About the Derelict and PROMETHEUS...

Started by Engineer1, Dec 19, 2011, 12:42:02 AM

Author
About the Derelict and PROMETHEUS... (Read 6,834 times)

Darth Vile

The question for me would be, if the SJ's are the originators of the 'Xeno', why has the SJ on the derelict allowed him/herself to be impregnated by the alien? And being impregnated; why would the SJ allow it to burst fourth without any type of intervention (surely they'd have the technology to bi-pass/counteract their own weapon)? Does the fact that the SJ died in this way undermine the speculation that the Xeno's are the products of SJ's? Or if so, perhaps the 'chestburster' variant was hot off the shelf at time of impregnation and was just as much a surprise to the SJ as it was to Kane???

Valaquen

Don't think the SJ allowed anything. His last act was the warning beacon.

Master

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 19, 2011, 04:10:44 PM

Same here. I think that weapon overwhelmed it`s creator. Also I do hope Scot will give us Jockey alien in this one.

nendo

nendo

Quote from: Darth Vile on Dec 19, 2011, 03:57:54 PM
The question for me would be, if the SJ's are the originators of the 'Xeno', why has the SJ on the derelict allowed him/herself to be impregnated by the alien? And being impregnated; why would the SJ allow it to burst fourth without any type of intervention (surely they'd have the technology to bi-pass/counteract their own weapon)? Does the fact that the SJ died in this way undermine the speculation that the Xeno's are the products of SJ's? Or if so, perhaps the 'chestburster' variant was hot off the shelf at time of impregnation and was just as much a surprise to the SJ as it was to Kane???

If he had grown into the chair for whatever reason then how would he of escaped if he got impregnated?

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 19, 2011, 02:05:02 PM
Quote from: nendo on Dec 19, 2011, 01:58:07 PM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 19, 2011, 01:34:13 PM
Quote from: Dirty Harry on Dec 19, 2011, 01:32:21 PM
Maybe the Alien derelict suffered some sort of problem in his way from or to Earth...millions of years ago.
what else can cause a super high-tech biomechanical ship capable of lightspeed travel to crash.

Thats speculation. We have no idea what the derelict ship can and can not do

images doesn't load

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: Master on Dec 19, 2011, 04:15:48 PM

Same here. I think that weapon overwhelmed it`s creator. Also I do hope Scot will give us Jockey alien in this one.

I don't think so, since Scott has told that no Xenos in the "classic" form will be in the movie...and having alien with trunk in the movie is just retarded...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOTG2wg6LHo#

Look into my eye

Lindelof has commented that the end of Prometheus will not lead into Alien, but perhaps a sequel would/could.This would lead me to believe that it is a "different" Derelict in Prometheus to the one we know.
Also, I seem to remember reading somewhere that in the original screenplay of Alien, there was meant to be a fossilised Xeno that the crew didn't notice.
This also raises the question of "Proto xenos", because if the Derelict has been there for thousands of years, the Jockeys must have already engineered them thousands of years in the past, does it not?They must already exist in the Prometheus universe.

Master

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 19, 2011, 04:21:54 PM

I don't think so, since Scott has told that no Xenos in the "classic" form will be in the movie...and having alien with trunk in the movie is just retarded...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111016142622/avp/images/5/51/Jockalien.jpg

On the contrary, I think he meant standart human alien (giger alien) won`t appear. Jockey alien, well that`s another story.

psychonaut25

Quote from: Master on Dec 19, 2011, 04:35:17 PM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 19, 2011, 04:21:54 PM

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111016142622/avp/images/5/51/Jockalien.jpg

On the contrary, I think he meant standart human alien (giger alien) won`t appear. Jockey alien, well that`s another story.

I think a prot xeno will appear, but no trunks on their heads...

ryanjayhawk

We really have no idea what happened to the Jockey/Engineer in the derelict... perhaps being facehugged isn't a bad thing to a jockey but a method of rebirth?  We just have no idea...

Master

And who told you that Jockey alien must have trunk?

that`s one of many other possibilities.

psychonaut25

Quote from: Master on Dec 19, 2011, 04:44:10 PM
And who told you that Jockey alien must have trunk?

that`s one of many other possibilities.

Looks quite the same as other aliens...

Darth Vile

I don't mean that the SJ literally allowed itself to be willingly impregnated by a facehugger... but that it seems it failed to prevent it. You'd think that if an uber advanced civilization had the technology to grow/breed biomechanical weapons and or/create other civilisations, they'd know how to protect themselves from their own technology. Even humans don't go about inadvertently blowing themselves up with atomic bombs all the time... as we wouldn't be left here able to post about it.

Quote from: nendo on Dec 19, 2011, 04:19:00 PM
If he had grown into the chair for whatever reason then how would he of escaped if he got impregnated?
Then that would indicate a fairly inept race of 'creators'...

psychonaut25

Quote from: Darth Vile on Dec 19, 2011, 05:25:09 PM
I don't mean that the SJ literally allowed itself to be willingly impregnated by a facehugger... but that it seems it failed to prevent it. You'd think that if an uber advanced civilization had the technology to grow/breed biomechanical weapons and or/create other civilisations, they'd know how to protect themselves from their own technology. Even humans don't go about inadvertently blowing themselves up with atomic bombs all the time... as we wouldn't be left here able to post about it.

Quote from: nendo on Dec 19, 2011, 04:19:00 PM
Then that would indicate a fairly inept race of 'creators'...

Or maybe there is another "player" on the field in Prometheus....

EEV-2501

^You are referring about what's wrote in the PARADISE synopsis about how the Jockey get impregnated ? If it's the case, I found this idea good.

psychonaut25

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 19, 2011, 05:37:53 PM
^You are referring about what's wrote in the PARADISE synopsis about how the Jockey get impregnated ? If it's the case, I found this idea good.

First time i hear of this...more info please. :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed