'Bishop L'

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 09, 2012, 07:55:09 AM

Author
'Bishop L' (Read 2,898 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Does anyone know what the 'L' was intended to stand for on the Sulaco personnel roster?

I know it was a part of the convention for using the actor's first name as the initial, but was there ever an indication for what it was supposed to mean within the context of the original film?

maledoro

maledoro

"Lance". Because the Company knows everything, including what the queen alien would do to him.

Valaquen

Valaquen

What maledoro says. All of the Marines bar Hicks bore the forenames of their respective actors. In-universe, no idea. Just their forenames, really. That's all there seems to it.

SM

SM

Androids obviously have first names by the time Bishop models are created.  Same with Annalee Call.

QuoteAll of the Marines bar Hicks and Gorman bore the forenames of their respective actors.

Fixed.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Jan 11, 2012, 08:55:02 AM
QuoteAll of the Marines bar Hicks and Gorman bore the forenames of their respective actors.

Fixed.
Why thank you  :laugh:

SM

SM

You're quite welcome.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Wouldn't Ash have had a first name, too? Or wouldn't the Nostromo crew, who had no idea he was a robot, have thought it was a bit odd when his official personnel records didn't have a first name for him?

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 09, 2012, 08:45:00 AM
What maledoro says. All of the Marines bar Hicks bore the forenames of their respective actors. In-universe, no idea. Just their forenames, really. That's all there seems to it.

Wait, does this mean that their names (William Hudson, Mark Drake, etc) aren't canon?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I always treated it as canon, as do most sources I'm aware of.

maledoro

maledoro

According to Ridley Scott, he wrote some brief bios for the actors. He cited Ash as an example, saying that his bio stated where he attended university, etc. I guess if someone should ask him, Ash could give some credentials; a first name should be easier for him to state.

I wish I could read those bios instead of or in addition to the ones from the DVD.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Frankly I'm surprised the blu-ray set didn't include them.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SM on Jan 11, 2012, 08:55:02 AM
Androids obviously have first names by the time Bishop models are created. Same with Annalee Call.

Ah, quite correct. Thank you.

SM

SM

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 13, 2012, 08:49:00 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 09, 2012, 08:45:00 AM

Wait, does this mean that their names (William Hudson, Mark Drake, etc) aren't canon?

The first initials are canonical.  The rest is up to the individual.  To complicate matters, Hicks locker has 'J Hicks' labelled on it.  ;D

maledoro

maledoro

That's an incriminating Remar(k)...
;D

SM

SM

Zingaaa!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed