NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!!

Started by NGR01, May 26, 2012, 10:10:50 AM

Author
NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!! (Read 168,926 times)

Parker

Deep down I knew Fox would come up with a way to f*ck this up, even if Ridleys intentions were pure like he's stated a million times in interviews, Fox always shits in the apple pie

GreatKnower

Though Ridley shares the blame for allowing it, Lindelof is what screwed the pooch on this one. Hopefully they will stop hiring him now. Its just a shame we had to sacrifice Alien/Prometheus to get it done.

Parker

Quote from: GreatKnower on May 29, 2012, 10:27:34 PM
Though Ridley shares the blame for allowing it, Lindelof is what screwed the pooch on this one. Hopefully they will stop hiring him now. Its just a shame we had to sacrifice Alien/Prometheus to get it done.

I'm still going in on June 8th in an attempt to enjoy the movie one way or another

zoidy

Why is any of this the (co)writer's fault? Co-writer with the Director. The Director who is in complete creative charge of the project, hired the writers to help HIM, and had a number of writers write multiple iterations until HE was happy with it.

And of course you might find that you enjoy the film once you've seen it.

AVP-CAPCOM

Roll on ALIEN VS PREDATOR 3 the movie.

At least it will feature Xenos and the AVP films have been more consistent in terms of coming out in a space of a few years and doing what they say on the tin.

While I'm here yes I also like AVP-R in a "so crap its good" film whilst having some cool stuff going on.

St_Eddie

Quote from: zoidy on May 29, 2012, 10:34:07 PM
Why is any of this the (co)writer's fault? Co-writer with the Director. The Director who is in complete creative charge of the project, hired the writers to help HIM, and had a number of writers write multiple iterations until HE was happy with it.

Spot on.  Anyone who's primarily placing the blame on Lindelof's shoulders clearly has prior beef with him.  Grow the f**k up people and stop being so small-minded.

Also, as you say; the vast majority of you haven't even watched the film yet!  Unbelievable!

Predaker

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 29, 2012, 10:38:15 PM

Spot on.  Anyone who's primarily placing the blame on Lindelof's shoulders clearly has prior beef with him.  Grow the f**k up people and stop being so small-minded.

Also, as you say; the vast majority of you haven't even watched the film yet!  Unbelievable!
I never watched LOST, and I don't really know much about Lindelof. However, after hearing him talk about being afraid of being discovered as a hack and even losing sleep over it, combined with these unanswered questions that lead to no where, leads me to believe he would be somewhat culpable if this film fails.

zoidy

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on May 29, 2012, 10:35:00 PM
Roll on ALIEN VS PREDATOR 3 the movie.

At least it will feature Xenos and the AVP films have been more consistent in terms of coming out in a space of a few years and doing what they say on the tin.

While I'm here yes I also like AVP-R in a "so crap its good" film whilst having some cool stuff going on.
I'm pretty sure I see those sorts of films on the syfy channel every week  ;D  Just pretend the rubber suit fighting rubbish actress #2 is an "Alien" alien, and you're sorted!

Ruzena

Yeah NGRO1 please is there any airlock in the temple or how the feck is it possible they have helmets somewhere and somewhere not, some forcefield or decompression chamber? Some mechanism, with two doors? Or they just walk down hallway and they say ah OK we can breathe inside because we are deep in the rock :D

zoidy

Quote from: Predaker on May 29, 2012, 10:40:12 PM
I never watched LOST, and I don't really know much about Lindelof. However, after hearing him talk about being afraid of being discovered as a hack and even losing sleep over it, combined with these unanswered questions that lead to no where, leads me to believe he would be somewhat culpable if this film fails.
Come on now. The only thing you can criticise here is Lindelof being chatty in interviews! LOL. To be honest, he comes across as a slightly arrogant so-and-so, but lets face it - his success and bank account suggest he is right to be so.

Ridley Scott is seen as a reserved professional Director, and so people are desperate to blame someone else if the film - THAT THEY HAVENT SEEN YET (LOL!!) - turns out to be a disappointment.

This thread is just brilliant!

YouAreMyLuckyStar

Hi NGR01,
Thanks for taking the time and patience  to reply to everyone's questions. I was wondering if you could explain the following (I hope it hasn't been asked before):

Spoiler
In one of the trailers, there is a picture of the SJ attacking Shaw and his skin appears burnt/bubbled. Yet in the video we see of the engineer being attacked by the tentacle monster, his face and body seem clear. Does he end up getting acid on him during the fight with the monster? If so, does this mean he survives the impregnation and attacks Shaw outside the medbay? And if that is the case, how exactly does he die?
[close]

Also
Spoiler
in another trailer we had a shot of a kind of "Pinocchio" looking character (not Fifield, but nor did it look like the SJ) dressed in a spacesuit, attacking crew members in the hangar. I just wondered if you could shed any light on this.
[close]

Sorry I don't have the video/image for the second question at the mo, I'll look for it to show you what I'm talking about.

Thanks again.

NGR01

Quote from: Ruzena on May 29, 2012, 10:42:12 PM
Yeah NGRO1 please is there any airlock in the temple or how the feck is it possible they have helmets somewhere and somewhere not, some forcefield or decompression chamber? Some mechanism, with two doors? Or they just walk down hallway and they say ah OK we can breathe inside because we are deep in the rock :D

Spoiler
There is some sort of door that give access to the the temple, it's almost closed.
Once they get deep inside it at some moment Holloway check the O2 levels they are normal, he removes his helmet then he say they (the engineers) must have been doing terraformation.
Sometime the characters in the corridors wear their helmet but mostly inside Engineers rooms they don't.
Basically its the main actors that remove their helmet all the time lol the rest we don't care.
The only airlock they open that has consequences, is the one leading to the head room, its has been sealed for 2000 years, when they open it they damage the mural and the urns wich start leaking the black goo...
Then there is of course the airlock leading to the juggernaut.
[close]

Predaker

Quote from: zoidy on May 29, 2012, 10:45:08 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 29, 2012, 10:40:12 PM
Come on now. The only thing you can criticise here is Lindelof being chatty in interviews! LOL. To be honest, he comes across as a slightly arrogant so-and-so, but lets face it - his success and bank account suggest he is right to be so.

Ridley Scott is seen as a reserved professional Director, and so people are desperate to blame someone else if the film - THAT THEY HAVENT SEEN YET (LOL!!) - turns out to be a disappointment.

This thread is just brilliant!
I'm not blaming anyone, and I have no problem with Lindelof being arrogant. I didn't criticise him and I haven't even seen the film yet.  :P Relax mate, and appreciate the opinions of others.  ;)

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

No this is not what happened. Spaights wrote a screenplay and pitched it to ridley, ridley liked it and pitched it to Fox. After some rewrites and focus points, Fox approved and brought in Lindelof to replace Spaights. Lindelof rewrote the entire thing and convinced Ridley his way was the way to go. Im sure Ridley pushed back on some things, but obviously not enough.
Everything that is being said about the vagueness, story, characters, and lack of cohesion is the same comments that have been made about everything Lindelof has written and got produced, everything. Ridley and Lindelof are also Producers on Prometheus so they actually have more say in what goes in or not, and some say in the budgeting process and ownership over anything new they create. Ridley does not own Alien rights, but he does Prometheus'. Co-writer is a Huge misnomer, he rewrote Spaights draft several times and what we get on the screen is what Lindelof wrote, the only thing left from Spaights is the Premise, thats it, everything else is Lindelof's pen and Ridley's misguided trust in the guy. Im sure Fox told him "this guy is the new hotness. He'll generate Questions."(Yeah, that's all he'll generate) and Ridley has to trust that, otherwise Lindelof would have never been brought in (no need for him). Ridley can only be as good as the ideas presented to him other than his own. If this MiB/Smoke Monster Wannabe has been feeding him nonsense, well there you have it. Ridley directed what Lindelof WROTE.

They literally own this and the mess up is theirs, in a greater sense than just a director making a bad movie. They cant blame fox or the other execs/producers.....They are Producers. I just focus on Lindelof because he continues to do this on every project he is on. You would think after knowingly being a hack, and being called out for it, even if you never ADMITTED to it, you would atleast TRY to improve and silence the doubters. Make your masterpiece....do all the things they said you couldn't get right. He doesn't, He just replies "i wrote it perfect" then goes on to write his next tragedy, mangling someone else's work and art. Its not about personal beef or jealousy. Its about how so many of us can do so much more..care so much more..but most of us will not get the same opportunities to shine, and if we did, we certainly wouldn't take it for granted. Yeah we better be getting PAID for it but trust me, we would be investing our souls and spirit into the work. Instead they hire him and we get medicore, spit in your face everything.   

Ridley has atleast made some masterpieces before and has a unique vision of his own. Its obvious the "plan" was to create Ridley's "Star Wars" but they didnt do "a new hope" they did "Luke Starkiller"

Lindelof's lack of respect for the material and solidity of the artform might end up costing them this great opportunity.

Im not a hater believe me, ill go see the movie and enjoy the experience, but it most likely wont be what Ridley could have accomplished without this epeen of a writer/producer. They'll get my ticket money, and that's all that matter's right? Hell No. Never.

Its about RESPECT, SPIRIT, and OPPORTUNITY

NGR01

Quote from: YouAreMyLuckyStar on May 29, 2012, 10:47:26 PM
Spoiler
in another trailer we had a shot of a kind of "Pinocchio" looking character (not Fifield, but nor did it look like the SJ) dressed in a spacesuit, attacking crew members in the hangar. I just wondered if you could shed any light on this.
[close]
Sorry I don't have the video/image for the second question at the mo, I'll look for it to show you what I'm talking about.
Thanks again.

Spoiler
It's Fifield, there is no other crazy mutant in the hangar attacking the crew.
But like i already said, we saw him in one of the trailer having elongated limbs but inthe movie he does not have those.
So the design evolved during post production.
Same goes about the burnt engineer in the tvspot, i don't recall seeing him burnt in the movie.
His face is clearly seen un harmed when he's attacked by the giant Squid.
The engineer attacks Shaw then get attacked by the Squid, shaw escapes, Engineer dies impregnated.
No acid from the Squid nor he does hunt Shaw outside the ship.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed