NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!!

Started by NGR01, May 26, 2012, 10:10:50 AM

Author
NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!! (Read 168,930 times)

RustiSwordz

Exactly Dragon. There must be more mutants/ cuddles goes nuts/ engineer goes killcrazy/ xeno type action to kill the rest of the crew.

proicioaway

@NGR01 -  thanks for the write up & all info provided to date. Really appreciated.  As a follow up, I have a couple of specific questions:

1. Prometheus crew is numbered at 15-17. You have outlined the deaths of major characters. How do the rest of the crew perish ? 

2. What is the final scene of the film - can you describe in more detail the curtain call shot ?

3. Were there any scenes that elicited a strong positive group response from the movie audience during the actual movie ?

TIA

RoyaleDuke

I very briefly scanned through some of it, so far I don't know what to think. I'm not sure if I am going to bite on believing any of it, and at the very least I don't think it'll end in tears for me(unless those tears are tears of joy, because the film looks fantastic and I want to love it like I love Alien) but if the movie does indeed suck it will end with me getting my money back just as I did for AVP:R, AVP, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, The Ring and Phantom Menace/Attack of the Clones.

Largely, I do not gripe about spending money at the cinema but when it costs me almost 30 dollars for two people to get in, I'll be damned if I let some cockamamey movie take away what little money I have. If I get my money back it's usually on principle, I was not entertained therefor I should get my money back.

In the case of this movie, I just can't imagine a Phantom menace or other similar situation arising. I have faith in Ridley Scott, and I have faith in my gut feelings(which are usually never wrong) that this movie will be awesome, legendary even. Will I be upset if it's not to my liking? Sure. But it won't be because I won't see Xenos running around onscreen, it would be if it lacks any of that Ridley-magic that I enjoy and if the story, acting, Cinematography and special effects are not good.

If this ends up not being a good prequel/not prequel to Alien I suppose I would be quite disappointed moreso if the movie is bad.

Like I said though, I just know that for some reason this movie will be good. At least for me.

I will say however that anybody expecting this film's ideas or Ridley's interpretation being in line with 30 years of rabid fan based extrapolation will be disappointed. The creativity and ideas that one person might have may conflict or be completely different than what the other person has in mind or wants to create.

I expect an Alien prequel with larger trappings than just "hey it's a me, a xenomorph! Oh and Space Jockey too. Here's my Derelict.", I expect Alien Plus.

I expect it to be good.

If it's not? I cannot say without a doubt on how I will react to what ends up being on screen, even with the light scanning of spoilers(avoiding bits mostly about creatures or certain events) I've read I don't know what's really going to happen.

I've seen the trailers, and I've read possibly true conjecture. Without condemning or approving of NRG's post and with do respect, I will only believe what I see with my own two eyes.  I do appreciate him going through the trouble of doing this for us, bullshit or not.

artmonk

Im new too this forum and been reading ngr posts, seems legit but just wondering if David infects Halloway with the black ooze in the wine then what is that little worm thing that crawls into his eye I saw in the trailer?

RustiSwordz

Quote from: proicioaway on May 29, 2012, 05:35:56 AM
@NGR01 -  thanks for the write up & all info provided to date. Really appreciated.  As a follow up, I have a couple of specific questions:

1. Prometheus crew is numbered at 15-17. You have outlined the deaths of major characters. How do the rest of the crew perish ? 

2. What is the final scene of the film - can you describe in more detail the curtain call shot ?

3. Were there any scenes that elicited a strong positive group response from the movie audience during the actual movie ?

TIA

Please describe the ending in a seperate spoiler tag. Thanks NRG01 so i can read the other answers and skip over the ending answer. :)

Qwertify

Nothing more to do on this forum until I go see the movie.

melkor

melkor

New poster.

THANKS for the responses.

Can you advise though:

-- how does the 'xenomorph' mural feature in the plot...

???

NGR01

I already answered some questions.
Please read my posts in this thread.
Just click on my profile and you will have acess directly to all my posts.
Don't want to repeat myself ad nauseum.

Again thanks for the guys who are mocking my reaction.
Very nice, veeeeery nice guys...

The dust have settled i now know what bothered me the most.
And no guys the movie does not suck. It's very good.
Just lazy and cheap yeah i saiod cheap in it's finale giving what was supposed to happen.
I had some neat info this morning in my mailbox about the original ending plans and i would have loved that.
I might end up having the original script if my buddy delivers.

I'm going to update my first post on post one.
It will be full of spoiler this time.

zuzuki

NGR01.  Ridley said that he couldn't have made the final scene in this movie some years ago because the tehnology wasn't available. Also some french reviews said that the final scene is epic. My question is what exactly is this final scene? what was so hard to achieve, and why was it epic?

NGR01

maybe he's talking about the crash.
Because there is nothing epic or undoable in the final moments.
Really don't see whats been so tough in those final moments.

zuzuki

zuzuki

Kinda bummed to hear this. When i read about the final scene and tehnical limitations i realy believed we would get something big.
So the prometheus-derelict colision and the crash afterwards happen at the end of the movie, not in the second act?
If so i think the only people i can be really mad so far, like 1000% is the marketing people who put all this stuff in the trailers and tvspots

armageddon

I don't know. I'm a bit skeptical. It sounds like we've seen basically everything of interest already in the trailers, interviews and featurerettes. I have difficulties believing that they'd spoil the whole movie upfront.

But I might be completely wrong with that. I'll guess I have to watch the movie to know for myself. :)

NGR01

Those FOX bastard spoiled the movie for us.
Basicaly you all already know the story if you have seen the trailers.

So maybe it's not that i find the movie lazy but since i almost already knew the story it was a bit lame to just see the stuff happen.

Again i stress that the movie is beautiful, well acted (even if you feel some character role have been hacked from the original script or cut), FX are top notch. It's a great apetizer.
I was expecting the main course i think.

zuzuki

Quote from: NGR01 on May 29, 2012, 09:59:32 AM

So maybe it's not that i find the movie lazy but since i almost already knew the story it was a bit lame to just see the stuff happen.

This is probably the main concern for me, and the number one reason people on this forum will hate it.

Oh and a nice question for you. How was Logan Marshall Green acting? :laugh:

armageddon

Just so I get it right, is this what happens:

Spoiler

1. Jockey wakes up, wastes Weyland, mercs and Ford.
2. Shaw flees, Jockey launches Juggernaut.
3. Prometheus goes after Juggernaut, Vickers flees in life-pod.
4. Someone (who?) flees in life-boat.
5. Juggernaut crashes.
6. Shaw goes back to life-boat, Jockey goes after her.

etc.

So who launched the life-boat? What happens to it?

[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed