ACID EFFECTS REVEALED

Started by acrediblesource, Jul 20, 2012, 04:38:42 PM

Author
ACID EFFECTS REVEALED (Read 4,630 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_7F37lH3SQ#ws

10:11

I suppose this nugget of information will answer the question about acid damage and how the player is allowed to heal himself.

Basically when you get hit by acid, a neutralizer pack has to be used to stop the acid from killing you or draining your health. I'm assuming that its part of the marine's assortment of gadgets you can carry around with you.

So that ends it. Acids in!

This was posted more than a month ago people! assholes and elbows!

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

It must have been changed since then... The past videos don't make a f**king difference if they confirmed no acid damage AFTER his video from E3 was posted.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Randy Pitchford's statement directly contradicts the statement that was made later in this article:

http://thestranded.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/aliens-colonial-marines-sdcc-2012-impressions-16/

The article specifically states...

Another aspect that I got them to confirm was that the alien's acidic blood would indeed affect the marines. There are cringe animations when they come in contact with the blood and damage would result from it. However, the acidic blood would not affect players in the campaign because it proved too frustrating and took a lot of the 'fun factor' from the game when "seven dead aliens would bottleneck players & kill them." Although it's hard to hear, it does make sense.

So...

I think this video only made things more confusing.  Gearbox needs to do some PR work and clear this mess up now.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

In the article there is another note that concern certain other elements of found in the game AVP (being able to play as a face hugger was taken out)  and all this due to making it more playable.

Well us in the community would like to say that we trust the developers to make a decision as to what's fun or not because we as a community haven't played it yet. So obviously us trying to make a petition and take those who are working on it by the balls and guiding it aimlessly would be totally unnecessary,right?

Oh wait i already signed the petition, silly me. We're just going to have to live with shitty decisions because we fanboys strive for making a difference based on accusations and assumptions.

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jul 20, 2012, 04:53:32 PM
Randy Pitchford's statement directly contradicts the statement that was made later in this article:

http://thestranded.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/aliens-colonial-marines-sdcc-2012-impressions-16/

The article specifically states...

Another aspect that I got them to confirm was that the alien's acidic blood would indeed affect the marines. There are cringe animations when they come in contact with the blood and damage would result from it. However, the acidic blood would not affect players in the campaign because it proved too frustrating and took a lot of the 'fun factor' from the game when "seven dead aliens would bottleneck players & kill them." Although it's hard to hear, it does make sense.

So...

I think this video only made things more confusing.  Gearbox needs to do some PR work and clear this mess up now.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Oh, Pitchford...bullshitting as always.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Sooo...he's talking about multiplayer, not single player, if I'm not mistaken.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
f**k.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I am waiting on what other disappointments are going to be made clear later.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Pretty much...

Ash 937

Ash 937

Gearbox has had a consistency for being incredibly ambiguous about A:CM since it's inception.  While I'm that this largely had a lot to do with Sega in the beginning, it now seems that their ambiguity has more to do with being evasive than anything else.  I'm starting to think that GBX are not the fans that they say they are and that they are making the game that is easier to make rather than the one the follows the mythology appropriately.

Is Pitchford speaking about multiplayer or single player in this interview?!?  I would assume he was speaking about the whole game if I hadn't already read the article from thestranded.com. which clearly says that the rules will be different in SP and MP. 

And on that note, does anyone else think that its a little sloppy to have to change the rules for MP vs. SP for the same game?  I think well-balanced game is one that offers the same dynamics in both its SP and MP modes.  The best shooters, in my opinion, are the ones that present a set of dynamics in a campaign and then translate those dynamics against the players that want to challenge each other with them.  What is true for one mode needs to be applied equally to the other (or at least be an option).  Is their decision to alter this idea due to the level designs themselves or is something else just not right with this game? 

Seriously, GBX had years (literally) to make this whole thing flow in one direction and the most recent news almost feels like they are still fighting the current to get this game smooth and right.  Is there a level of anxiety on their part about the quality of the SP campaign which is why we have only seen snippets of it as opposed to seeing nearly whole matches from the MP experience?

I'd like to know more from GBX about what's going on with this game.  And I still think they should start by elaborating more on why they said this in regard to balance and level design:

"...the acidic blood would not affect players in the campaign because it proved too frustrating and took a lot of the 'fun factor' from the game when "seven dead aliens would bottleneck players & kill them."

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

There could have been a funding influx since Prometheus was something that they anticipated would put an insurgence of interest into the game, i'm sure it did for me.  That said, the scope must have opened up doors and i'm sure more development time to pile up some meaty content for the grand mythology. I hope there is a grand mythology here at least pimping a little bit about Prometheus's concept. If not, we got yet another modifyable game on our hands. I am getting too lazy for that.

They are very tight lipped about everything. Anyone care to quote one of the guys about "I can't say too much about that" or "we cant reveal anything yet" ?

Because I'm assuming what we seen and heard about the game in so far hasn't had anything to do with the actual gameplay premise. and the multiplayer videos wouldn't show us a goddamn thing.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I definitely sense anxiety from GB about the SP mode. Is it because it's a linear COD-style suckfest?

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: PsyKore on Jul 21, 2012, 07:24:59 AM
Is it because it's a linear COD-style suckfest?
Yes it is.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 21, 2012, 12:31:43 PM
Yes it is.

Only developing games for such an ungrateful fanbase must be worse.
Don't worry, we probably won't see many more games in this franchise...

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: bobby brown on Jul 21, 2012, 02:02:00 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 21, 2012, 12:31:43 PM
Yes it is.

Only developing games for such an ungrateful fanbase must be worse.
Don't worry, we probably won't see many more games in this franchise...

Look, a few weeks ago, I would have agreed with you. But this acid thing is taking it too far. I used to be all like "Oh YEAH!!! This game is gonna rock!" I'm with Winter Actual right now. If they don't change this, I'm canceling my pre order.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Why would you pre-order any game without knowning anything  about it? What if it turns to be tetris?

QuoteOnly developing games for such an ungrateful fanbase must be worse.
No we are a great fanbase who desire our monster's game based on them to be in the best game as possible.
and I'm sure alot of us can't wait for it to be revealed to be something more than just a military type game considering its content.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed