Xenomorph origins in novels/comics

Started by EJA, Jan 30, 2012, 03:54:24 PM

Author
Xenomorph origins in novels/comics (Read 4,701 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 02, 2012, 08:33:10 PM
Ridley may try to ignore AVP, but it still happened in conjunction with his Alien whether he likes it or not.
Or it's just a cynical cash grab that destroyed the reputation of both series forever. It isn't canon to the ALIEN universe proper, and Ridley is making sure of that.

Xenomrph

No he's not, any changes he's making to the "canon" remain to be seen. The AvP movies were always meant to be "canon" to the Alien series and it amazes me that there's still people who insist otherwise.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 02, 2012, 10:34:23 PM
No he's not, any changes he's making to the "canon" remain to be seen. The AvP movies were always meant to be "canon" to the Alien series and it amazes me that there's still people who insist otherwise.
It's a known fact that Ridley hates the AVP films and has discounted them in making PROMETHEUS's mythology--and thank goodness for that.

predxeno

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 02, 2012, 10:42:36 PM
It's a known fact that Ridley hates the AVP films and has discounted them in making PROMETHEUS's mythology--and thank goodness for that.

As great as Ridley Scott is, he doesn't decide what is in and what is out of the AVP franchise (and that includes Alien).  He can try to ignore AVP, but no matter what it is still canon unless someone official says differently.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 02, 2012, 10:42:36 PM
That doesn't actually mean that 'Prometheus' is going to actively contradict them or anything, or even if it does that those hypothetical contradictions can't be worked around.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 02, 2012, 08:54:24 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 02, 2012, 08:33:10 PM
Ridley may try to ignore AVP, but it still happened in conjunction with his Alien whether he likes it or not.
Or it's just a cynical cash grab that destroyed the reputation of both series forever. It isn't canon to the ALIEN universe proper, and Ridley is making sure of that.

he said that's a pity about it being commerce, ya. and i don't think that scott really want any trace of AVP in it; let me rephrase it i think he don't care that much.  :laugh:
BUT: he doesn't changed weyland into weylan for prometheus, so we can assume, t was fox's order or just fitting in style.
and since AVP and prometheus (story) are... how? - 50-60 years difference? and changing from weyland industries to weyland megacorp doesn't sound that unusual.

to me prometheus is already expanded universe like AVP, AVP-R & all the comics/videogames are.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed