Mercenary in Trailer - Mutant?

Started by Xenorgue, Dec 25, 2011, 12:26:03 PM

Author
Mercenary in Trailer - Mutant? (Read 17,839 times)

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

^According to the IMDB is "Mercenary 2 Vladimir". Actor's name is Vladimir Furdik.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/

Edit: Stunt Double James Embree is referred as "Mechanic". He really looks like the Biomechanical bald guy from the Jockey's room. If it's the case, according to the IMDB, there is at least two of those Mechanics.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1415490/

If they are not the Mutants and if the bald guy is not the engineer, what and who are they ?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 26, 2011, 11:13:27 PMStunt Double James Embree is referred as "Mechanic". He really looks like the Biomechanical bald guy from the Jockey's room. If it's the case, according to the IMDB, there is at least two of those Mechanics.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1415490/
If they are not the Mutants and if the bald guy is not the engineer, what and who are they ?
Sooo, where did 'Engineers' one and two go? Am I right that they are now listed as 'Mechanics' one and two? I knew it, these guys were never alien engineers, just human grease monkeys on the crew, ripe for the killing. Bloody IMDB.

-Chris

Zeta Reticuli

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 26, 2011, 11:41:42 PM
Sooo, where did 'Engineers' one and two go? Am I right that they are now listed as 'Mechanics' one and two?

:laugh: this is hilarious!

i'll still stick with "engineers" though, it's possibly the best nickname you can come up with for a godlike, life-creating alien species.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Laufey on Dec 26, 2011, 11:06:25 PM
Just a quick question here, but where does the whole "mercenary" thing come from? What makes you think he will be a mercenary?
Not really sure, probably from IMDB. However I think when people talk about corporations and armies we automatically think mercenaries. At least as far as Prometheus time line is concerned, armies are likely still government issued. So to keep things secret and in house you'd have to hire mercenaries for protection/enforcement. Least to mention the trip is a long haul. In Aliens time the colonial marines are as fas as I can tell a corporate entity. So waylan using mercenaries in Prometheus rhymes with the story.

Quote from: Zeta Reticuli on Dec 27, 2011, 01:45:59 AM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 26, 2011, 11:41:42 PM
Sooo, where did 'Engineers' one and two go? Am I right that they are now listed as 'Mechanics' one and two?

:laugh: this is hilarious!

i'll still stick with "engineers" though, it's possibly the best nickname you can come up with for a godlike, life-creating alien species.
Yea those guys are probably engineers but they are not gods or god-like capable engineers. Hell they're probably graduates from DeVry.

sdb5057

sdb5057

I don't think it's just 1 person in the flames.. I could SWEAR I see the foot of one guy, and the body of another. So at least TWO people are in those flames.

Parkers Bicep

The chap on the right with the drawn firearm is "Vladimir".

The chap on the left, with the ring around his head, looks like Phil Tufnel.  :D

Serious part:

History has proven that mercenaries are motivated by several things. Money is occasionally not always the number one reason... Other motives are political stance and a quest for adventure, for example.

Mad Mike Hoare's 5 Commando of the Congo Crisis in the mid 1960s was a fairly well disciplined mercenary army. Colonel Callan's mercenary army in Angola a decade later was not.

If there are mercenaries in Prometheus, and we've learn't to take anything on IMDB (before we've seen the movie/TV show with our own eyes) with a pinch of salt, I'd expect them to be ex-servicemen, very well disciplined and loyal. But I'd expect them to have have been employed by the corporation (Weylan-Yutani) as security, and, I'd expect them to be loyal to Vickers when no one else is around to give them orders.

It certainly can add some delicious plot twists if a mercenary realizes that he could have some amazing new technology. He could simply sell it to the highest bidder and become rich beyond his dreams (see initial merc motivation above).

Again, this is something that could happen...

Paul

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Kol on Dec 27, 2011, 03:21:16 AM
Quote from: bworko on Dec 25, 2011, 12:26:03 PM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3707/shoot500x207.jpg

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/9418/mutant04.jpg

it's him...

Spoiler
[close]
:D /spits beer

The first two pics are dead on the money. This guy is a villain, and one ugly f**ker. Not mutated, just a major asshole. Man is he gonna GET IT!

-Chris

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Parkers Bicep on Dec 27, 2011, 08:30:52 AM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3707/shoot500x207.jpg

The chap on the right with the drawn firearm is "Vladimir".

The chap on the left, with the ring around his head, looks like Phil Tufnel.  :D

Serious part:

History has proven that mercenaries are motivated by several things. Money is occasionally not always the number one reason... Other motives are political stance and a quest for adventure, for example.

Mad Mike Hoare's 5 Commando of the Congo Crisis in the mid 1960s was a fairly well disciplined mercenary army. Colonel Callan's mercenary army in Angola a decade later was not.

If there are mercenaries in Prometheus, and we've learn't to take anything on IMDB (before we've seen the movie/TV show with our own eyes) with a pinch of salt, I'd expect them to be ex-servicemen, very well disciplined and loyal. But I'd expect them to have have been employed by the corporation (Weylan-Yutani) as security, and, I'd expect them to be loyal to Vickers when no one else is around to give them orders.

It certainly can add some delicious plot twists if a mercenary realizes that he could have some amazing new technology. He could simply sell it to the highest bidder and become rich beyond his dreams (see initial merc motivation above).

Again, this is something that could happen...

Paul
A merc like lets say Royce (Predators) could see the horror in the bio stuff they stole and therefor taking sides of the good guys (who ever that may be) Vickers running through the corridor doesnt have to mean she is running from the Aliens she could be running from the humans who changed there minds after getting assraped by the Gods.
Seeing the scene of Vickers when she is doing push-ups tells me she is a fighter or better yet she is a bad ass with a great ass nonetheless ;)
And knowing she is played by a great actress its undoubtfully she will have a major role in this movie wich requires some skills of acting.
Like Noomi is casted therefor and Fassbender.

orchidal

orchidal

I think these guys will get transformed/killed early on in the expedition.
They're Merc 1 and 2 for crying out loud!
And besides what better set-up for horror than to kill/mutate the hired guns right off the bat?

BioMechanical

BioMechanical

QuoteVickers running through the corridor doesnt have to mean she is running from the Aliens she could be running from the humans who changed there minds after getting assraped by the Gods.

I think she is running to the escape pod so she can get off the ship before the derelict either crashes in to them, or the pilot crashed into the derelict,. Which ever one..  To some how save Vickers, the crew on the planet, or both.

Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

It really doesn't look like hair in this shot - more like some sort of growth(s).

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

It's all about everything (including timetravelling mutated space pirates) !

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Jan 01, 2012, 01:59:41 PM

It's all about everything (including mutated space pirates) !

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

....but, believe me, I really dont want to laugh, because come june 2012, this could represent something very painful indeed, movie ruiningly painful in fact

I sincerely dont want this leaping, crazed, demented freak to ruin what otherwise looks like potentially one of the greatest sci-fi experiences to hit the silver screen in many, many years

Please dont be a mutant.....please dont be a mutant.......

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Jan 01, 2012, 01:59:41 PM

It's all about everything (including timetravelling mutated space pirates)!

There are no words for how amazing this is...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed