Prometheus Box Office

Started by Spidey3121, Jun 02, 2012, 03:20:19 AM

Author
Prometheus Box Office (Read 153,967 times)

Gazz

Gazz

I think the Euro football tournament has a lot to do with it. Box office has been taking a hit in Euro related countries (even in England when the national team has played) and Fox probably wanted to avoid the tournament altogether, settling on the next best and available release date.

SM

SM

73% on Rotten Tomatoes is "extremely mixed"?

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Yeah...this revisionist history is a bit odd. Prometheus released to more or less rave reviews, and a few were mixed and general and palpable audience enthusiasm. Period.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: SM on Jul 02, 2012, 01:16:55 AM

Fine, maybe "extremely" is a slight overstatement, but yes, it's pretty damn mixed. That's 14% away from a rotten, and the audience reviews aggregate to the same level.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 02, 2012, 08:14:36 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 02, 2012, 01:16:55 AM

Fine, maybe "extremely" is a slight overstatement, but yes, it's pretty damn mixed. That's 14% away from a rotten, and the audience reviews aggregate to the same level.

What are you on about? Fresh is Fresh.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

How many major countries don't have it yet?

I see 300-315, WW, tops. Not bad. You know this thing is gonna sell tons of copies on home media.

Gazz

Gazz

Germany, Italy, Spain and Japan are the main territories. That's another $30 million at least.

There are about 6 or 7 other minor territories too.

Prime113

Prime113

The Hollywood Reporter predicts $4.9 million dollars over the weekend for a 7th place finish.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Jul 02, 2012, 08:59:58 AM

I see 300-315, WW, tops. Not bad. You know this thing is gonna sell tons of copies on home media.

Yep. That's the thing with Blu, a lot of people just buy them for the picture quality and sound. I'm one of them. I've got some of the weirdest movie's in my collection but I only bought them because of the quality and the experience on my home cinema.

I'd imagine prometheus will be right up there on the pre-order. Even if you didn't like it, its stunning to look at and if they do the transfer proud it could be one of the best looking Blu's out there.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Highland on Jul 02, 2012, 01:04:11 PM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Jul 02, 2012, 08:59:58 AM

Yep. That's the thing with Blu, a lot of people just buy them for the picture quality and sound. I'm one of them. I've got some of the weirdest movie's in my collection but I only bought them because of the quality and the experience on my home cinema.

I'd imagine prometheus will be right up there on the pre-order. Even if you didn't like it, its stunning to look at and if they do the transfer proud it could be one of the best looking Blu's out there.

I only buy films that benefit from being on Blu-Ray, like action, sci-fi, anything with good visual effects. That shit is to expensive to buy for just looks. I only by movies I like, like Prometheus  ;D

Prime113

Prime113

Weekend actual from BoxOfficeMojo - $4,921,254 for an 8th place finish.

Gazz

Gazz

Pipped for 7th by $5k.  :P

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Gazz on Jul 02, 2012, 08:26:02 PM
Pipped for 7th by $5k.  :P

Hmmmm, according to IMDb's charts, Prometheus actually came in 7th place... with 5k more than 8th(Moonrise Kingdom)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Moonrise Kingdom is only in limited release.  It's considered a very niche film.

SM

SM

QuoteFine, maybe "extremely" is a slight overstatement, but yes, it's pretty damn mixed. That's 14% away from a rotten, and the audience reviews aggregate to the same level.

You say "14%" like it's "Ooooh - it's almost rated as rotten!!", when it's not even close to that.  Ratings in the 50s and 60s are "mixed".  This isn't.

I've can only guess what you thought of the film, but are you sure you're not projecting onto a quantifiable statistic?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed