Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.2%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
149 (33.6%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
69 (15.5%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
26 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 441

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 323,891 times)

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

The fact that Shaw, after her lover being infected and burned and her though being "barren" somehow is impregnated with a squid, doesn't burst into the room with the intention of cutting somebody'd head off and instead goes with them to the ship and confronts the Engineer screaming as to why they hate us when she should be more concerned of her own race and it's creations f***ing her over.

Defend it all you want, its just another exampe of a piss poor script, with lazy inconveniences to benefit and otherwise uninspired, disappointing story

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 22, 2012, 07:37:00 AM
The fact that Shaw, after her lover being infected and burned and her though being "barren" somehow is impregnated with a squid, doesn't burst into the room with the intention of cutting somebody'd head off and instead goes with them to the ship and confronts the Engineer screaming as to why they hate us when she should be more concerned of her own race and it's creations f***ing her over.

Defend it all you want, its just another exampe of a piss poor script, with lazy inconveniences to benefit and otherwise uninspired, disappointing story

At that point in the movie... why would Shaw want to confront anyone but the engineers??? She believed that the engineers were benign beings, but she finds out at her own expense that they are not. Your criticism doesn't make sense.

BANE

BANE

She doesn't know Holloway was infected BY a crewmember. For all she knows, he was infected on their first expedition out and the infection lead to her pregnancy. David gives nothing away about his involvement (until a hint is given while they're in the jockey ship), and so Shaw has no reason to be blindingly pissed off at the crew.

szkoki

szkoki

dunno where to post this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jyxZBuWSXM#ws

he is right

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Darth Vile on Jun 22, 2012, 08:28:42 AM

At that point in the movie... why would Shaw want to confront anyone but the engineers??? She believed that the engineers were benign beings, but she finds out at her own expense that they are not. Your criticism doesn't make sense.

I'm pointing out the fact that her lover is dead and she almost gave birth to a squid, where was the part where her character thought "What the f**k just happened?!"

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 22, 2012, 12:03:11 PM
Quote from: Darth Vile on Jun 22, 2012, 08:28:42 AM

I'm pointing out the fact that her lover is dead and she almost gave birth to a squid, where was the part where her character thought "What the f**k just happened?!"

That scene, which I think is quite brilliant, where she puts on Holloway's ring and looks in the mirror.... as she comes to terms with what's happened/what's about to happen.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

If you enjoyed it then more power to you.  I didn't and I just thought it was one of the many things that ruined this movie for me.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 22, 2012, 01:48:33 PM
If you enjoyed it then more power to you.  I didn't and I just thought it was one of the many things that ruined this movie for me.
It's not about enjoying it/not enjoying it... you asked where the part in the movie was where Shaw realised that sh*t was happening. I just pointed out where that significant scene is... and where Shaw is reflecting on what has happened/what's about to happen... but that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Darth Vile on Jun 22, 2012, 04:34:55 PM
It's not about enjoying it/not enjoying it... you asked where the part in the movie was where Shaw realised that sh*t was happening. I just pointed out where that significant scene is... and where Shaw is reflecting on what has happened/what's about to happen... but that doesn't mean you have to like it.

It just felt too rushed to me, with what she was coming to terms with

szkoki

szkoki

some people needs to put specific scenes in their face because they dont understand some of them in the movie....no problem with that at all we all different :)

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jun 22, 2012, 04:51:14 PM
Quote from: Darth Vile on Jun 22, 2012, 04:34:55 PM

It just felt too rushed to me, with what she was coming to terms with
See, that's a fair enough criticism. But don't just say it's not there.

demonbane

demonbane

Lazy to read through entire thread, so here is my complaint.

I found it weird that Janek would just listen to Shaw and sacrifice himself along with his crews. I felt there was not enough convincing character development that they would gladly sacrifice their lives to stop Engineer. Even with how other crews turned into mutants, I don't think that would convince them that Engineer could wipe out humanity.

Personally, I enjoyed it, but it was one of the things that I can understand why others wouldn't like it.
Some people claim that ads were misleading as we don't see origin of humanity(Or they didn't understand the opening.)
It basically screams the sequel, but not in a proper way.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: BLAIN on Jun 23, 2012, 03:04:56 PM
See, that's a fair enough criticism. But don't just say it's not there.
Just about  :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: demonbane on Jun 24, 2012, 03:15:08 AM
Lazy to read through entire thread, so here is my complaint.

I found it weird that Janek would just listen to Shaw and sacrifice himself along with his crews. I felt there was not enough convincing character development that they would gladly sacrifice their lives to stop Engineer. Even with how other crews turned into mutants, I don't think that would convince them that Engineer could wipe out humanity.

Personally, I enjoyed it, but it was one of the things that I can understand why others wouldn't like it.
Some people claim that ads were misleading as we don't see origin of humanity(Or they didn't understand the opening.)
It basically screams the sequel, but not in a proper way.

I think seeing what happened to Holloway is what convinced them. If that can happen to one man, what happens when millions are exposed sort of thing. But yeah you're right, there was a serious lack of development.

BANE

BANE

Holloway, Fifield, and the worm I would think. Although, you know, if he was thinking rationally, then there would only be two possible uses for the goo (science or military), and if it's going to earth, either would probably mean bad things for humanity.

Should we find a new name for the goo? I'm tired of calling it goo. How about:
1) Hell's Worcestershire Sauce
2) Space Molasses
or
3) The Mutation Sensation

IDK.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed