Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer

Started by gigantitan, May 21, 2012, 01:13:20 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer (Read 68,448 times)

Predaker

They have not literally been working on this game for 7 years, lol... the first press release was in 08 and they had not begun production yet at that time even. Unfortunately they announced this game way too early. The actual devlopment time is the same as it was for borderlands and brother in arms.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on May 21, 2012, 05:06:21 PM
Take a look at Duke Nukem Forever. They work on the game since 1997 and the game end up being a huge failure.

Gearbox did not work on that for 13 years, they came in at the last minute and finished it.

Darkness

Quote from: Predaker on May 21, 2012, 05:18:05 PM
They have not literally been working on this game for 7 years, lol... the first press release was in 08 and they had not begun production yet at that time even. Unfortunately they announced this game way too early. The actual devlopment time is the same as it was for borderlands and brother in arms.

They announced it in December 2006, actually. Though I think GB said they didn't start working on the game until the following year.

RagingDragon

G'damnit. :-\  What a kick in the nuts.

I've got mixed feelings about changing the winter release.  I think it's already been shown that A:CM has a ton of hype, fan community aside.  To throw something random out there, a lot of us have been playing more AvP 2010 lately, and the number of players on that game has gone up quite a bit, perhaps due to Prometheus.

I think you have to compare the benefits of each release, Prometheus on DVD/Blu-Ray being a boost while other holiday games being released presenting a challenge, while the Feb. release avoids this competition, but could lose out on the Prometheus hype that could make a difference during the holiday shopping season.

I'm on the fence, but if the delay results in a better product, of course it's worth the (painful) wait.

I think these delays would be easier if we had a rock-solid company like Valve behind the wheel.  GBX just seems shaky, despite their recent successes.  They don't have the consistency or the high quality to pull off things like this, especially after Duke Nukem, my god.  And SEGA?  Just freaking forget about it.

Even in that article, they boast about AvP being a top-seller, and ignore that the multiplayer sucked so hard it died very soon after release and then support was completely dropped.  That's a f**king failure, not a success as your initial sales would suggest, assholes.  Everyone knows a lot of those initial sales were just from the nature of the product itself and the legions of fans it already has, rather than a reflection on the quality of the actual game, which was shoddy.

The longevity and reception of the game are the true indicators, both of which were poor.

f**king SEGA.  Makes my skin crawl.

Predaker

Quote from: Darkness on May 21, 2012, 05:23:20 PM

They announced it in December 2006, actually. Though I think GB said they didn't start working on the game until the following year.
Ah ok Gotcha thanks. Got my dates mixed up. Probably from all this waiting... lol

OpenMaw

Quote from: szkoki on May 21, 2012, 02:12:05 PM
Quote from: metalos on May 21, 2012, 02:08:51 PM
Well, i'm a big fan as you, but the truth is that, this graphics is poor, and a damage models are too, and the acid effect is not so good.
In coop, when a Xeno jump onto a marine and the others are shooting the Xeno, that's a poor animation, and some sound effect is strange too. I hope the Gearbox will work on the game a lot of, because this will not enough in 2013.

4 thing is important for a great game:
- a great story
- great voiceactors
- great soundtrack
- minimize the bugs

anything else wont matter so much, graphics for example, thats why i still play with games from the 90's

Gameplay. The game needs good gameplay and that should be at the top of the list. I can forgive shoddy voice acting (Resident Evil), I can forgive a few glitches (The original Planet Side, etc). Solid gameplay, is absolutely nessascary.

WinterActual

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 21, 2012, 05:23:42 PM

Even in that article, they boast about AvP being a top-seller, and ignore that the multiplayer sucked so hard it died very soon after release and then support was completely dropped. 
Can you imagine the same thing to happen to ACM too ?

RagingDragon

Lol I thought the new AvP was the end, despite the good things about the game.

That shit would be the end of the end. :laugh:

Gosutoraida

In conclusion, the trailer is pretty decent. The graphics are nice and gameplay looks pretty solid. Again, we have faced yet another delay. How many times has this game been delayed already? Pretty sure it was Summer 2011, March 2012, Fall 2012 and now it's Feb 2013. Ughhh, at least they're patching up some bugs and a few tweaks here and there. Delaying was the right move though. Winter is the prime time for big games, especially this year; Halo 4, Borderlands 2 and Black Ops 2. A good move, but pissed a lot of people off.

Predaker

Yea funny of Sega to boast about a proven track record with AvP. A track record of lining their pockets while disappointing the fans.

scm

Quote from: Voodoo Actual on May 21, 2012, 05:42:29 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon on May 21, 2012, 05:23:42 PM

Even in that article, they boast about AvP being a top-seller, and ignore that the multiplayer sucked so hard it died very soon after release and then support was completely dropped. 
Can you imagine the same thing to happen to ACM too ?
Yes

RagingDragon

Exactly.  That statement was kind of ridiculous, and shows just how bottom-line their train of thought is.  ($$$)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I wonder if Sega wants to avoid big title games like Halo 4 and Resident Evil 6 which could be they move it to early 2013?

WinterActual

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on May 21, 2012, 05:48:31 PM
gameplay looks pretty solid.
99% of the "gameplay" was part of scripted scenarios <.<

newbeing

Quote from: Predaker on May 21, 2012, 05:28:42 PM
Quote from: Darkness on May 21, 2012, 05:23:20 PM

Ah ok Gotcha thanks. Got my dates mixed up. Probably from all this waiting... lol

Actually in 2006 Sega only announced they signed a deal with Gearbox to work on an Aliens game. It wasn't until 2008 that Aliens: Colonial Marines was officially revealed. As stated a bunch of times they revealed the prototype of the game much too early and due to whatever circumstances didn't start full fledged development until a year and a half ago.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed