The Predator 1:1 Scale Bust

Started by Aeus, Aug 21, 2007, 05:30:35 PM

Author
The Predator 1:1 Scale Bust (Read 4,765 times)

Aeus

Aeus

The Predator 1:1 Scale Bust

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2904

'Starting with the original molds of the Predator, Stan Winston Studio, and Sideshow Collectibles, have once again joined forces to bring an iconic film character to life. Though often imitated, this piece will truly be the first collectible Predator created under Stan Winston's guidance by his studio.

From the infamous dreadlocks, to the razor sharp mandibles, every feature has been carefully posed and finished to bring to the collector the finest dynamic Predator bust ever made.

With the utmost attention to detail, the complicated skin coloration of the Predator was duplicated exactly to finish off, arguably, the most strikingly powerful movie alien ever.'

Truely a wonderfully beautiful item. I wish I had $845.

War Wager

War Wager

Wow...  :o

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: War Wager on Aug 21, 2007, 05:44:13 PM
Wow...  :o

Yup. It's £418.38, I'm going to start saving now.  ;)

Aeus

Aeus

There is this aswell:

The Predator Maquette - Sideshow Exclusive

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=71431FLEX

'He lives for the thrill of the hunt. He is The Predator, a creature from a distant world. He lives to fight, fights to win, and would sooner die than abandon the hunt. He is fearless, merciless and armed to the teeth. Carrying an arsenal of hi-tech weaponry and a suit that provides the perfect camouflage, he stalks his prey, collecting the skulls of victims as trophies and leaving bloody carnage in his wake. Though brutal, he is not without honor. Killing only prey that is armed or capable of self-defense, for the sport is in the challenge, he is on a quest for the greatest challenge and the fiercest game. Whether it is an acid-blooded alien or an elite team of human commandos, the Predator is always up for a knock-down battle to the death.

Sideshow Collectibles, in partnership with Stan Winston Studios, presents the definitive Predator collectible product. The Predator Maquette stands at an imposing two feet in height, including the detailed jungle base. It includes detailed body armor and a fabric net body suit, authentic to the iconic film costume, with leather material accents and impeccable detail, right down to the shoulder cannon and complex skin patterns. Starting with scanned data reduced in size from the 1:1 scale original on display at Stan Winston Studios, senior artists Trevor Hensley and John Rosengrant have meticulously recreated the cinema classic in approximately 1:4 scale with unrivaled authenticity. In their words, "the details surpass the original."This maquette will stand out as the centerpiece of any trophy room on Earth or beyond the stars.'
l
Comes with two detachable heads. One with the Bio mask on, one without. Want this as well, but I want the bust more.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Shame that they don't make a full 1/4 scale Queen Maquette.

I have a custom made one, and I think there is a good market out there willing to buy them.

The problem I had with their Queen bust, was just that it was only a "bust".

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Meathead320 on Aug 21, 2007, 07:25:08 PM
Shame that they don't make a full 1/4 scale Queen Maquette.

I have a custom made one, and I think there is a good market out there willing to buy them.

The problem I had with their Queen bust, was just that it was only a "bust".

Apparently she was too big to ship, because she was around 3 feet tall. Yet they ship a 6 foot 2 inches tall life size Terminator endoskeleton...

Not that bother'd though, I'm going to get the life size Giger's Alien head once i've got my Predator.

Would be great if they made a life size Alien or Predator, although at 8 feet each, I'd imagine the prices would be in the $10,000 bracket. :-\

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Aeus on Aug 21, 2007, 08:10:22 PM

Apparently she was too big to ship, because she was around 3 feet tall. Yet they ship a 6 foot 2 inches tall life size Terminator endoskeleton...

She is 42" actually so three and a hlaf feet, and she is 4 foot long, but the point is the same.

They did however make the Terminator later on, maybe the rules have changed.

We should find a way to get an online petition started so they start making them.

Maybe if they are more expensive they should make less of them, that way they can get away with the price.

I do ok for myself, so money is not the issue.

I aleady have a 1/4 custom Queen Maquette, but I realise others should be able to have them as well, so SS really needs to jump on that.

As far as I know they don't make a lot of 1:1 statues, but I know of a company that does, and even has a 30,000.00 16 foot Queen.

Stan Winston Studios still makes em for science fiction museums, and wealthy collectors.

They just use the old molds and use fiberglass instead of Rubber. This way they can make a life-size, Queen Alien, that is light weight and last virtually forever, and does not rot like rubber does.

At the Premire of AR there was one of these 16 foot Queens, made from the A2 Queen mold.

I think this site also sells a 1:1 Predator http://hollywoodcostumesandparty.com/cgi-bin/store/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=dummy&thispage=page243.htm&ORDER_ID=111414630

War Wager

War Wager

Both those figures are amazing!  :o

Aeus

Aeus

QuoteI think this site also sells a 1:1 Predator http://hollywoodcostumesandparty.com/cgi-bin/store/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=dummy&thispage=page243.htm&ORDER_ID=111414630

It's pretty crap though.  :P

QuoteStan Winston Studios still makes em for science fiction museums, and wealthy collectors.

A famous Rapper (P-Diddy or someone) has an Alien and a Predator 1:1 statue set from Stan Winston Studios dressed up in Rapper gear. It looks awesome. Saw it on MTV cribs.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Aeus on Aug 21, 2007, 10:51:38 PM

It's pretty crap though.  :P

Odd, I have heard that they just commision the Alien and Predator stuff right from Winston Studios.

Hmm, I think the lik goes to the wrong part of the site, just google Alien or Predator prop replica.

http://www.sevenonline.co.uk/acatalog/Really_expensive__really_cool.html  -link may work better, all the stuff is from Winston Studios anyway.

There was a thread here somewhere from a guy who saw one of the 1:1 Pred, and he said it looked good, and also put up some picks.

I am guessing it was purchased through a site like these.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed