Engineers vs. Predators

Started by Ash 937, Jun 09, 2012, 09:05:37 PM

Who would win in a fight?

Engineer
Predator
Author
Engineers vs. Predators (Read 84,628 times)

TrixieVanSickle

TrixieVanSickle

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 09, 2012, 11:58:28 PM
Quote from: Divpax on Jun 09, 2012, 11:52:50 PM
Predators were never badass, Arnold was he badass. EU comics seem to depict them as fearless ninjas doing backflips while cutting Alien heads off

Ok.

Quotebut if you watch the original films what you find is a monster who hides in the treeline invisibly picking off people who by comparison are so low tech they may as well be throwing spears.

You mean like ninjas?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

episodenone

episodenone

Predators were never badass, Arnold was he badass. EU comics seem to depict them as fearless ninjas doing backflips while cutting Alien heads off

Ok.

Quotebut if you watch the original films what you find is a monster who hides in the treeline invisibly picking off people who by comparison are so low tech they may as well be throwing spears.

You mean like ninjas?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Divpax

Divpax

Ok.

You mean like ninjas?

LOL

No I meant more in a cheesy martial arts film way than actual ninjas. All I'm saying is the predators rarely actually do any fighting.

PLEXI

PLEXI

QuoteI think it is completely fair to pose the question of this thread based on the information we have been given from the films we have seen.  I also think that a Predator would have a much better chance at killing Shaw's baby than any Engineer.
That's making too many assumptions.  In the same way a lab(storehouse?) is a very different place from a weapons manufacturing facility.  We still know next to nothing about the engineers, and barely anything about the predators unless including EU materials. 

As for the baby vs a predator, this is highly debatable given the situation even with the predator's equipment. Unarmed I don't see how the predator would fare any better.
QuoteI bet the engineer wished he had wrist blades.
All things considered, it seemed like at that point he just wanted to make her suffer.

Shinawi

Shinawi

I'm sure that the Engineers' tech advanced during the time they abandoned that base. They abandoned their base for about two millennia. The base didn't change much when the Prometheus arrived.

That being said, the Engineers didn't seem to have armed their base/military warehouse for self-defense, which is odd when considering that this is a biological weapons base. Perhaps they didn't have any to defend with? The Engineers were all running away from what was or were probably Xenomorphs. I never saw a Predator run away from Xenomorphs even when outnumbered. I even saw a Predator strike at a queen. The Predators have quick weapons that give them an advantage in close encounter combat. According to the first AvP movie, the Predators had the same type of weapons they had during Earthling ancient times. (Which makes me wonder why their weapons haven't changed much since then. I guess their newbies go against Xenomorphs with the Predators' traditional weapons just to prove themselves.

Predators have impressive strength even when compared to the Engineers who are taller. The Engineers are strong just because they're large humans. The Predators can jump really high. Remember seeing one leap against a queen Xenomorph in the first AvP movie? One needs to be quick and strong to be able to leap that high. The only advantage in hand to hand combat for an Engineer that I could think of is that the Engineer has long arms. The Engineers would be good boxers because of their long reach.

I'm excited about what the sequel will show about the Engineers' other technology. For now, you all can be awed at the Predators in an AvP movie after watching the Engineers in Prometheus.

TrixieVanSickle

TrixieVanSickle

QuoteThat's making too many assumptions.  A lab is a very different place from a weapons manufacturing facility.  We still know next to nothing about the engineers, and barely anything about the predators unless including EU materials. 

But a military grade weapons lab with no military security?

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: kittychu6 on Jun 09, 2012, 10:53:47 PM
where did prometheus wipe out predator cannon?? nothing in prometheus contradict predators existing.

I quite agree.  Also, I'm tired of all these people saying that 'Predator' isn't canonical to 'Alien' and 'Prometheus'.  These are the same kind of fools who deny other canonical ties within the 'Alien' universe, films that include...

'E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial' - It's largely known that E.T. had initially fled his home planet due to a Xenomorph outbreak.  It's also widely believed that a Xeno egg had been attached to E.T.'s ship (unbeknownst to him) when he arrived on Earth.  Shortly after E.T. left Earth, a face-hugger wrapped itself around Elliot's face.  He was chest-bursted shortly afterwords.   

'A Nightmare on Elm Street' - Most people acknowledge that the events in the film are in fact the nightmares of a Space Jockey/Engineer in cryosleep.  A classic Meta film.

'Turner & Hooch' - With 'Prometheus', we all learned that Hooch's bloodline continued and that his distant relative become Weyland's pet dog.  A fan fiction which I wrote (dealing with Weyland and 'Zooch' as a crime solving odd-couple) is also considered canonical to the 'Alien' universe.

'Little House on the Prairie' - When Mary Ingalls first meets her future love, Adam Kendall at the the Iowa College for blind people, as the shot focuses on Linwood Boomer for the first time; if you pause and look closely at the top left of the screen you can see a predator (using his cloaking device).  Ignorant people sometimes claim that this predator is just a bunch of grain and pixels!  Pfft.

'Debbie Does Dallas' - The connection is obvious.  This skin flick takes place in Dallas and there's a character named Dallas in 'Alien'.  This clearly makes it canon.

Everybody knows the above (and many other) films are all canon to the 'Alien' universe.  After-all, it's not like any of these films events contradict the events seen in the 'Alien' films.  Why should 'Predator' be any different?!

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jun 10, 2012, 12:06:43 AM
Quote from: kittychu6 on Jun 09, 2012, 10:53:47 PM
where did prometheus wipe out predator cannon?? nothing in prometheus contradict predators existing.

I quite agree.  Also, I'm tired of all these people saying that 'Predator' isn't canonical to 'Alien' and 'Prometheus.  These are the same kind of fools who deny other canonical ties within the 'Alien' series, films that include...

'E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial' - It's largely known that E.T. had initially fled his home planet due to a Xenomorph outbreak.  It's also widely believed that a Xeno egg had been attached to E.T.'s ship (unbeknownst to him) when he arrived on Earth.  Shortly after E.T. left Earth, a face-hugger wrapped itself around Elliot's face.  He was chest-bursted shortly afterwords.   

'A Nightmare on Elm Street' - Most people acknowledge that the events in the film are in fact the nightmares of a Space Jockey/Engineer in cryosleep.  A classic Meta film.

'Turner & Hooch' - With 'Prometheus', we all learned that Hooch's bloodline continued and his distant relative become Weyland's pet dog.  A fan fiction that I wrote (dealing with Weyland and 'Zooch' as a crime solving odd-couple) is also considered canonical to the Alien universe.

'Little House on the Prairie' - When Mary Ingalls first meets her future love, Adam Kendall at the the Iowa College for blind  people, as the shot focuses on Linwood Boomer for the first time; if you pause and look closely at the top left of the screen you can see a predator (using his cloaking device).  Ignorant people sometimes claim that this predator is just a bunch of grain and pixels!  Pfft.

'Debbie Does Dallas' - The connection is obvious.  This skin flick takes place in Dallas and there's a character named Dallas in 'Alien'.  This clearly makes it canon.

Everybody knows the above (and many other) films are all canon to the 'Alien' universe.  After-all, it's not like any of these films events contradict the events seen in the 'Alien' films.  Why should 'Predator' be any different?!
Post of the decade. I want your tentacle babies!

PLEXI

PLEXI

QuoteBut a military grade weapons lab with no military security?
Barring unknowns about their culture and etc.   It looked more like a massive storehouse/shrine rather than any sort of manufacturing facility or lab.  Meant for loading cargo onto their horseshoe shaped ships and nothing more.  Granted large parts of the structure were unexplored it's anyone's guess until we get more information on the thing.

Unless I've missed something.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Ripped off an androids head with no effort.

Open palmed someone wearing a space suit on the thick mechanical part sending her a good 10+ feet off her feet and dead. Again, no effort.

Hurled a grown man (with one arm) at least 30 feet into a wall instantly killing him. Zero look of exertion.

I am a grown man who does strength training. I am a decently strong guy. If I came across a kid who was as small in stature to me as they (Engineers) are to humans I am not hurling that kid 30 foot with one arm. Hell, I wouldn't even be able to do it ten foot on a good day. The strength to do that is superhuman easily, regardless if they are 10 foot tall.

Again, as I pointed out I am far larger then children scaled down and I am hurling nobody 30 feet. So the "large people" argument is utterly meaningless.

Finally, the fact that the cuddles couldn't readily over power him shows how utterly strong he is. That thing was nothing but muscle and teeth. I remember when I went to a reptile housing thing one of my friends own several years back. We brought out this giant ass python. It took five of us to move her to the grass up stairs. It was similar in thickness to cuddles tentacles (maybe a tad bit bigger).

The thing I will always remember from that day is as the five of us were carrying it, she just kinda twitched (for lack of better wording) a few times. Each time she did it we all jerked because of how strong she was. She wasn't trying to get away or anything - just kind of a little squirm to adjust herself as we moved her. Anyway, what I remember was feeling/thinking "God, this thing could kill me in a second if it wanted to." The power you could feel underneath those scales was other-worldly almost.

Him/he not being overpowered instantly by that mess of giant arms was actually an incredible display of his strength.

The Hyena

The Hyena

Considering that the suit the Jockey wore in Prometheus barely took any damage from weapons...and considering that the ship took little-to-no damage from impact with the Prometheus and crashing...

I'd bet full combat armour for the Jockey would be pretty damn good against Predator weapons.

Shinawi

Shinawi

It would be like a kangaroo (Predator) vs a gorilla (Engineer).

Predaker

Predaker

VS

TrixieVanSickle

TrixieVanSickle

Strength, maybe but as I said, skill is the factor. I know plenty of strong people who are good at lifting things but can't fight for crap. Predators are skilled warriors.  Engineers so far can just lift things up and put them down.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

Quote from: TrixieVanSickle on Jun 10, 2012, 12:26:05 AM
Strength, maybe but as I said, skill is the factor. I know plenty of strong people who are good at lifting things but can't fight for crap. Predators are skilled warriors.  Engineers so far can just lift things up and put them down.

We dont know how skilled the engineer is he could be an awesome fight but we haven't seen that yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed