Let's be real guys...

Started by Yautja 1994, May 22, 2012, 03:00:45 AM

Author
Let's be real guys... (Read 6,972 times)

Yautja 1994

Yautja 1994

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 22, 2012, 03:55:08 PM
How could you possibly know that, given that the game hasn't been released yet? ???

I've been a gamer for years, and I am pretty sure of what does the trailers really differ from the launching game.
You're judging the game according to the trailers.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I'll admit that many do the same, including me, but it's kind of timing-related.

If A:CM was still on track for a November release, then I'd have more confidence in judging what we're gonna get by the latest trailers and interviews.  A few months for a company like GBX, with other big titles in the pipe, isn't a long time.

But after this delay, it's safe to say they could change a hell of a lot.

The only thing I feel justified bitching about is the maddening amount of time that it apparently takes to finish the game.  It makes me nervous and, as was said in the other preview thread, I feel it could go either way.

I just wish they were still on track for November.  It really was a kick in the nuts, even if people want to attack people for complaining about it.  It would be with any game that's had such a history.  It's a beloved franchise and product.

Edit - Let me add this.  I also feel that people have the right to bitch over things we've already seen.  Just because they can change them doesn't mean they will.  The melee scenes, for example.  I know that they could change, but I have a strong feeling that they won't.  They've already made that decision and gone through the effort to program it into the game.  We can see it in videos, read about it in interviews, and it's pretty much going to happen.

So when the game releases with loads of DUMBASS ways to fight xenos off of your character with punches and melee strikes from your weapon, just like the AvP 2010 disaster, all of the bitching will have been justified.  That's a critical game element that, if you notice, none of the successful AvP games incorporated in any way.  It's just a fail idea meant to make the game easier, period.  It isn't realistic, and it isn't fun, and when it comes to multiplayer, it creates a ridiculous situation that pisses players off.

The odds are heavily in favor of this actually happening.  The only thing that could change it at this point would seem to be a long, loud outcry from fans.

Predaker

Predaker

I would hope more people are open to meaningful and constructive discourse. Sometimes the haters only have destructive messages. Thanks for that thoughtful post. I agree with the melee mechanics being out of place. I really hope the xenos will not be immune to follow through an entire kill sequence.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Me too.  No problem, I try and be thoughtful.  I really, really want the game to succeed.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Yautja 1994 on May 22, 2012, 04:13:18 PM
How could you possibly know that, given that the game hasn't been released yet? ???

I've been a gamer for years, and I am pretty sure of what does the trailers really differ from the launching game.
Yeah and so have I, and you're doing literally the exact same thing. Maybe we should save the judgments for the actual game?

Yautja 1994

Yautja 1994

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 22, 2012, 05:26:59 PM
Quote from: Yautja 1994 on May 22, 2012, 04:13:18 PM

Yeah and so have I, and you're doing literally the exact same thing. Maybe we should save the judgments for the actual game?

I'm judging the game not mainly because of its trailers, but because that the delay "pretext" is that SEGA doesn't wanna compete with Black Ops 2 and Halo 4.

The game is finished. I highly doubt they will add something to a game that is finished but delayed to its overral sales can't be hurted.

MR EL1M1NATOR

MR EL1M1NATOR

I doubt there will be much different from what we have seen as well. Gearbox will be looking to complete this game as quickly as possible so as to avoid any more delays.

I imagine they are working on getting multiplayer to be as fun and smooth as possible now. It seemed more of a last minute thing that they threw in, and the response was pretty negative to what people saw.

Yautja 1994

Yautja 1994

Quote from: MR EL1M1NATOR on May 22, 2012, 06:21:43 PM
I doubt there will be much different from what we have seen as well. Gearbox will be looking to complete this game as quickly as possible so as to avoid any more delays.

I imagine they are working on getting multiplayer to be as fun and smooth as possible now. It seemed more of a last minute thing that they threw in, and the response was pretty negative to what people saw.

They will not change the game that much, guys, please, DON'T FOOL YOURSELVES!!!

MR EL1M1NATOR

MR EL1M1NATOR

Quote from: Yautja 1994 on May 22, 2012, 06:27:54 PM

I was agreeing with you.

Yautja 1994

Yautja 1994

Quote from: MR EL1M1NATOR on May 22, 2012, 06:28:32 PM
Quote from: Yautja 1994 on May 22, 2012, 06:27:54 PM

I was agreeing with you.

Yes in part. However, its illogical that most of the community is believing that this delay is to "upgrade and pulish" the game.

Trust me, If you have highly expectations about this game, you will be HIGHLY DISSAPOINTED.

Anyone remembers AvP 2010???

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I remember AvP2010, and I remember liking it a lot.

Yautja 1994

Yautja 1994

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 22, 2012, 06:32:11 PM
I remember AvP2010, and I remember liking it a lot.

You seem to be a cool guy, my dear Xenomrph, buy I have a word for you:

FANBOY!!!!!!!!!

WinterActual

WinterActual

What do you mean with saying he is a fanboy? He just likes the game, he it not saying its the best game ever or something. I like AvP 2010 Infestation mode very much, its great fun but I see how bad mechanics are involved in this game. You are not fanboy for just having fun in a bad game and partially enjoy it <.<

Yautja 1994

Yautja 1994

Quote from: Voodoo Actual on May 22, 2012, 06:45:41 PM
You are not fanboy for just having fun in a bad game and partially enjoy it <.<

His quote was involving, IMO, a great love for the game.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

So?

Just because I like the game doesn't mean my opinion is wrong or doesn't matter. It's not like it was an objectively bad game. It was liked by most people, according to Amazon.com, metacritic, and IMDb.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed