The Jockey is a cheat!

Started by Xenorgue, Apr 28, 2012, 08:11:51 AM

Author
The Jockey is a cheat! (Read 18,303 times)

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Quote from: Ruzena on May 01, 2012, 03:17:17 PM
Youre so wrong, Gutalin is more Giger than Gutalin if you understand what I mean, just like 90% of MF 3d artists that are just Gigers copycats.

This is jsut beyond the line of my patience, no artist, whatever he can be good at technical stuff {I mean practical use of art} can ever achieve true art of Giger jsut because he sucks the original like leech and adjusts it. Call it fake giger, but never call that Gutalin art again please lol.

::)

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 03:48:44 PMThis situation is the result of the ego war between MAX and GIGER that led to GIGER not working fully on the movie.

Just shut up please, you'll avoid to make an ass of yourself
Even Valaquen got that info verified and backed it up.
A mod known to be a lier or provider of false information...
(IRONY ON just in case you re an idiot who did not get it)
I'm sure he will apreciate the way you regard his word.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42912.msg1331197#msg1331197

Again this is really funny how i spotted the difference in style wich was clearly not Giger month ago and was welcomed by "NO YOU RE WRONG THIS IS GIGERS WORK!" and now some act like they did see the difference LOL pitiful sobs...
When you know shit to concept art or production politics you better just shut up.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 07:22:57 PM

Yeah, because telling people to shut up because they take an opposing point of view is very mature.  :)

I assume you mean a mod that is known to not lie or provide false information.

I never called anyone a liar.

I simply trust the word of Ridley Scott over rumors about artistic tiffs behind the scenes.

Predaker

Predaker

The jockey will cheat me out of $30 if this movie doesn't deliver.

NGR01

NGR01

Movie tickets are that expensive in the US?

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 08:25:02 PM
To see it in IMAX 3D yes, something close to that. Movies on the regular screens are less.

SM

SM

QuoteOr the Jockeys have varying sizes, just like humans.

Or the chair in this one is much more comfy.

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Predaker on May 01, 2012, 08:45:44 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 08:25:02 PM
To see it in IMAX 3D yes, something close to that. Movies on the regular screens are less.

We do pay extra for 3D imax too but not that much.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

It's like 14 dollars and are people still arguing about this inconsequential shit? Jesus.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: NGR01 on May 01, 2012, 03:48:44 PMThis situation is the result of the ego war between MAX and GIGER that led to GIGER not working fully on the movie.

Again this is really funny how i spotted the difference in style wich was clearly not Giger month ago and was welcomed by "NO YOU RE WRONG THIS IS GIGERS WORK!" and now some act like they did see the difference LOL pitiful sobs...
When you know shit to concept art or production politics you better just shut up.

you behave like engineer01...

NGR01

NGR01

Why are you stiring stuff that has been already sorted out ???????
Looking to provoke trouble just for the fun of it?
That is sorted please refrain from adding your touch into it.
Thanks

Anunnaki

Anunnaki

Heed your own advice, mate.

josh_axey

josh_axey

Woaaah, what happened up in those last few posts. I think everyone needs to calm down.

On the topic of Gutalin, where did this confirmation come from? I'm very interested about that.

It's a bit off topic, so I have added a spolier tag:
Spoiler
I love Giger's art - his illogical surrealism is just outstanding to me. Because this is a style I admire, I also like the many similar artists out there, like Gutalin.

I think considering how art evolves, that it is still unfair to call anyone a "copy cat" of anothers art (so long as they aren't copying the pieces), because had someone not copied someone else with their twist we would all be looking at the same rock scratched, ochre paintings in caves.

If it were not for the influence of, say, Ernst Fuchs - Giger would be without a particular influence (which you will see looking at some of Ernsts work).

So on and so forth... if we take off our rage hats for a second - any trained artist will be able to sympathise with this viewpoint, I hope. Art lends itself from others art as much as it does any external influence like nature.
[close]

RustiSwordz

RustiSwordz

Although I am not a professional artist. I have been profesionally trained. My own sketches ( Im mainly a sketch artist)people have compared the organic femenine nature of my drawings to that of Giger. Now i never went out of my way to copy the man I just drew what was good for me. I was chuffed people saw Gigeresque influence in some of my drawings. My SJ sig is one.

As an artist, Gulatin's work i feel is inspired by Giger. However his design work is suffitiently different enough to be the mans own work. Its excelent stuff. My 2 pennys.

Ruzena

Ruzena

Quote from: RustiSwordz on May 02, 2012, 11:36:49 PM
Although I am not a professional artist. I have been profesionally trained. My own sketches ( Im mainly a sketch artist)people have compared the organic femenine nature of my drawings to that of Giger. Now i never went out of my way to copy the man I just drew what was good for me. I was chuffed people saw Gigeresque influence in some of my drawings. My SJ sig is one.

As an artist, Gulatin's work i feel is inspired by Giger. However his design work is suffitiently different enough to be the mans own work. Its excelent stuff. My 2 pennys.

One thing is to draw stuff at home and being influenced by giger {approximately 90% of all people who can get their hand on pencil} and the other is to be creative { the rest 10% who don't give a f**k ;]}  Style of drawing is other thing that you need to be working on for whole life.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but drawing things you see doesn't necessary make you artist. You are maybe craftsman of some quality, but art is defined by something other than repeating endless story.

This Gutalin is Craftsman, he did not put anything new to the concepts, he altered existing stuff. If you see his homepage you can clearly see that if he did not stumble upon Giger, he would hardly have somethng to present his own art. Its all just copy. You don,t even see slightest glimpse of originality there. This Giger influence on everyone is fascinating. And in the end they take it all warp it to their needs and call it their art ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed