An inconsistancy in the continuity of plot ive noticed

Started by MrLee, May 11, 2012, 10:56:44 AM

Author
An inconsistancy in the continuity of plot ive noticed (Read 24,784 times)

Qwertify

When you make some OJ and you squeeze out all the pulp and juice from it so that only the skin is left; well the juice is the first three aliens, and skin is the last two.

Glaive

Quote from: MrLee on May 12, 2012, 01:08:27 PM
Wow. I start a simple thread and come back to WW3.

Let me state where im at, and what i think.

Im not saying i want Prometheus referencing predators and all of AVP. Like i said, i dont like those films, i enjoyed them as a kid, but as i got older i saw how f**king corny they were.  All im saying is, whats done is done. I dont like films f**king around with what has came before them too much, i just find it annoying.

Its like for example. (im not compared RE in anyway shape or form to alien saga) In Resident Evil the movie, Michelle Rodriguez gets a bullet to the brain.  We are quite a number of horrendous sequels in... suddenly Michelle Rodriguez is back! I just find it tacky when shit like that happens. Its like, "lets forget what we did in the first place, it doesnt have to make sense so long as i get to make my film". I dont think AVPs main plot point of Predators using Aliens messes anything up. Space Jockeys could have still created the Alien.  I just hope he doesnt mess with the actual Alien films backstories either, making something irrelevant cause ill have to jump ship on the film, personally.

And reading through the comments someone said this ship is NOT the ship we see in Alien and Aliens? If so that is bullshit, and im feeling pretty f**king cheated out of my alien prequel promised in the Blu-ray boxset by Ridley himself. I accepted it wont have Aliens in, its a bitter taste but i could take that so long as it was setting up the ship and backstory for the Alien universe. If not im gonna have a hard time accepting this film as part of the Alien franchise.  Ive purposefully stayed out of the loop on this film till recently.

Ive been on this forum for a very very long time, i was on the original forum before the website closed down. Everytime an AVP film was announced, and when Predators was announced i followed those films daily, checking this website on new information, trailers, clips, photos. Everytime i got hyped up and let down by each film. Predators wasnt so bad, its grown on me but still not as good as it could have been. So i made a point of not repeating that with this film, however the fact its supposedly attached to Alien is hype enough for me and reading the odd thing where Ridleys gone back on his word really pisses me off, i just feel like hes using the alien relation to sell it easier.

For a poster on a forum on an 'AvP' messageboard, your belief in your own self-entitlement is BEYOND bizarre.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: mastermoon on May 12, 2012, 02:44:19 PM
Ridley Scott intended to connect Prometheus to Alien, he hates those AVP movies.

In the end Prometheus is not connected to AVP.
This is the fifteenth post you wrote with that subject. And I am not even using a hyperbole.

mastermoon

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 12, 2012, 03:17:00 PM
Ridley Scott intended to connect Prometheus to Alien, he hates those AVP movies.

This is the fifteenth post you wrote with that subject. And I am not even using a hyperbole.

I'm rubbing it in, because how can anyone think Prometheus and AVP are connected?.

Remonster

Quote from: mastermoon on May 12, 2012, 03:21:51 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 12, 2012, 03:17:00 PM

I'm rubbing it in, because how can anyone think Prometheus and AVP are connected?.

Because of space and stuff. You know, aliens and whatnot.

Master

I love when people knows better what someone (diretcor, write etc.) think, then the person they`re talking about (No I`m not talking about you Xenomorphine).

Predaker

No one here is speaking for Scott obviously, we are merely posting our opinions and beliefs based on direct quotes from him.

SpeedyMaxx

I've seen a couple butthurt posts online about how Ridley is somehow using a "bait and switch" on Alien fans - "it's not a real prequel!  It's not the same ship!  He played with our hearts!"  Who cares?  Did you really, really want a part-and-parcel, extremely exacting prequel just like that shitty Thing prequel, with more aliens, showing exactly how everything happened, as nothing more than a nice little garden addition to Alien?  I would've found that incredibly boring and rote - just as I found the new Thing film.

I'd much rather see the franchise strike off in new directions - not more of the same, not just another runaround with the same monster, not some tired little yarn that is merely "this is how the ship arrived on LV-426."  We have four movies plus AVP to do that.  I don't know what people expected, but just, no.

Qwertify

I once heard Ridley say,

"I really like what they did with the Aliens vs. Predator Franchise. The film making was great, the ideas weren't redundant at all, and I don't feel like any of my original ideas were exploited by CGI and cheap actions thrills."

Kev Loaf

Quote from: Qwertify on May 12, 2012, 04:55:27 PM
I once heard Ridley say,

"I really like what they did with the Aliens vs. Predator Franchise. The film making was great, the ideas weren't redundant at all, and I don't feel like any of my original ideas were exploited by CGI and cheap actions thrills."

you forgot the "....Nah, I'm just f**king with ya" part

EEV-2501

I once heard Ridley say,

Ridley Scott on AvP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TQLRMIGA2I#

mastermoon

Wow this topic is transforming in to this AVP vs Prometheus.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42333.0

Now this debate happens again.

Qwertify

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 12, 2012, 05:16:48 PM
I once heard Ridley say,

you forgot the "....Nah, I'm just f**king with ya" part

can I add just a  :P or a  ;)  ??

MrLee

Quote from: Glaive on May 12, 2012, 02:53:47 PM

For a poster on a forum on an 'AvP' messageboard, your belief in your own self-entitlement is BEYOND bizarre.

Not really. I have been posting here a long time and i was discussing the disappointments that i personally felt with past additions to the franchise which im sure alot of the oldschool posters here can relate to.  I forgot how crazy everyone gets in the main sections of this forum, i think ill stick to general movies, games and music in the future.

Predaker

Quote from: MrLee on May 12, 2012, 10:51:56 PM
Quote from: Glaive on May 12, 2012, 02:53:47 PM

Not really. I have been posting here a long time and i was discussing the disappointments that i personally felt with past additions to the franchise which im sure alot of the oldschool posters here can relate to.  I forgot how crazy everyone gets in the main sections of this forum, i think ill stick to general movies, games and music in the future.
You are truly disappointed with Prometheus because it might not be a direct tie-in to the original ALIEN movie?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed