PETITION - Make Acid Blood Damage an Option in Campaign Mode for A:CM [UPDATED]

Started by Ash 937, Jul 17, 2012, 06:49:59 PM

Author
PETITION - Make Acid Blood Damage an Option in Campaign Mode for A:CM [UPDATED] (Read 7,454 times)

RagingDragon

Is there a petition where I can get out of this chickenshit outfit?

I signed, but this is beyond sad.  The devs don't have a clue, and it feels like a giant waste of time.  Just pathetic.

chupacabras acheronsis

they have no excuse this time.

if you could disable it, you can enable it. You cannot not do this, Gearbox. This is where you prove who do you really want to sell this game to.

WinterActual

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jul 18, 2012, 04:16:23 AM

They have one actually - "it takes away the fun factor"  ::) In the games where you are facing one of the most fearsome creatures in the galaxy are meant to be great fun you know.

AJL

Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 18, 2012, 04:47:29 AM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jul 18, 2012, 04:16:23 AM
They have one actually - "it takes away the fun factor"  ::) ...
It didn't in the AvP games... ::)

WinterActual

AvP games were not aimed at the CoD community.

Ash 937

I cringe at the notion that AvP2010 might offer a more realistic Aliens experience than A:CM can at this point.

WinterActual

AvP 2010 is not that bad at all. Yeah the story was crap and some mechanics were ridiculous but otherwise its pretty decent game. I can't say its bad. Besides the aliens crawling all the time are way better from the aliens from ACM in every aspect - models, textures, movement, everything.

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jul 18, 2012, 07:34:40 AM
I cringe at the notion that AvP2010 might offer a more realistic Aliens experience than A:CM can at this point.

I agree...so sad.

RagingDragon

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jul 18, 2012, 07:34:40 AM

Ash I just threw up a little in my mouth. :-[  I do hate AvP 2010, but it at least offered something.  My hate is really aimed at the fact that it seems like an incomplete game, and didn't offer enough to compete with modern games while dropping any future support, which was egregious and made it seem like a bit of a cash-grab.

I kind of expected CM to fill in the gaps that AvP 2010 left, such as better player movement (ducking,) ADS, removing that silly melee system, and providing much better and open Alien encounters, all while absolutely nailing the environment from the films.

That's apparently way too much to ask from Gearbox since they can't even figure out how to get the acid right.  I'm just glad I've checked my expectations early.

Predaker

Its time to draw a line in the sand here. :)

They are going too far with this. Removing acid blood from the campaign because its annoying? That is basically what it boils down to. The level design and flow of gameplay sounds like a linear cluster f**k if acid blood creates this much of a problem.

Bjørn Half-hand

Mmmmmm how has every alien related game ever upto this point coped with acid blood damaging players then?!
They spent all that time getting the original concept artist and interviewing Riddles etc but leave out acid blood. Hilarious.
If it was that much of an issue couldn't they have worked aound it somehow rather than taking it out of sp all together? The acid blood burns whilst the alien is alive and taking damage and for 2 seconds after alien dies? Or just have an option to switch acid blood on and off again.
I shall sign your petition sir.

RagingDragon

Maybe they'll have a DLC where the aliens have inner jaws?  Or one with a 'smart gun' that automatically tracks it's targets?!

Someone send these ideas to Gearbox!

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Jul 18, 2012, 06:44:33 PM
Mmmmmm how has every alien related game ever upto this point coped with acid blood damaging players then?!
They spent all that time getting the original concept artist and interviewing Riddles etc but leave out acid blood. Hilarious.
If it was that much of an issue couldn't they have worked aound it somehow rather than taking it out of sp all together? The acid blood burns whilst the alien is alive and taking damage and for 2 seconds after alien dies? Or just have an option to switch acid blood on and off again.
I shall sign your petition sir.

how about damage multipliers depending entirely on how much time you take to kill an alien? how close you kill it?

delsaber8

Signed good sir

this is ridiculous, how could they even think of doing this. I declare shenanigans!

Shenanigans, shenanigans! Everyone grab a broom!

Njm1983

signed again.

Im gonna say that I was willing to overlook some of the devs game decisions. this though has me wondering if I will buy it now. Unless it gets a great review, or they change this. Im out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed