Weyland Industries website updated w/ Corporate Timeline!

Started by Cvalda, Mar 17, 2012, 02:41:35 AM

Author
Weyland Industries website updated w/ Corporate Timeline! (Read 42,259 times)

Michael Harper

WOW! I was born on the exact same day as Peter Weyland - October 1st 1990!

MrSpaceJockey

Skimming over this timeline, I never would have expected Atmospheric processors to be patented and utilized so early (I felt like Burke explaining them to Ripley was a sort of clue that they were fairly recent).  And I guess we can be expecting a couple of David androids coming our way.  No big deal anyway, I guess it takes some getting used to.  :)

bunnyavpg

There's some here who have a certain amount of disbelief regarding the progress that Weyland make in a few dozen years. I think, even more now, that Weyland is the 'Prometheus' analogy, the little tidbits of info such as his mother being a professor of comparitive mythology and the seemingly trivial mention in the timeline;

Weyland Industries opens several new offices across the globe expanding corporate presence to Greece, Antarctica, El Salvador, and South Africa to name a few.

July 21, 2035

Indicate to me that Weyland gains his knowledge from clues left behind by Alien visitors (the saucer people). After finding the first piece (maybe with his mother on a field trip to an ancient Indian Temple) he tracks down further artifacts around the globe and passes that information on it his research teams. I'm not assuming that he finds huge stone slabs with carvings but perhaps something that is hidden in some weird inter-dimensional safe deposit box, he finds out how to access the first one by mistake and then it snowballs from there.

Just a theory...

Ra3D

Ra3D

Possible Answer  on the pass of the site

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 17, 2012, 03:57:29 AM
Oops...they spelled "Acheron" wrong:

QuoteDiscovery of Archeron LV-426
Weyland astronomers discover multiple moons and a ringed planet just outside the Zeta 2 Reticula System, which are possibly able to support life. Weyland expects to travel there within the century

Well at least for my interests they're agreeing that it's not inside the Zeta 2 Reticula System but how valid any of this timeline is supposed to be in relation to the movie is probably still anyone's guess. I suppose they mean the Zeta Reticuli System or even Zeta II Reticuli, but well, do they actually have a clue?

EEV-2501

Space Sweeper

Lite-BriteĀ®, I imagine.

ChrisPachi

QuoteWeyland astronomers discover multiple moons and a ringed planet just outside the Zeta 2 Reticula System, which are possibly able to support life. Weyland expects to travel there within the century.

This is either a throw-away reference or confirmation that Prometheus will take place either on LV-426 or in the same planetary system.

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: RoaryUK on Mar 17, 2012, 04:11:05 AM

This part also bothers me in relation to ALIENS, where we learn from Burke not all cancers have been cured, that Ripley's daughter indeed died of cancer a few years prior in (pressumably) 2177, yet Weyland Industries was able to cure most cancers by 2022, over 150 years before the fact!!  This just doesn't seem right at all.

...if indeed she died of cancer, or perhaps through something else - like an interrogation process?

theiss2003

... or she had one of those very few kinds of cancers that still could not be healed... :(

StrangeShape

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 17, 2012, 03:37:25 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 17, 2012, 03:33:02 AM
So this time line essentially keeps ALIENS and ALIEN3 as cannon...mentioning a prison planet, a power loader, interstellar marines......I'm liking it. I have so many questions!!
:) Indeed! It's definitely an exciting time to be an ALIEN fan!

it sure is. As a massive fan of the first 3 movies pretty much equally, I just love the fact that Prometheus links with Aliens and Alien 3 and treats them as canon

bunnyavpg

Quote from: StrangeShape on Mar 17, 2012, 03:23:20 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 17, 2012, 03:37:25 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 17, 2012, 03:33:02 AM
So this time line essentially keeps ALIENS and ALIEN3 as cannon...mentioning a prison planet, a power loader, interstellar marines......I'm liking it. I have so many questions!!
:) Indeed! It's definitely an exciting time to be an ALIEN fan!

it sure is. As a massive fan of the first 3 movies pretty much equally, I just love the fact that Prometheus links with Aliens and Alien 3 and treats them as canon

I never could quite get why people would think they would not. It's just all the AVP stuff is out of the window,

Valaquen

I transcribed the timeline and threw in a few thoughts, etc: http://alienseries.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/weyland-industries-timeline.html

EEV-2501

Perfect. Thx Valaquen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed