The End of Alien and Predator Movies?

Started by chrisr232007, May 29, 2012, 05:14:29 PM

Author
The End of Alien and Predator Movies? (Read 12,053 times)

Glaive

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 29, 2012, 07:38:46 PM
Quote from: Mastes1 on May 29, 2012, 06:46:52 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on May 29, 2012, 06:42:44 PM
Quote from: Negatronix on May 29, 2012, 06:25:04 PM
I think that there is a tremendous opportunity for RS to undo the bastardization that JC did to the Alien species in Aliens, which pretty much guaranteed crap Alien movies for ever after.. The perfect organism was turned into a giant cricket and lives in a bug hive.. Jesus. That was never even close to what was set up in Alien with the SJ and the derelict.
Well, you've clearly done your research into the first film... Giger even called the egg silo in Alien a "termite nest," whilst Scott called the Alien a "biomechanoid insect". Pretty much everyone involved in Alien loved or appreciated the sequel, so no, nothing's getting 'undone'.
Scott himself who said he thought the film was a fantastic achievement at the time. Cameron gets a lot of haters now because of the success of Titanic and Avatar, he also gets blamed for the current 3D trend which everyone sems to hate, i get tired of defending him to be honest , the guy is a geneus to me, just look at his resume!

You have to admit though, Cameron does push the 3D thing in peoples faces way too much.  I mean Avatar was just technological genius on the screen, but the film itself offeres nothing interesting to really get into, while Titanic, an absolutle masterpiece in cinematography and storytelling (IMO) was also an exercise in what NOT to do with 3D.

'Titanac' was a masterpiece in demographics and ''map-storytelling''...nothing more...as was 'The Abyss'

Valaquen

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 29, 2012, 07:17:47 PM
The Alien Eggs were kept in a cavern below the Jockey ship, many have often argued they were in ships hold (even me), but Scott has since confirmed they were stored underground and that was always the intention
... No, he has repeatedly said hold, and that the ship is a carrier for the eggs. Where are you getting this from?

Predaker

Quote from: Valaquen on May 29, 2012, 07:51:41 PM
The Alien Eggs were kept in a cavern below the Jockey ship, many have often argued they were in ships hold (even me), but Scott has since confirmed they were stored underground and that was always the intention
... No, he has repeatedly said hold, and that the ship is a carrier for the eggs. Where are you getting this from?
Yes, also there was the blue light/mist that was part of SJ tech.

RoaryUK

Scott has said lots of things, but the lastest thing was the eggs were "in a cavern to be transported to an unknown destination", something I don't need to proove as he clearly backs this up with Prometheus anyway.

Mastes1

To be fair, Scott or someone has mentioned it recently as i remember reading it, it does make sense as well as the caverns were way too big for the ship and i think thats why he mentioned it although the caverns have the same walls as the derelict and the eggs are covered by the blue mist which is obviously a defence mechanism made by the Jockeys. I just think Scott loses his head sometimes and says things off hand, he made ALIEN but i'm willing to bet that many die hard fans can remember these little things more than Scott can at this stage.

RoaryUK

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 29, 2012, 07:57:09 PM
To be fair, Scott or someone has mentioned it recently as i remember reading it, it does make sense as well as the caverns were way too big for the ship and i think thats why he mentioned it although the caverns have the same walls as the derelict and the eggs are covered by the blue mist which is obviously a defence mechanism made by the Jockeys. I just think Scott loses his head sometimes and says things off hand, he made ALIEN but i'm willing to bet that many die hard fans can remember these little things more than Scott can at this stage.

And there was The Temple at one point... it's no coincidence things are coming full circle then.  :)

escroto

Quote from: Predaker on May 29, 2012, 07:53:20 PMYes, also there was the blue light/mist that was part of SJ tech.
yes those were called stasis fields; they served for preventing the facehuggers from detectin..., wait a moment, argh It is you :laugh:

Predaker

Quote from: escroto on May 29, 2012, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 29, 2012, 07:53:20 PMYes, also there was the blue light/mist that was part of SJ tech.
yes those were called stasis fields; they served for preventing the facehuggers from detectin..., wait a moment, argh It is you :laugh:
Lol whats up broski  :D

escroto

escroto

Quote from: Predaker on May 29, 2012, 08:09:42 PM
xD :laugh:

Did you know Cameron's main inspiration for his film aliens was the old book "StarShip Troppers"?, aw man, that's encouraging eh?, you now guess what monster took the role of the arachnid? :), also, can you guess where all ACM stuff (inclusing the dropship) comes from?

At least Scott managed to be original, not just that his monster was mysterious and superior when compared to Cameron's arachni..., I mean alien warrior

Predaker

Yes that was weak. The aliens should have been able to avoid the 10mm armor piercing explosive tipped rounds like neo from the matrix.

escroto

Quote from: Predaker on May 29, 2012, 08:15:25 PM
Yes that was weak. The aliens should have been able to avoid the 10mm armor piercing explosive tipped rounds like neo from the matrix.
the aliens should have laughed hard at those 10mm armor piercing rounds when a nice 5600ºc plasma shower (and in a vacuum) neither disintegrate the first alien nor It even scratched Its body structure. (the creature even struggled to re-enter the ship with the engine engaged)

I just separate both aliens from the lore even when they come from the same host. It is easier to me. Giger's alien was Giger's, and Cameron's arach..., I mean warrior was Cameron's

Mastes1

Quote from: escroto on May 29, 2012, 08:12:09 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 29, 2012, 08:09:42 PM
xD :laugh:

Did you know Cameron's main inspiration for his film aliens was the old book "StarShip Troppers"?, aw man, that's encouraging eh?, you now guess what monster took the role of the arachnid? :), also, can you guess where all ACM stuff (inclusing the dropship) comes from?

At least Scott managed to be original, not just that his monster was mysterious and superior when compared to Cameron's arachni..., I mean alien warrior
I have never seen him mention Starship Troopers before, he had mentioned the Vietnam War as being fresh in peoples minds though. Also ALIEN wasn't Scotts idea in the first place plus i don't know why you are going on about Cameron again, i didn't mention him in that post at all.

harlock

Well...

Spoiler
From initial reports its quite clear that the xeno eggs on the Derelict were now a result of a bioweapon leak from urns aboard the place. Just how the Engineer in the chair got infected is anyone's guess, but potentially the Derelict could have came from the same outbreak from the moon the Prometheus landed on, 2000 years before the film took place.
[close]

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: escroto on May 29, 2012, 08:19:49 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 29, 2012, 08:15:25 PM
the aliens should have laughed hard at those 10mm armor piercing rounds when a nice 5600ºc plasma shower (and in a vacuum) neither disintegrate the first alien nor It even scratched Its body structure. (the creature even struggled to re-enter the ship with the engine engaged)

I just separate both aliens from the lore even when they come from the same host. It is easier to me. Giger's alien was Giger's, and Cameron's arach..., I mean warrior was Cameron's
What about the harpoon that pierces the Alien in the first movie? It didn't laugh at that, it squirted blood.

escroto

escroto

Quote from: Predaker on May 29, 2012, 08:25:00 PMWhat about the harpoon that pierces the Alien in the first movie? It didn't laugh at that, it squirted blood.
The harpoon attached successfully to Its external chest. It didn't penetrate Its body structure. No blood squirted no nothing (again look at the plasma scene, and you know..., emh, no :laugh:)

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 29, 2012, 08:20:04 PMI have never seen him mention Starship Troopers before, he had mentioned the Vietnam War as being fresh in peoples minds though. Also ALIEN wasn't Scotts idea in the first place plus i don't know why you are going on about Cameron again, i didn't mention him in that post at all.
when the film "Starship Troppers" was released, Cameron in an interview (journalist asked him about his thoughts on that movie) replied literally:

"Why did they make that movie?, I already did It in 1986."

He also openly admitted that everything CM related was directly inspired by the old book. Also, same went to the NEW alien monster and Its hive/queen structure.

Sorry to rain on your parade. I know this is a fatal blow on anyone who loves or has loved "Aliens" above anything else in his life. I just wanna give you my condolences on such epic slap in your very legit thoughts (as legit as anyone's else), and just encourage you to carry on. You will always find another bug-hunt movie with enormous monsters that we military humans shoot at.

Also, you're right on the last part of your post. It was all about O'Bannon and Shusett using Giger's ideas. But you still don't seem to see Scott's importance on directing the film..., man that's critical to understand what some of us mean with all this.

Quote from: harlock on May 29, 2012, 08:21:56 PM
Well...

Spoiler
From initial reports its quite clear that the xeno eggs on the Derelict were now a result of a bioweapon leak from urns aboard the place. Just how the Engineer in the chair got infected is anyone's guess, but potentially the Derelict could have came from the same outbreak from the moon the Prometheus landed on, 2000 years before the film took place.
[close]
thanks for the heads up in the form of spoil. This is a first step in the good direction at least. It apparently discards the alien queen from the lore...., YEAH!! 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed