix well... that being said, it would be uber awesome if they could actually fit the game into the canon.

and for all those think alien 3 isn't canon, they can suck it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed