Happy Birthday David (New Prometheus Viral)

Started by shamash, Apr 17, 2012, 09:33:18 AM

Author
Happy Birthday David (New Prometheus Viral) (Read 63,308 times)

RagingDragon

Just fantastic.

The implications of David being one of the first true artificial persons, and what this means with the Prometheus and its' fateful encounter, mmm the metaphysical possibilities are vast.  What is David going to think when things start to go down?  About mankind, or the jockeys, or himself?  About life, creation, what any of it means?

I do agree the "unethical" comment seemed a little ham-fisted, but I also think that even in this version of the near-future, people could be living in an entirely different world.  There may be things that corporations need to do that are unethical, but necessary, similar to giving military orders or having to make decisions that could result the death of others, and these could be more acceptable under the eyes of the public... perhaps with new responsibilities like space-travel and colonization.

Fantastic.  COME ON JUNE, BABAAAY!

Glaive

Quote from: Despicable Dugong on Apr 17, 2012, 03:42:54 PM
"I can carry out directives that my human counterparts might find distressing or unethical."

^Nice bit of foreshadowing there!

...or misdirection...

Anyone else get a slight HAL9000-vibe?

deepelemblues

Quote from: Glaive on Apr 17, 2012, 03:46:20 PM
"I can carry out directives that my human counterparts might find distressing or unethical."

...or misdirection...

Anyone else get a slight HAL9000-vibe?

yes

this video - a thousand times more creepy than the actual trailer.

Despicable Dugong

Open the pod bay doors please David!  ;D

Zenzucht

He will help to all people during the whole film.. only to turn to a bad motherfu*ker in the last few scenes, causing total mayhem. Why not.

goneja

goneja

What I find strange is the reference in the advertisements to David as being a "Robot" rather than a "Synthetic" or "Android" as described elsewhere in canon. Yes, Parker refers to Ash as a "God damn robot", but still. Figured they'd advertise it as Android.

Also a static appearance across a line of robots seems contradictory to Ridleys' original concept which had a synthetic like Ash who was not exactly a "model" in the sense that the public could recognize him as an android. Realize there is only 30 years time between Prometheus and Alien and it is even stranger.

Despicable Dugong

White lilies are traditionally associated with funereal rites. Interesting to see David8 contemplating and smelling them after he talk about being able to do distressing or unethical things!  ;D

escroto

No one have still noticed what might be a relationship between those quick four images in this video and the shape shifting mural in the jockey's temple?, I think the third image is based on the mural when It shows that alien, and I the first one might resemble a jockey suit. Notice there's also a work before each of these pics

Predaker

The quick images shown to David are from the Rorschach test.

Zenzucht

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 17, 2012, 04:49:19 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test#The_ten_inkblots

I think it is inspired by the test, but the images are different & are some kind of plot thing..

escroto

escroto

Quote from: Zenzucht on Apr 17, 2012, 04:58:14 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 17, 2012, 04:49:19 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test#The_ten_inkblots

I think it is inspired by the test, but the images are different & are some kind of plot thing..
the third one gotta be the alien showed in the mural on the roof, in the jockeys temple, and I think the first one resembles a jockey suit. So what could be the other two?

do you guys remeber the full trailer when someone asks David: "please tell me you can read them". Does this something to do with "that"?

Predaker

The first image is labeled SLIDE | ROR 77

ROR(SHACH)?

I love how when he asks david what does he think about and david gazes away for a moment before looking forward again to answer.

Despicable Dugong

Im more interested in the big design that you see after the close up shot of him tapping the pen. Anyone got a large sized image of it?

Predaker

Quote from: Despicable Dugong on Apr 17, 2012, 05:05:13 PM
Im more interested in the big design that you see after the close up shot of him tapping the pen. Anyone got a large sized image of it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed