International Prometheus Launch Trailer

Started by Valaquen, Apr 27, 2012, 01:05:31 AM

Author
International Prometheus Launch Trailer (Read 154,146 times)

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 29, 2012, 09:17:28 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2012, 09:12:42 PM
I can't even articulate how f**king amazing this movie is looking.

This shot freaks me the f**k out of me.

Glad to see there'll be some red shirts in the movie, look like deck crewmen. Preeetty sure they're about to be horrifically slaughtered.

Has to be Fifield before he goes apeshit in the cargo bay? Judging from the scorch marks ... he's already felt some of that heat? God ... Sweeper ... we must have this NOW!
YUP.

My thoughts were that Vickers torched the shit out of him as soon as he started getting a little... rowdy, and then they got the main crew into the ship, tellin' them deck crewmen to clean up the mess... leading to the impeding shitstorm we have here.

Biiig massacre in the cargo bay and they get some of the main crew to go down and, er, attempt to control the situation.

Basically: GIMME THE MOVIE.

SpeedyMaxx

IDK, it's still quite freaky to me.  On trailers alone - which really aren't the movie - it's already better than Alien 3, which has never really improved with time for me. (And Memories of Murder is a better movie than Zodiac, but that's another story)

Cvalda

Quote from: Gash on Apr 29, 2012, 09:27:28 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 09:18:55 PM

With this last trailer sort of confirming it for me, I expect this film to be almost completely unlike ALIEN and more like a 50's/60's sci-fi/horror with an inflated budget.

Pretty much like  A   L   I   E   N   then.
Let me clarify: by 50's/60's sci-fi horror, I mean bright, contrasting primary colors, wooden performances, some unintentional camp, and ponderous dialogue.

Rick Grimes

*leaves thread because no one likes my theory*

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 09:30:30 PM

With this last trailer sort of confirming it for me, I expect this film to be almost completely unlike ALIEN and more like a 50's/60's sci-fi/horror with an inflated budget.

Let me clarify: by 50's/60's sci-fi horror, I mean bright, contrasting primary colors, wooden performances, some unintentional camp, and ponderous dialogue.
Not to mention that, for what's been suggested so far, Prometheus has a polar opposite way of thinking than that of Alien. :P

SpeedyMaxx

I don't see why bright colors automatically = retro camp wooden horror movie.

That's a lot to assume from a line or two from the trailer, and frankly, the original films are full of similar leading lines, most of which either invented themselves or worked in their context.  I also don't think anyone's wooden or campy so far, but that's because I don't see anything wrong with Logan Marshall-Green's performance.  He's playing a gung-ho, somewhat foolish daredevil scientist.  Mission accomplished.

e.nygma

Quote from: Eva on Apr 29, 2012, 09:29:32 PM
Quote from: e.nygma on Apr 29, 2012, 09:24:26 PM
Quote from: Eva on Apr 29, 2012, 09:20:50 PM
I wonder if the fight among crewmembers we've seen taking place in the hangar bay, happens right after they arrive back with a wounded/infected Fifield. Vickers (with the flamethrower) won't allow him to come onboard and all Hell breaks loose and he goes on a rampage.

I'm thinking Milburn is the one with the total helmet melting, giving him an early and horrible exit from the film
Millburn gets the full acid melt and fifield only a partial. SO, fifield would be the first scene(alson present in the very first teaser) and millburn the second. or are they the same shots??? I dont see galsess in any one of them.. ???

Look at Cvaldas screengrabs - the guy whose helmet melts on his face wears glasses (you can make out the rim). I don't believe Milburn makes it back alive - he's toast. Perhaps they bring his body or they leave his remains behind so they can hurry back with the alive victims.

Holloway doesn't look like he's in great shape either. Isn't he the one being supported by Shaw and Ford, screaming in agony, but looking sort of ok... (meaing his face hasn't melted or anything...yet)?
jup, that seems logical, but i cant make out the rim. i am probably not looking at the same thing as you are....

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 09:30:30 PM

Are you basing 'wooden performances' on your opinion of Logan Marshall-Green alone or...?

ThisBethesdaSea

Well SHIT. That was a mind fukc. I have to watch it again and again, and again!

Cvalda

Will say that I am quite liking the cobraxeno (or whatever we're going to call it), even if it isn't in the league of a Giger design. Looks very sinister and threatening. Which begs the question of why Milburn is such a stupid idiot that he goes to touch it. :P

RoaryUK

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Apr 29, 2012, 09:29:47 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 29, 2012, 09:22:20 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Apr 29, 2012, 09:19:48 PM
We've seen them before, though.  They've been wielding flamethrowers since the teaser trailer and look like a heavier version of a suit for more industrial work.

Has there been any talk of the actual size of the Prometheus crew in total? Seems like there's about 20 people on board.

Well, it's not mentioned in any of the ships viral blueprints.  Looks like there is Vickers, Shaw, Holloway, David, pilots Chance and Ravel, cap. Janek, Milburn, Fifield, Ford, 2+ "mercs" and their "cargo," and that's all I can think of.

I wouldn't be suprised if it turns out Weyland is onboard too, I mean this whole thing revolves around him anyway, there's little doubt Vickers has some kind of agenda. 

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: RoaryUK on Apr 29, 2012, 09:37:44 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Apr 29, 2012, 09:29:47 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 29, 2012, 09:22:20 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Apr 29, 2012, 09:19:48 PM
We've seen them before, though.  They've been wielding flamethrowers since the teaser trailer and look like a heavier version of a suit for more industrial work.

Has there been any talk of the actual size of the Prometheus crew in total? Seems like there's about 20 people on board.

Well, it's not mentioned in any of the ships viral blueprints.  Looks like there is Vickers, Shaw, Holloway, David, pilots Chance and Ravel, cap. Janek, Milburn, Fifield, Ford, 2+ "mercs" and their "cargo," and that's all I can think of.

I wouldn't be suprised if it turns out Weyland is onboard too, I mean this whole thing revolves around him anyway, there's little doubt Vickers has some kind of agenda. 

That's what I meant by the merc's "cargo."

OpenMaw

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2012, 09:12:42 PM

This shot freaks me the f**k out of me.

This shot does remind me of a very Alien moment.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 09:37:25 PM
Which begs the question of why Milburn is such a stupid idiot that he goes to touch it. :P
Reminds me of a certain guy that sticked his face into a space egg that opened in front of him.

anndrayya

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 29, 2012, 09:31:10 PM
*leaves thread because no one likes my theory*

I like your theory  :)

I just don't think its the right one  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed