NECA Colonial Marines

Started by thespiderman209, Feb 12, 2012, 07:22:11 PM

Author
NECA Colonial Marines (Read 394,223 times)

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: Vark_ on Jan 25, 2014, 10:25:52 AM
And here comes Windrix's review too :).
Guy says he's a big alien fan, but actually he doesn't seem to know much (doesn't recognise the flamethrower, and is pretty sure Windrix appears in the movie  ;D)

EDIT : another one, better actually
The first Windrix review I found a little embarrassing. I feel like he should have had his facts down first. But who am I to judge. :D

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Anyone know who to contact to get replacements from Neca?

I just opened a Hicks/Alien 2 pack and the Alien's leg broke off as soon as I moved it.

I'm asking because I know at least one other person around here had such a problem and got a free replacement from Neca.

Thanks.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That might have been me - I had a Predator with 2 left hands.

I'd contact them on twitter (@Neca_toys), and I think their support email is twitter@necaonline.com

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Thanks Xenomrph!

I'll give that a try tomorrow and let everyone know how it goes.

Did they end up replacing your figure? Did you have to provide pictures or send it back?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I sent them a picture of the figure with 2 left hands, and they ended up sending me a spare right hand they had kicking around the office and I made the swap myself.

For something more drastic like a broken joint like yours has, they'll probably suggest that you contact wherever you bought it from and try to exchange it through them first, and if that doesn't work then NECA will probably try and hook you up.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

So Neca got back to me today. Indeed they said I should contact the original seller, which in this case happens to be a seller on Ebay.

But I'm confused... why should I make an Ebay seller pay for Neca's factory error? It doesn't feel like the moral or logical thing to do.

*confused*

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm right there with you on that one - that's what happened with my Predator with 2 left hands, it was an ebay sale and it didn't seem right to make an individual eBay seller fix NECA's error. If it was a larger retailer who could afford to absorb the loss (TRU, BBTS, etc) that would be one thing, but not just some guy on eBay.

I suppose you could do what I did and make a half-hearted attempt to contact the seller, and then go back to NECA and say "the seller doesn't really want to cooperate since he says it's not his fault and he's kind of right, can you guys help me out?"

Worst case, the seller has you return the item and you get a refund. It might not be moral or logical for the seller to pay for NECA's mistake, but the absolutely least logical outcome is for *you* to pay for it. :P

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Thanks for all that info.

You know... funny thing is I already have a Hicks/Alien two pack and I don't really need a spare. The reason why I was buying the spare in the first place was to swap the alien for parts to fix a broken Series 2 Blue Alien. When I opened the spare Hicks/Alien two-pack, I was screwed when the leg snapped off as soon as I moved it. What I really need is a spare Series 2 Warrior.

Please note I never complained about the Broken Series 2 Warrior because it was basically my fault that it broke. It's the Hicks/Alien 2 pack that was completely not my fault.

I'm in luck I think - I have actually ordered 2 Series Two Blue Aliens directly from Neca on Ebay. I guess I just gotta say it was the Series 2 Warrior that broke, and they'll probably have to send me a new one. This way they won't have to send me the spare Hicks either... just one figure. I can easily swap parts to show I do have a Series 2 Warrior with a broken leg.

LOL this sounds confusing I know. Everything went downhill when I broke a figure and then tried swapping parts. When the replacement 2-pack I bought arrived, that broke as well and was not my fault.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Took these before work, I'll take more of them when I get off. Just quick group shots

mconte85

mconte85

Those are some great Decals! Where did you get them? I've been using warhammer ones.

Vark_

Vark_

You may use some "nose art" military aviation decals (1/72 scale approx) :).

The group effect is awesome JokersWarPig !!
If I may add a suggestion, considering that you use to repaint some of the armor plates (to erase original names / decals), why don't you change a little bit the camo on NECA helmets too ? It really catches my eyes that their paint scheme is absolutely identical.

mconte85

mconte85

Speaking of that, what paint brand and colors have you been using? I'm going to guess testors model masters, but I feel like the citadel brand is easing to use for a quick job.

Vark_

Vark_

Personally I use Humbrol, Revell (both glycero) and Tamya (acrilyc) colors for my custom helmets (pictures here).
Here are the references, if it helps.

main color :
Revell 40 (dark green)

dry brush stains :
Revell 48 (leaf green)
Revell 83 (red earth)
Humbrol 30 (charcoal green)
Tamya XF63 (german grey)

light brown camo stains :
Humbrol 93 (light earth)

little strips stains :
Humbrol 121 (sand)

helmet "headband" :
Humbrol 89 (brown)

lanyards / straps :
Humbrol 86 + Revell 83 (to create another brown nuance)

+ Tamya X1 (black) slight wash all over the camo scheme
+ flat acrilyc varnish coating to standardize the rendering (for I use both mate / shiny paints)

wolf-pred3107

wolf-pred3107

Quote from: Vark_ on Feb 02, 2014, 11:38:05 PM
Personally I use Humbrol, Revell (both glycero) and Tamya (acrilyc) colors for my custom helmets (pictures here).
Here are the references, if it helps.

main color :
Revell 40 (dark green)

dry brush stains :
Revell 48 (leaf green)
Revell 83 (red earth)
Humbrol 30 (charcoal green)
Tamya XF63 (german grey)

light brown camo stains :
Humbrol 93 (light earth)

little strips stains :
Humbrol 121 (sand)

helmet "headband" :
Humbrol 89 (brown)

lanyards / straps :
Humbrol 86 + Revell 83 (to create another brown nuance)

+ Tamya X1 (black) slight wash all over the camo scheme
+ flat acrilyc varnish coating to standardize the rendering (for I use both mate / shiny paints)

what colours do you recommend for the fatigues? been trying to recreate it but cant quite get it right :/

Vark_

Vark_

I use a slight black acrilyc wash with Tamiya X1, it comes out pretty well for armor plates' fatigues are mostly painted black on my NECA figures.

Lay some black where you want it, let it dry for 30s, then brush the black stains with a wet paintbrush to create fatigue effetcs, the black acrilyc will slightly vanish with the water.

You may also dry brush some particular spots with a silver (or any metal-like) paint to create bruises and shiny reflects on the helmets.

Here are a few more pics :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed