Adele Rousseau

Started by psychonaut25, Feb 14, 2012, 12:42:53 AM

Do you think that she was lesbian or not? I have seen a little crush on Lex...

Lesbian
3 (33.3%)
Straight
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author
Adele Rousseau (Read 5,161 times)

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

I know that everyone here around is hating AvP, but..I'm very curious what do yoou guys think about her character...

Valaquen

Valaquen

[Ridiculous] condom line not a clue?

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 14, 2012, 02:13:18 AM

Lesbians doesn't use a condom? :)

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Feb 14, 2012, 05:37:51 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 14, 2012, 02:13:18 AM

Lesbians doesn't use a condom? :)

Actually they could, i guess it depends.

Well to be fair we couldn't really know her orientation for sure because of the lack of character development, if she was gay then her death was double bad since she was the first one to go, hollywood does that a lot.
The lack of character development for the secondary characters is one of many reasons why the film failed, a few characters were interesting like Max but they ended up dead too quick. Adele was an interesting character though because of the plot, she was stupid, if i had been in that chamber with a gun then i would have shot the facehugger and egg the moment i saw its legs pop out, instead Adele didn't even raise her gun until it was already in the air and so her fate was sealed as it quickly facehugged her and the rest of the team. I never did understand how she awoke first when they were all facehugger at the same time more or less, there would have been only seconds apart from Adele being facehugged to when the rest of the team were. When she woke up, some still had facehuggers on them, it would have made more sense if they were just unconscious and facehugger free, i guess its possible that Thomas and the bald guy had struggles with the parasites for a minute or two before being rendered unconscious. The film screwed up the life-cycle speed by making it too fast to be even possible. Alien and Predator are science fiction and such they are supposed to have science in them and a plausible or possible scenarios with and about the creature. I try to justify the blooper that Verheiden is still conscious while facehugger by simply saying he was cocooned at the time so there was no need to render him unconscious but still the film was a disappointment and messed up the life-cycles, the sequel was worse for that though. Simple rule of making films, have character development or no one will care about them at all and they will just be cannon fodder. while Adele, Thomas, Verheiden and Max weren't complete blank slates, neither did they have any strong character development or traits.

The PredBen

The PredBen

I agree, why did she wake up first? I also found it completely idiotic that she brought a gun with her, and didn't even get the chance to shoot a single facehugger before being facehugged herself. If she uses condoms like she used her gun (and she's heterosexual) I wouldn't be suprised if she got pregnant at some point.

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: The PredBen on Feb 14, 2012, 06:32:06 PM
I agree, why did she wake up first? I also found it completely idiotic that she brought a gun with her, and didn't even get the chance to shoot a single facehugger before being facehugged herself. If she uses condoms like she used her gun (and she's heterosexual) I wouldn't be suprised if she got pregnant at some point.

Pregnant with who?  ???

The PredBen

The PredBen

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Feb 14, 2012, 08:11:27 PM
Quote from: The PredBen on Feb 14, 2012, 06:32:06 PM

Pregnant with who?  ???

Okay. She says she has a gun for the same reason she has a condom, correct? Well since her reaction with the gun was so slow (she didn't try to shoot the facehugger until it already latched onto her face), she probably doesn't bring out the condom until she already had started having sex. Which would (possibly) lead to a pregnancy. I have no idea with who. Again, assuming she's straight.

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

Well no one can be sure for certain because of the lack of character development but she did like Lex more than Thomas who she barely tolerated judging by her expressions, there is more dialogue between Adele and Thomas, he brags about having an orange coat while others have blue ones, Adele then says to him that its to identify his body or something of he fell down a hole. I can't remember what she said exactly, i think she more dialogue with Lex as well.
Yes her reaction was terribly slow and she should have fired her gun while the legs were reaching out of the eggs, although she would have been possibly facehugged regardless if she killed it as there are five people and seven eggs (i think) so if she had killed one facehugger and the others are getting facehugged, then she would still have to deal with two more facehuggers.

Kol

Kol

what about being bi-sexual? i voted for lesbian anyway  :D

predxeno

predxeno

I don't think there's anything in the film that suggests that she's a lesbian.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 14, 2012, 11:13:48 PM
I don't think there's anything in the film that suggests that she's a lesbian.

Even if there is does it really matter? :-\

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: Kol on Feb 14, 2012, 09:01:15 PM
what about being bi-sexual? i voted for lesbian anyway  :D

But she looks to me quite bi-sexual.

SM

SM

Bi-sexuality has a "look"?

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: SM on Feb 16, 2012, 03:59:54 AM
Bi-sexuality has a "look"?

It has nothing to do with physical or visual look...it's about how she behaves. As I have said before she likes Lex , she's not interested in any men around.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Rousseau was so under-developed, it's nearly impossible to know anything about the characters from AVP/R. Max, Weyland, Lex, Verheiden and the Scottish doctor seemed to be the only ones with enough screentime. They are... more interesting than others.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed