Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel

Started by ikarop, Aug 01, 2012, 04:01:38 PM

Author
Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel (Read 89,926 times)

Gazz

Gazz

The original chest burster looked pretty fleshy at birth too (except for it's chrome teeth).

I don't see why the Deacon couldn't potentially grow in to a bio-mechanical nightmare too.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 03, 2012, 05:44:25 AM
LOL, the Proto-Alien DOES look like something ADI would design.
Always struck me more as a Huante-influenced design. He did have his part in the creative process.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

i actually dont want the deacon to be a biomechanical creature in it's adulthood.... the shark like skin is one of the aspects that make it unique... giving it the traditional giger look would go against what makes it interesting for me.

i do, however, want more biomech monstruosities in the space jockey world though. The engineer homeworld better look like something of a Giger nightmare.. or they will lose an amazing opportunity to have a large Giger-designed planet on film. :P

They could pull off a "Darkseed" and license some of Giger's artworks to use on the movie as set designs. :P

Gazz

Gazz

If the deacon is derived from xenomorph experimentation or is related in a similar way I would like to see bio-mechanical aspects in the adult design. That said, I certainly don't want to see an Alien clone. That would be a totally wasted opportunity in my opinion.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Especially since, supposedly, the Alien has been 'squeezed out dry' (or whatever Scott said). :P

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

ugh.. surely i'm not the only one that disagrees about that ;)

Gazz

Gazz

You're certainly not!

The creature in Alien is a perfect movie monster imo but I'd actually still rather see Scott attempt to do something new with the Alien instead of covering the same ground. That's part of the reason I like the Deacon design. I just wish it wasn't a pre-credits fan service and was instead an integral part of the story. I wanted to see that bad boy develop into the monster that had Space Jockey's running for their lives. Maybe we'll see that in the next film.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

There's enough room in one story for them to bring back the deacon..and the original Giger design ;)

Shaw is in a spaceship loaded with the black fluid..- they can use that as a weapon of revenge against the engineers... (unleashing new trilobites and deacons) ...the original facehugger can be a different bioweapon that Shaw stumbles unto in their planet... lots of room to play with.

Gazz

Gazz

Oh yeah, there are plenty of directions they can head in with both the new elements that Prometheus introduced to the universe and the old. In regards to a sequel I do hope is that Scott allows for a more coherent script that knows which questions to ask and what holes to fill (Like Cameron did with Aliens). But my biggest worry is that Fox may try and force some of the more traditional aspects of the Alien series on him instead of allowing him to explore these new landscapes and ideas. It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if that's how Scott sees the natural progression of the series but I don't want to see a Giger Alien shoe-horned in to the narrative. It deserves more than that.

PsyKore

PsyKore

There's no way ADI could design something as aesthetically creepy and thought-provoking like the Deacon. Their track record in the Alien saga consistently shows them taking something good, stripping them of all the unearthly and interesting design qualities, and putting in place their own brand of generic monster shit.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

erhmm.. ADI does what the director commands.. and what the budget allows..

they did well on the Runner in Alien 3 (minus the poor cgi work).. it's my 2nd favourite alien creature ever ;)

PsyKore

PsyKore

Look at Pumpkinhead, or whatever it is; it's almost the same design as the A:Res aliens. ADI definitely put their own touch on things.

I don't believe it's always the director with total control of designs. They may ask for a smooth head or rigid head, or whatever else, but what they get in return could be completely different to how they pictured and they'd probably just have to settle for something eventually.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Yeah i noticed the pumpkinhead resemblance....

if Jeunet, Anderson or the Strause brothers wanted more biomechanical elements in the movie... they would surely have asked specifically for that..

alas.. they didnt seem to care.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 03, 2012, 10:32:05 AM
Especially since, supposedly, the Alien has been 'squeezed out dry' (or whatever Scott said). :P
...It has.

>^>

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It certainly has not. Its potential has just not been used to its full extent since and including the third film -- and before anyone jumps on me, I love/like all the films with the exception of the second AvP film --. I'm surprised Scott didn't realize that.

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 03, 2012, 11:42:37 AM
(minus the poor cgi work)
The Runner was a combination of a suit and a go-motion rod puppet. The only cgi parts are the cracks on the dome at the end and the newborn creature in the assembly cut.

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 03, 2012, 11:52:51 AM
I don't believe it's always the director with total control of designs.
Oh yes, that's entirely how it works out. If the Director does not approve a design, it is changed. Example? Let's go back to when Alien3 was in production. Fincher wanted the literal mechanical parts -- real pipes, real tubes, you name it -- out of the Alien. ADI then applied the detailing mostly with airbrushing. Fincher wanted the back tubes out of the Alien. ADI designed an Alien without back tubes. Fincher saw the Alien without back tubes, completely changed the idea around and wanted the back tubes. ADI added the back tubes. Fincher saw the Alien with the back tubes and decided to revert that completely and remove them.

The only real similarity between Pumpkinhead and the Resurrection Aliens, too, is the fact they have protruding ribcages and they're humanoid in some way. The protruding ribcage seems to be some kind of ADI trademark since other monster designs of theirs have them (namely the Apes from Evolution).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed