International Prometheus Launch Trailer

Started by Valaquen, Apr 27, 2012, 01:05:31 AM

Author
International Prometheus Launch Trailer (Read 154,199 times)

Mastes1

Quote from: anndrayya on Apr 29, 2012, 10:48:17 PM
I don't think its a facehugger. I think the urns/jars hold the prototypes and DNA for earth's creatures. That one being for an actual cobra which "spits" its venom in a similar manner, also why I think this is the shot of what looks like a brown lady bug thing on David's thumb. So if the Space Jockeyes have indeed played a part in Man's creation or terraforming of earth it would make sense. IMO
Do you know how many species there are on Earth?, there would have to literaly millions of urns lol. Also the snake thing being a prototype of a cobra just sounds dumb.

Zenzucht

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 10:40:44 PM
Charlize is one of the best actresses working...when she's doing a dramatic or comedic role. The problem is that she LOOKS like an ice queen, but she doesn't always convince as one, so she is a bit problematic in those kinds of roles. At any rate, she certainly does look spectacular in PROMETHEUS. :)

+1

One does really get the "Ice queen" feeling from her.. But, there's something special about her (and I don't mean the ass), and that speciality makes her unique.

ThisBethesdaSea

And hasn't it been established in one of the latest official blurbs that the crew finds a lone jockey survivor? So the theory of jockey mutation doesn't add up to me. Anything is possible I suppose. :)

SpeedyMaxx

Well, I don't think Shaw is literally raped by Holloway or anything, but it's clear something does violate her in some way, in classic Alien tradition.

Holloway can't be that visibly bad off first time out because as early as the first teaser, we see him in bed with Shaw onboard, presumably in the same sequence where he checks his eye.  But he looks fairly normal there, as opposed to how he looks when we see them returning to Prometheus.  Is that later, or did it 'clear up?'

ThisBethesdaSea

If shaw is already impregnated by the time she has sex with Holloway aboard the ship, then perhaps she impregnates him in a way?

Sigglas

Sigglas

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 10:40:44 PM
Charlize is one of the best actresses working...when she's doing a dramatic or comedic role. The problem is that she LOOKS like an ice queen, but she doesn't always convince as one, so she is a bit problematic in those kinds of roles. At any rate, she certainly does look spectacular in PROMETHEUS. :)

+1

One does really get the "Ice queen" feeling from her.. But, there's something special about her (and I don't mean the ass), and that speciality makes her unique.

I lol'ed at that ass comment :D

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 29, 2012, 10:51:13 PM
Quote from: Vulgotha on Apr 29, 2012, 10:40:34 PM
If Holloway is mutating into a Jockey

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... Whoa. Whoa.

Why is this where everyone jumps? I seriously haven't heard anyone give a rationale for this particular course. Yeah, something jacked up is going on with Fifiled (we can see part of his head is clearly caved in, in the axe shot) but what is going on? No idea...

... But why does everyone jump to "They're turning into jockeys!" ?

I mean, I don't go with the other theory either that it's some kind of a virus fusing their suits and their persons together into some kind of a freak mutant proto alien thing. Kinda freaky idea, but no I don't buy it.

I don't think we've actually seen the final stage of whatever these changes are, and I still am more inclined to believe that they're not mutating, so much as suffering side effects of the creatures being inside of them.

It would be so incredible cheesy if the crew turns into Jockeys/Proto-Xenos. Seriously, I really hope that won't happen.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 29, 2012, 10:57:12 PM
If shaw is already impregnated by the time she has sex with Holloway aboard the ship, then perhaps she impregnates him in a way?

Jockey STDs?

OpenMaw

I somehow doubt she is. I think it's Holloway, and Fifield who start to harbor the alien organism of this movie whist the other guy gets his face melted.

Spoiler

I think after this horrible set of events occurs they return to the ship, deal with Fifield, but whatever got into Holloway is kept secret somehow.

Once Noomi deals with her baby, I think she, Holloway, and some other folks decide to head back to the temple to either reclaim their other comrades, or to try and find some way to deal with whatever is happening to Holloway. On their second return to Prometheus the sh*t really hits the fan and we have Holloway rapidly deteriorating.
[close]

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 29, 2012, 10:55:37 PM
Well, I don't think Shaw is literally raped by Holloway or anything, but it's clear something does violate her in some way, in classic Alien tradition.

Holloway can't be that visibly bad off first time out because as early as the first teaser, we see him in bed with Shaw onboard, presumably in the same sequence where he checks his eye.  But he looks fairly normal there, as opposed to how he looks when we see them returning to Prometheus.  Is that later, or did it 'clear up?'

My guess is one of two things happens.

Spoiler

An "I'm just glad you're okay" post-terrifying-adventure sexcapade. After which Holloway hobbles over to the mirror, having a bit of a headache, and see's strange eye tentacle.

OR...

What starts out as a moment of consensual affection, turns into something a bit nightmarish. (Shaw in that bed shot next to Holloway does not look like she's in good condition, some strange muck on her leg.) I'm thinking something along the lines of "Species" here. It would then follow after Holloway has done whatever to Shaw, he goes over to the mirror, probably confused by his own actions, see's the thing and flips his sh*t.

[close]

RoaryUK

Yeah I had a thought about that too, I mean we've all (including me) been so sure Holloway does something to Shaw, yet it could so easily be her doing something to him without even knowing it

Stagin 26

So there are 2 different kinds of parasites? The black tar and the cobra Facehugger?

anndrayya

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 29, 2012, 10:51:13 PM
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... Whoa. Whoa.

Why is this where everyone jumps? I seriously haven't heard anyone give a rationale for this particular course. Yeah, something jacked up is going on with Fifiled (we can see part of his head is clearly caved in, in the axe shot) but what is going on? No idea...

... But why does everyone jump to "They're turning into jockeys!" ?

I mean, I don't go with the other theory either that it's some kind of a virus fusing their suits and their persons together into some kind of a freak mutant proto alien thing. Kinda freaky idea, but no I don't buy it.

I don't think we've actually seen the final stage of whatever these changes are, and I still am more inclined to believe that they're not mutating, so much as suffering side effects of the creatures being inside of them.
I think people are coming to that conclusion based on the size. However you are absolutely right. I am also not convinced that they transform to jockeys or are infected. Its just not definitive based on the trailer. Although it could be.

I'll probably get flack for saying this but As far as the size of the jockey in ALIEN, ... ugh I have to bring up PREDATOR .. maybe that one is some type of elder or leader hence the extra large size. Since we don't know much about their species its plausible that there are different size jockeys for different things.  Yeah I know it sounds bad but he could have been..... THE JOCKEY KING......  yes I know  ::)   but I'm just saying we don't know

OpenMaw

Thar be four Jockey Holograms, Tharrr.

David, whatchoo be watchin, bro? MM?!  :laugh:

Quote from: Stagin 26 on Apr 29, 2012, 11:08:04 PM
So there are 2 different kinds of parasites? The black tar and the cobra Facehugger?

Eh... I'd bet more money on that stuff being closer to formaldehyde or, water.

Mr. Knight

Mr. Knight

I think it has become pretty apparent that this is some sort of biological weapons facility/laboratory and that there has been some sort of accident/disaster. Why else would there be videos/holograms of jockies running away from something, why else would there be bodies/suits littered around the grounds, why else would there be dangerous alien life forms wondering free. And why would it be deserted? I suspect that there was sole survivor (probably in stasis) and the crew awaken him, he sees the potential threat of this and attempts to destroy the source of it (human species) rather than allow this technology/weapons to be stolen (which is where Peter Weyland/Weyland industries comes in).

Kev Loaf

No humans will be mutating into jockeys!! they might mutate but not into SJ!!!

Its already been confirmed that the crew encounter a lone survivor (Sj/space kojak)  of some kind of massacare.

mastermoon

Are there anymore Space Jockey holograms?.

Post the picture were the Jockey is a little closer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed