New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website

Started by Blacklabel, Mar 17, 2012, 03:58:16 AM

Author
New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website (Read 97,601 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

RoaryUK

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 17, 2012, 05:00:43 AM
Quote from: RoaryUK on Mar 17, 2012, 04:55:58 AM
Sooooo, if Prometheus does indeed crash into the derelict, as many have suspected for some time, does what is indicated  under the red arrow prove this planet Prometheus lands on was populated already, or at the very least has some kind of outpost, which in turn answers the question why we can see a road in the teaser??

As I mentioned above, I think it is either a Prometheus ground vehicle, or a habitation module that has been installed on the surface (after the Prometheus landed).

Fair point, but non of that explains why there's a road in the teaser, while this new trailer shows several more intersections at 1:11... this place has got to be a station of some kind for me!

Cvalda

Am I correct that the music is a "dubstep" remix of the original trailer music--that thing all teh kiddies are into these days? :P It's so awful, haha. Clearly trying to lure in the 25 and under crowd there. The images make up for it though. Noomi looks amazing.

Vickers

This raises so many questions for me but WOW... those visuals!  Ok, CGI... I see what you did there.  I hope a lot of this footage is making the final trailer cut so we can study it in glorious HD.  At this stage it's a little pixellated but still a quality clip which came out of the blue!

I'm still very curious about the space jockey.  Is it safe to assume that tall guy we saw in the teaser trailer is the space jockey in a suit?  I know there's a rib-cage mechanism locking the jockey in place but how much of that space jockey is a suit and how much is real is what I want to know...  I just really want it to be treated right because it was one of the big mysteries in Alien.

The cinematography and overall colour palette is a very strong indication that the look is going to be completely different from Alien but, so far anyway, the links to Alien seem to be plentiful.  Or maybe that's just us projecting again. :p

I keep having to remind myself that Scott and the cast have said that it ties in and has connective tissue but it's also its own story.

I'm just really worried about this mutation element to the story and how far it will go.

I'm rambling.  I'm excited!

whiterabbit

omg that is one huge face hugger... and they even show the Prometheus literally crashing into the derelict. Still I hope that slimy purple snake thing isn't the monster... it reminds me too much of that baby squid from MIBII. :P

Cvalda

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 17, 2012, 05:38:03 AM
I'm still very curious about the space jockey.  Is it safe to assume that tall guy we saw in the teaser trailer is the space jockey in a suit?  I know there's a rib-cage mechanism locking the jockey in place but how much of that space jockey is a suit and how much is real is what I want to know...  I just really want it to be treated right because it was one of the big mysteries in Alien.
Me too. I think the tall guy is indeed the space jockey, or one of them. In the new trailer you can see him about to attack or do something to Kate Dickie's character--he's huge.

I'm just really worried about this mutation element to the story and how far it will go.

I'm rambling.  I'm excited!
Welcome to the club!  ;) ;D

Deuterium

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 17, 2012, 05:34:35 AM
Am I correct that the music is a "dubstep" remix of the original trailer music--that thing all teh kiddies are into these days? :P It's so awful, haha. Clearly trying to lure in the 25 and under crowd there. The images make up for it though. Noomi looks amazing.

Yeah, I hated the score that accompanied this trailer.  Just awful...and very out of place.

Kol

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 17, 2012, 05:38:03 AM

it looks like they are all becoming übermensch.

and in regards to your doubts about treating the jockey right: i hope that little serpent thing isn't the real space jockey.  :o

anyway: if it were possible, i would like to f**k this trailer.

Space Sweeper

a long time ago in a thread far, far away....

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 16, 2011, 09:49:21 PM
The Jockey suit idea was thrown out there, rumored only some years ago... certainly not part of the original intention. Besides that, we already got great Aliens that use a biomechanical suit, designed by Patrick Tatopoulos. I'm sure Ridley can come up with something of his own. ;)

Cvalda

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 17, 2012, 05:44:32 AM
Yeah, I hated the score that accompanied this trailer.  Just awful...and very out of place.
This must be that viral video that one artist was saying they used her music for. Hopefully the actual trailer tomorrow features something more appropriate. AAAAAAAHHHHH, the excitement!

Effectz

You can see a tendril or something coming out of Holloways's eye.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 17, 2012, 05:48:22 AM
Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 17, 2012, 05:44:32 AM
This must be that viral video that one artist was saying they used her music for. Hopefully the actual trailer tomorrow features something more appropriate. AAAAAAAHHHHH, the excitement!

No offence to the artist if it is indeed her music, but I'll echo what a lot of you have been saying - that music is horribly out of place.  It doesn't set a sinister and intense atmosphere.  And I just don't care for that track in general.

But still, new footage! Yay!  ;D

Oh gosh, I can't sleep!  My body is ready for this new trailer.

Effectz

They should of just kept the original Audio Machine score.

Cvalda

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 17, 2012, 05:53:24 AM
I am having the same problem--and I have to wake up super early for WonderCon tomorrow. Time to raid the drug cabinet! :P

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 17, 2012, 05:56:01 AM
Quote from: Vickers on Mar 17, 2012, 05:53:24 AM
I am having the same problem--and I have to wake up super early for WonderCon tomorrow. Time to raid the drug cabinet! :P

I envy you, so so much!  Have a blast. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed