The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots

Started by ikarop, May 30, 2012, 05:54:28 PM

Author
The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots (Read 93,296 times)

Le Celticant

Doom like style.
Probably a good thing for mods (if SDK there is).
But original A:CM version will piss more than one with that many rabbit players jumping all around.
AI animations still looks horrible.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Jesus, I feel like an old man.

All I can think is how tired this whole thing makes me feel. It's so... Middle. Average. Dull.

And I really, really, don't want to feel that way about it. I was so looking forward to this game a year ago.

Eff the red dots, by the way. They don't have to give the aliens X-ray. Just get rid of the damn red dots. The entire point of the tension behind the Motion Tracker was simply seeing a lot of motion on it. If you make multi-colored BS on it, you ruin the point of it.

This is what happens when "modern sensibiltiies" get in the way of old school ideas, though. They gotta make it more "realistic" and "functional."  ::)

Oh, and if you don't like hearing or reading my opinion about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNnJOWcprvg#

Yeah, right there. EAT IT!  :laugh:

>:( Which, yeah, that's another thing i'm gonna bitch about now. Why can't these ALIEN games ever, ever just give me an old school shotgun? It's always gotta be a science fictiony shotgun. Save Alien Trilogy, not one of them has gotten the shotguns to look or feel like Michael Biehn's Ithaca. Always bugged me to Hell in AVP2. Had to reskin it to try and make it look right. Still, it wasn't the same.  :(

It's the little things that make an "authentic" experience, Gearbox. It really is.

ikarop

ikarop

New Screenshots:

Dovahkiin

It look really good.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

I have to agree - get rid of the red dots. Don't make it an option make it an absolute. It can only add to the suspense of having to check over your shoulder.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 05, 2012, 03:56:10 PM
Jesus, I feel like an old man.

All I can think is how tired this whole thing makes me feel. It's so... Middle. Average. Dull.

And I really, really, don't want to feel that way about it. I was so looking forward to this game a year ago.

Eff the red dots, by the way. They don't have to give the aliens X-ray. Just get rid of the damn red dots. The entire point of the tension behind the Motion Tracker was simply seeing a lot of motion on it. If you make multi-colored BS on it, you ruin the point of it.

This is what happens when "modern sensibiltiies" get in the way of old school ideas, though. They gotta make it more "realistic" and "functional."  ::)

Oh, and if you don't like hearing or reading my opinion about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNnJOWcprvg#

Yeah, right there. EAT IT!  :laugh:

>:( Which, yeah, that's another thing i'm gonna bitch about now. Why can't these ALIEN games ever, ever just give me an old school shotgun? It's always gotta be a science fictiony shotgun. Save Alien Trilogy, not one of them has gotten the shotguns to look or feel like Michael Biehn's Ithaca. Always bugged me to Hell in AVP2. Had to reskin it to try and make it look right. Still, it wasn't the same.  :(

It's the little things that make an "authentic" experience, Gearbox. It really is.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 05, 2012, 04:57:38 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/346/969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg

Do you want to try and employ an actual response there or do you prefer just using dickish, trollish, imagery?  :)

See? I can do it too.  :laugh:

Quote from: ikarop on Jun 05, 2012, 04:11:28 PM
New Screenshots:

Lobby looks typical for modern shooters, unfortunately.

The environment looks pretty solid. I don't care for the changes to the Pulse Rifle.

To Hell with the ironsights, but whatever, nothing is ever gonna change that.

That image of the APC is awesome. Love the lighting and stuff in that shot. Very good.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 05, 2012, 05:05:57 PM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 05, 2012, 04:57:38 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/346/969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg

Do you want to try and employ an actual response there or do you prefer just using dickish, trollish, imagery?

Looks like Someone  needs to learn how to take a joke.

Tidus

Tidus

Man, Gearbox really needs to do something about the sense of scale - it isn't obvious consciously, but if you take a deeper look at the environments it really pulls you off the experience. It happened to Borderlands, that's why I'm expecting to see the same thing here.

The marine next to the crusher looks like a toy, seriously.

I also see the game is lacking some artistic direction, in the sense of guiding the player, for example. Most of what I have seen are naked environments. They could use a lot of pipes that would do the job. They would also add realism to the levels. A colony like this needs much water everywhere.

ikarop

Predaker

I see there will be parts involving color coded alligator clips with a circuit board. Red, yellow, green, and blue. Follow the circuit post to the nearest color along the path of circuits to determine what goes where.

WinterActual

The textures are still very low res. Just look at the first gameplay screen (the one after the lobby screen) and look at the door - what the hell! The doors in HL1 were more detailed. I am not playing the game because of the graphics but this really bothers me. Its just habit I acquired over the years  :-\

Predaker

I heard an alien croak when it died, just like from the April press release.

Please make them sound more like in the suspense trailer... Or the movies at least ;)

ikarop

Pictures of Xenomorph gameplay:

More pictures of the booth here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/segaamerica/sets/72157629953546542/with/7342267802/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed