Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage

Started by ikarop, Nov 26, 2011, 08:39:19 PM

Author
Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage (Read 161,396 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: profox on Nov 30, 2011, 11:07:03 PM
I'm a huge ALIEN fan
Don't worry, there's a couple of them around here  :laugh:

profox

profox

Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 30, 2011, 11:08:12 PM
I'm a huge ALIEN fan

lol I couldn't care less for PREDATOR though  :laugh:
but giger changed my life .......

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Le Celticant on Nov 30, 2011, 07:47:21 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 30, 2011, 07:05:22 PM
As for the CG bitching, I don't mind if CG is used as long it does not look bad and it's not overused. I hope the CG does not over shadow the story like it does in movies like Van Helsing and 2012. From what we have seen, it looks like they are doing a mix between both similar how Lord of the Rings was.

It's a 200M$ movie at least from what I heard.

200 million seems too much for a movie that is likely to be R rated. I'm scared that this movie is going to flop like Terminator Salvation and Green Lantern did. Both movies had a budget of 200 million and did poorly at the box office. Maybe the word of mouth will help but I have feeling that this movie is going to have mixed reviews.

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: profox on Nov 30, 2011, 11:32:25 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 30, 2011, 11:08:12 PM
I'm a huge ALIEN fan

lol I couldn't care less for PREDATOR though  :laugh:
but giger changed my life .......

ThisBethesdaSea

I've been going through quite a bit of Gigers portfolio and as beautiful and morbid and freaky as it is...nothing really scares me.

Elude

Elude

Quote from: JKS1 on Nov 30, 2011, 02:27:36 PM
I'm not sure I agree with you on the point that CGI supersedes models/matte paintings when depicting landscapes, in terms of detail/image quality

For me its all about realism - do I believe that what I'm looking at is 'really there', solid and has that correct sense of scale

So far I've yet to see any CGI depicted landscape that comes even close to inspiring the same feeling of awe and 'realness' as the matte painting/model combination used in the opening sequence of Blade Runner

Can you give me an example of any similarly futuristic/fantasy/sci-fi type landscape imagery thats equally as 'real' or 'solid' looking as this, yet CGI  ?

All thats coming to my mind are the obvious CGI of the Colosseum shots in 'Gladiator', the obvious CGI in 'Titanic' and 'Avatar' and the hideous overkill and screamingly obvious CGI in Star Wars I,II and III

(Not to mention the complete and utterly shitty and obvious CGI effects in the green lantern)

So, please, some examples of scenes and movies where the CGI depicted landscapes and spaceships arent obviously CGI and really make you believe youre looking at something or some place thats real and solid and not a glorified cartoon ?

http://vodpod.com/watch/2794864-the-third-the-seventh-on-vimeo

How's this for CGI?

ThisBethesdaSea

That short film is unbelievable.....I've never seen it's equal.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: JKS1 on Nov 30, 2011, 02:27:36 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Nov 30, 2011, 05:46:35 AM

For flying spaceships and landscapes CGI is perfect though. The crashing 'thing' in the trailer will be CGI, no doubt about it, and it will look amazing. I just don't know why film makers would bother building spaceship models or doing matte paintings anymore - CGI supersedes them for level of detail and image quality.

I'm not sure I agree with you on the point that CGI supersedes models/matte paintings when depicting landscapes, in terms of detail/image quality

For me its all about realism - do I believe that what I'm looking at is 'really there', solid and has that correct sense of scale

So far I've yet to see any CGI depicted landscape that comes even close to inspiring the same feeling of awe and 'realness' as the matte painting/model combination used in the opening sequence of Blade Runner

Can you give me an example of any similarly futuristic/fantasy/sci-fi type landscape imagery thats equally as 'real' or 'solid' looking as this, yet CGI  ?

All thats coming to my mind are the obvious CGI of the Colosseum shots in 'Gladiator', the obvious CGI in 'Titanic' and 'Avatar' and the hideous overkill and screamingly obvious CGI in Star Wars I,II and III

(Not to mention the complete and utterly shitty and obvious CGI effects in the green lantern)

So, please, some examples of scenes and movies where the CGI depicted landscapes and spaceships arent obviously CGI and really make you believe youre looking at something or some place thats real and solid and not a glorified cartoon ?

That´s the problem, that even if I see a mate painting that its a shit, or a guy in a obvious latex costume, or a obvius miniature etc. I believe it, because its THERE, its real, exists. CGI when its bad done (99% times) I just dont believe it...It takes me out of the movie, it irritiates me.

There is but, one thing that irritates me a lot of practical FX, that is the blue screen, or front/rear projection Like in Aliens when the dropship is entering the clouds of LV-426 or the Procesing Station. But its never as much irritating than crappy CGI.
Also, all this CGI crazynes has another problem for me, and its that the director is not on a set, directing, the director is watching a guy drawing shit in a computer! there is actually no direction there a lot of times...so...its that a real movie or a cartoon movie? too many times the too worlds get mixed. You see real people inside a cartoon movie. Its like Roger Rabit but unintentioned, and this kills me.

Anyway, i have much more tolerance for crappy CGI landscapes than for crappy CGI Characters:

Any chreature at STAR WARS, king kong, the monster at Super 8, 70% of the chreatures of Lord of the Rings (specially gollum), everything at AVATAR, all chreatures from Harry Potter, the swimming aliens, all the aliens at the end of A.I. , aliens at War of the Worlds, the jumping siderman, the running monkeys from The Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Thing, the sharks from Deep Blue sea (poor harlin) , etc.etc.   All those (and so many others), made me hate this movies. Every time one of those appeard on screen, I was expelled inexorably from the movie.

ThisBethesdaSea

Tough, the problem seems to be with you, not the tools that make the movies.

higherprimate

I have no doubt that this movie will be a classic and all we hope for.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 01, 2011, 02:53:57 AM

Of course its my problem as there is a lot of people enjoying this shit. but because it´s my opinion, and what I believe, in my opinon, I am right. :D

I mean, I am not going to kill anybody for liking Jar Jar (even they deserve it), but in my reallity, people who likes all this CGI nonsense, are wrong, and I am right.

Unfortunatelly, Im on the loosers side...Like there is more people liking Eminem than Getto Boys...

Quote from: higherprimate on Dec 01, 2011, 02:56:36 AM
I have no doubt that this movie will be a classic and all we hope for.

I hope too but I really doubt....

Valaquen

Valaquen

His post is laden with "it bothers me" or "it pulled me from the movie," so he wasn't making any real generalisations at all. So let's be nice and civil, even with those we disagree with.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 01, 2011, 03:09:42 AM
His post is laden with "it bothers me" or "it pulled me from the movie," so he wasn't making any real generalisations at all. So let's be nice and civil, even with those we disagree with.

No problem at all, actually, we do agree in something: We both think that most of the people doing those lame CGI movies are tools. ;)

ThisBethesdaSea

I think my statement was absolutely civil in the context of the conversation. There's been no barbs exchanged. It's been a healthy dialogue.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 01, 2011, 03:21:33 AM
I think my statement was absolutely civil in the context of the conversation. There's been no barbs exchanged. It's been a healthy dialogue.

No problem whatsoever. (but next time I´ll break your legs)    ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed