Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.3%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.4%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
69 (15.6%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
26 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 440

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 322,850 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 09, 2012, 08:41:56 AM
Worst thing about Prometheus? How completely unoriginal it is. Story follows the original film's plot points almost beat for beat, and the ampule stuff? Oh wow, a malevolent black alien goo that infects people and either possesses them or makes them pregnant with an alien! A strong female scientist who treasures the cruicifix she wears around her neck and maintains her faith even in the face of an alien invasion by what are actually this planets original inhabitants, who even influenced our evolution at various points in history! These not-so-alien beings actually plan on annihilating us by releasing their black goo alien virus on a global scale!

I HAVE NEVER COME ACROSS SUCH THINGS BEFORE! BRAVO, LINDELOF!
Haha, yeah, I was thinking about The X-Files a bit. There was a big body-burster in the movie too, and ancient aliens in stasis that wake up and are pissssed. I really like that movie...

Ash 937

Ash 937

Alien was a story that been "done before" too.  It was the talent that came together that made it something special.  While Prometheus does has its flaws, I don't think its fair to say that its unoriginal without admitting that it comes out of a franchise that isn't too original to begin with (except for maybe Alien3 which people tend to dislike for other reasons).

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Worst thing about Prometheus? How completely unoriginal it is. Story follows the original film's plot points almost beat for beat, and the ampule stuff? Oh wow, a malevolent black alien goo that infects people and either possesses them or makes them pregnant with an alien! A strong female scientist who treasures the cruicifix she wears around her neck and maintains her faith even in the face of an alien invasion by what are actually this planets original inhabitants, who even influenced our evolution at various points in history! These not-so-alien beings actually plan on annihilating us by releasing their black goo alien virus on a global scale!

You know... i am kind of understanding people saying you shouldn't compare the film to other stuff because it's really making it worst. The black goo being X-file stuff was obvious but i completely forgot about Scully, thats...thats just bad.

This film has enough problem by itself that we should not go to other sources that much.
It's a funny post, no question, but it really made feel bad for the film... like it's a living being or something.
It's not the films fault that is bad, is it's parents that raised it bad.  :laugh:

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Yeah, no, it's not like the franchise didn't have plenty of goo, K-Y jelly and foreign substances to begin with.

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jun 09, 2012, 09:16:24 AM
Alien was a story that been "done before" too.  It was the talent that came together that made it something special.  While Prometheus does has its flaws, I don't think its fair to say that its unoriginal without admitting that it comes out of a franchise that isn't too original to begin with (except for maybe Alien3 which people tend to dislike for other reasons).

it was the talent, script, brilliant scary creature desings, and believability that made alien so brilliant.

ridley and lindelof have been rambling on about how original prometheus is..... i dont remember ridley claiming alien was original.

in fairness, it is pretty hard to make something original nowadays as so many ideas have been put to film. but the problem is them making the big claim which isnt true.

thanks

rich

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

I actually liked it. I liked Shaw and David. Vickers was allright and Janek was baller with his accordion. I even liked Holloway. I liked it all.

'cept for pretty much all the damn creature designs. Coulda just used all of Gigers old paintings as reference and had a much better movie. For all Riddles talk on how the alien was "tired" and overused there was nothing in prommy that could even compare to the original alien. And that just gnaws at me.

And GODDAMN ENGINEERS WITH MAGIC SPACE FLUITS WHAT THE f**k MAN. ARRRRRRGH.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Spaghetti on Jun 09, 2012, 09:30:49 AM

Goddamnit! The one time I must have blinked was at that part! I have no clue what you guys are talking about!  :laugh:

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 09, 2012, 09:34:54 AM
Quote from: Spaghetti on Jun 09, 2012, 09:30:49 AM

Goddamnit! The one time I must have blinked was at that part! I have no clue what you guys are talking about!  :laugh:

the engineer uses a flute/piccolo type instrument to power up the control console of the ship in the hologram that david watches, he then copies it later when he and weyland etc return to waken the engineer.

thanks

rich

RubberChickenMan

RubberChickenMan

Loved the movie. Except for the mutation part which was pointless. The space jockeys looked awesome. They looked intelligent and brutal. The story couldve been better but still great. Loved David. Loved the acting. Visuals are the best Ive seen since Avatar. And I really want a sequal.

8.5/10

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

And Cvalda didn't like it. SHOCKED!! ;)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 09, 2012, 11:05:28 AM
Admittedly, she said she was prepared to.

Have you posted a review for the film yet, by the by?

Samus007

Samus007

Pretty sure you need to also blame sphaits and Scott, not JUST lindelof.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I haven't. The film's resonance is increasing as the hours pass, and I'm not sure I want to add to the overwhelming amount of reviews. Maybe later.

Cybercat

Cybercat

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 09, 2012, 11:35:28 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 09, 2012, 11:05:28 AM
Admittedly, she said she was prepared to.

Have you posted a review for the film yet, by the by?

Yeah, because I sure listen to people that decide they hate something before they see it.  Why is the internet this moronic?  Why do "fans" (extremely loose use of the term here) like that think that think their irrational preemptive hatered matters?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 09, 2012, 11:39:26 AM
I haven't. The film's resonance is increasing as the hours pass, and I'm not sure I want to add to the overwhelming amount of reviews. Maybe later.
Cool man, look forward to it.

Quote from: Cybercat on Jun 09, 2012, 11:40:04 AM
Yeah, because I sure listen to people that decide they hate something before they see it.  Why is the internet this moronic?  Why do "fans" (extremely loose use of the term here) like that think that think their irrational preemptive hatered matters?
You're not being asked to listen to anyone. As far as I've seen. the majority of people who disliked the film explained why.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed