Given their last film, how do you think the Preds will play in their next game?

Started by HybridNewborn, Feb 11, 2012, 05:31:45 PM

Author
Given their last film, how do you think the Preds will play in their next game? (Read 576 times)

HybridNewborn

Regardless if it's a straight up Predator game or if it's a new Aliens vs Predator title, the film Predators introduced a lot of new stuff for them to play around with, and not just equipment-wise.

Given all the new stuff potentially at their disposal, such as spying birds, hunting hounds, and variations on their standard weaponry, how do you think this will affect Predator gameplay?

Up till now it's been fairly standardized. AvP 1 through 3 all have them being fairly similar, but it was from a standpoint of all of their equipment they carry with them. How do you think directing a pack of hounds would factor in? Or flying around the falcon bot? Or even hunting in a pack of Preds instead of by your lonesome. Will it turn into a bit of a squad-based thing?

Thoughts?

DUB1

I realize this is an old thread, but I thought it was interesting and deserved a bump.

There's many ways Predators could influence future Predator/AVP games, but I'm especially interested in how it'd affect AvP games.

A Predators-influenced AvP game could be set on a game preserve, and the Alien/human campaigns could have you fight both the classic Predators and the black ones. There could be infighting between Predators in the Predator one, maybe even a separate one for both breeds, each with different gameplay. The classic campaign would be precisely that, classic (as in more like the previous games') while the black-centric one could be squad-based as the OP said, with the hounds and the falcons at your disposal. Some missions in the BP campaign could require you to play as the hounds and/or the falcon.

The humans in the human campaign wouldn't have to be marines, nor would the story need to take place in the future, and you could throw in the River Ghosts (stickmen) as foes and even a playable multiplayer class. That, and a River Ghost campaign.

I definitely hope future Predator/AvP games borrow ideas from Predators.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed