Watch it one day early with me?

Started by Xenoscream, May 07, 2012, 07:22:57 PM

Author
Watch it one day early with me? (Read 3,902 times)

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Please don't post spoilers, I haven't watched anything apart from the first and second trailer (which I thought gave away too much)

Well I'm a crazy s.o.b.

I've mentioned before I'm off traveling on the 31st of May, I live in London and I'm going on a round the world trip starting in Peru... problem is I'm a massive Alien fan and I NEED to see Prometheus, the thought of missing it by a GODDAMN DAY is driving me a bit insane... but I have a solution.

I tried to get premier tickets without success... but there is a way to see it on the 30th of May... getting the eurostar to Brussels!

Yep I'm slightly mad, but here's the thing, I checked tickets just now, and it costs 69 pounds there and back on the 30th, getting there at 11am and leaving at 7pm, it takes 2hours on the train. I'm thinking I'm going to do it, otherwise I don't know when I will see it.

Anyone crazy enough to join me?

Tom

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xenoscream on May 07, 2012, 07:22:57 PM
**anyone with a spoilerly sig please dont reply because I say one with what I can only guess was the proto facehugger and that upset me (in another part of the forum)

If you go to your profile and click "Look and Layout", you have the option to turn off avatars and signatures, so that you won't see anything :)

Infected

Infected

Brussel (Belgium) is an hour drive from my place.  ;D

Just checked its here 31th of May so 5 min walk to the cinema :D

Xenoscream

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 07, 2012, 07:30:27 PM
**anyone with a spoilerly sig please dont reply because I say one with what I can only guess was the proto facehugger and that upset me (in another part of the forum)

If you go to your profile and click "Look and Layout", you have the option to turn off avatars and signatures, so that you won't see anything :)

Hey Thanks I changed my settings :-)

Quote from: Infected on May 07, 2012, 08:00:41 PM

Up for driving one hour to see it? Where are you based Antwerp?

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Xenoscream on May 07, 2012, 09:59:28 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 07, 2012, 07:30:27 PM

Hey Thanks I changed my settings :-)

Quote from: Infected on May 07, 2012, 08:00:41 PM

Up for driving one hour to see it? Where are you based Antwerp?
No Holland,
ehh im not sure yet.
Maybe i take my girlfriend and we go to see it in Rotterdam.

LarsVader

LarsVader

I am from western Germany,
do any of you happen to know of a decent cinema in Holland/Netherlands, that is not too far from the german border?

Infected

Infected

Quote from: LarsVader on May 08, 2012, 02:01:15 PM
do any of you happen to know of a decent cinema in Holland/Netherlands, that is not too far from the german border?
Where in Germany?

Xenoscream

Hey Guys,

So I've had another look at the eurostar and seen that there are two more options, going to Lille in France, which is then only 1h30mins each way and the same price (seems like the best option) and Calais, which is only 1 hour, but only a couple of train options which mean that it's not really any good for me.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Xenoscream on May 08, 2012, 07:09:11 PM
Hey Guys,

So I've had another look at the eurostar and seen that there are two more options, going to Lille in France, which is then only 1h30mins each way and the same price (seems like the best option) and Calais, which is only 1 hour, but only a couple of train options which mean that it's not really any good for me.
Would go for Calais,
only an hour.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: Infected on May 08, 2012, 05:55:13 PM
Where in Germany?
NRW

Infected

Infected

Quote from: LarsVader on May 09, 2012, 12:30:57 PM
Where in Germany?
NRW
Hmm i looked at the map and Venlo is nearby,
Eindhoven is a nice city and will probably have it 31th of may.
Those citys are large so it will play there.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: Infected on May 09, 2012, 07:20:12 PM
Quote from: LarsVader on May 09, 2012, 12:30:57 PM
Where in Germany?
NRW
Hmm i looked at the map and Venlo is nearby,
Eindhoven is a nice city and will probably have it 31th of may.
Those citys are large so it will play there.
Thanks, I'll look into that.
I guess I'll ask around again in a few days.
There must be other poooooor germans on here that will not wait till the 9th august.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Quote from: Infected on May 08, 2012, 08:16:28 PM
Hey Guys,

Would go for Calais,
only an hour.

Cool... I've had a good look at Calais option and I think it might be hard to find a cinema showing it in English (as it seems like they don't with most movies) and in addition the trains are very limited there are two options:

06:50 outbound and 21:00 back
or 12:57 outbound and 21:00 back - this one is a bit more expensive

All journeys just 1 hour.

Compared with Lille where you could do:

08:04 outbound 18:34 in bound for the same price as the 2nd one for calais, only 20 mins longer on the train each way & definately better cinema options...

Hm

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Xenoscream on May 10, 2012, 03:25:40 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 08, 2012, 08:16:28 PM
Hey Guys,

Would go for Calais,
only an hour.

Cool... I've had a good look at Calais option and I think it might be hard to find a cinema showing it in English (as it seems like they don't with most movies) and in addition the trains are very limited there are two options:

06:50 outbound and 21:00 back
or 12:57 outbound and 21:00 back - this one is a bit more expensive

All journeys just 1 hour.

Compared with Lille where you could do:

08:04 outbound 18:34 in bound for the same price as the 2nd one for calais, only 20 mins longer on the train each way & definately better cinema options...

Hm
You have to be sure that they play it in English,in Paris they showt in English in one room and in the other the French sync.
Dont know about these smaller places.
Lille looks the better option.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Hey,

I've gone ahead and booked my eurostar ticket to Lille, going at around 8am arriving 10:20 local time, there is a big cinema which shows English versions of the films 15 mins walk from the eurostar terminal.

From what I can gather they have a showing for each movie around 11am, and another around 1:30pm, so I'm going to try and do the 11am one (even if it's 10:40 which seems the be the earliest I'm guess 20 mins of adverts at least)

My return train is at 17:34 getting into London at 18:12.

A bit of a mission, but I've just been looking forward to it for too long to miss it. The day after that I fly to Peru at 07:05 from Heathrow to start 6 months of travelling. How hardcore is that?!

So if anyone else is brave enough just let me know, otherwise I'll enjoy a book on the way there and a nap on the way back :-)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed