Alien3: How did the egg get onboard the Sulaco?

Started by StayFrosty, Oct 30, 2011, 01:19:51 AM

Author
Alien3: How did the egg get onboard the Sulaco? (Read 77,880 times)

StrangeShape

Quote from: Queen7 on Jan 17, 2012, 09:49:59 PM
Once the queen snuck on and sensed all her children have died and she was the last one left she decided to lay her backup egg or last egg that every queen would carry so the species may continue.  If the queen were getting old and was still attached to her egg sack the last egg she lays is a queen one so the species may go on

The problems are:
1. When does she lay the egg, since New and more so Bishop is watching her all the time
2. Where does she lay the egg, since its stuck upside down
3. How come Ripley and Bishop dont search for any more aliens knowing one snuck in and dont do bioscan. Surealy the dropship wouldve been taken apart to check if anything else came through

Space7Horror

It is a plot hole that will never truly be answered there will only be assumptions

stephen

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 18, 2012, 11:04:19 PM

The problems are:
1. When does she lay the egg, since New and more so Bishop is watching her all the time
2. Where does she lay the egg, since its stuck upside down
3. How come Ripley and Bishop dont search for any more aliens knowing one snuck in and dont do bioscan. Surealy the dropship wouldve been taken apart to check if anything else came through

1. She lays the egg in the drop ship landing gear enroute to the Sulaco.
2. Once she has laid the egg and the dropship has docked, she hops out and has her fisticuffs with Ripley, at some point, a facehugger that hitched a ride with her, moves the egg by wrapping its tail around it. Once in location, the egg has EXTREMELY LIMITED movement and attaches itself upside down.  The facehugger moves the egg (perhaps sensing that it is a queen facehugger) to not be where your enemy expects you to be and out of a survival instinct.
3.  This is answered by number 2.  Although we don't see it, we can assume that Ripley searched the dropship landing gear where the queen was and found nothing because the egg had been moved by the facehugger.

My theory in more detail:

A facehugger hitchs a ride with the queen.

The queen is able to through survival of the species kinda thing to lay one egg without her eggsac (if you wish to believe that this is a queen facehugger go right ahead).

She lays that egg in the drop ship landing gear.

She hops out and has her fisticuffs with ripley.

the face hugger that hitched the ride moves the egg (by dragging it with its tail) and does this out of instinct - "don't be where your enemy expects you to be".

Ripely puts everyone into hypersleep.

Egg hatches

We now have two facehuggers - one gets ripley and the other gets the dog.

All other theories don't really explain with any real plausibility (in my opinion) the location of the egg.  A super facehugger theory explains the two aliens but not the egg location.

SM

Why would the hugger move the egg?

stephen

"don't be where your enemy expects you to be".

The egg wasn't quite ready to hatch yet.  The facehugger, perhaps sensing that this was a "queen" egg, needed to move the egg from it's last known location.

Or

Perhaps the actual queen told it too (in whatever language the aliens speak).

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: stephen on Jan 19, 2012, 03:07:12 AM

1. She lays the egg in the drop ship landing gear enroute to the Sulaco.

This doesnt look like a dropship landing gear tho

And problem still remains why no bioscan of the ship, and why not checking the dropship thoroughly, ESPECALLY the landing gear where the Queen hid. That would be the first place to check

Quote2. Once she has laid the egg and the dropship has docked, she hops out and has her fisticuffs with Ripley, at some point, a facehugger that hitched a ride with her, moves the egg by wrapping its tail around it.

The problem is, in order for this to work, there would need to be a facehugger there.
Then theres the question of facehugger lifting a giant egg and sticking it upside down. Then theres Bishop who would surely see a huge egg being pushed (?) or lifted (?) by a facehugger. And then of course the facehugger would try to hug Ripley or Newt asap

QuoteOnce in location, the egg has EXTREMELY LIMITED movement and attaches itself upside down.

The egg attaches itself  ???

Quote3.  This is answered by number 2.  Although we don't see it, we can assume that Ripley searched the dropship landing gear where the queen was and found nothing because the egg had been moved by the facehugger

Which still doesnt explain why no bioscan. Alien 3 shows us that bioscan of the ship and detection of alien lifeforms on Sulaco is perfectly possible. The onboard computer knew the facehugger was there and even knew it went into cryotube. The bluray menu itself presents a bioscan of the ship locating the egg

QuoteMy theory in more detail:

A facehugger hitchs a ride with the queen.

Which is all fanon and never supported by script, novelization or any of the filmmakers involved in the movie

QuoteThe queen is able to through survival of the species kinda thing to lay one egg without her eggsac (if you wish to believe that this is a queen facehugger go right ahead).

Valaquen lately explained to me that egg cant be laid without eggsac

QuoteShe lays that egg in the drop ship landing gear.

She hops out and has her fisticuffs with ripley.

the face hugger that hitched the ride moves the egg (by dragging it with its tail) and does this out of instinct - "don't be where your enemy expects you to be".

The egg isnt from plastic. Its huge and heavy, theres no way a facehugger could move it with its entire body, let alone the tail. And not to mention lifting it and reaching up. And move it in lighting speed since the docking bay is large and open for view, and it would be a miracle if no one would see a giant egg moving throughout an entire hangar. And of course, facehuggers instinctively try to impregnate the nearest viable host. Hicks and then Newt and then Ripley. Fight or not itd crawl on the suit and bam.

QuoteRipely puts everyone into hypersleep.

Without bioscan of the ship?

QuoteEgg hatches

Why? First two movies showed us that the eggs dont open unless someone gets very close to it. In the first movies they lay there for years if not centuries. Kane had to tinker with it for it to open. They dont open spontaneously

QuoteWe now have two facehuggers - one gets ripley and the other gets the dog.

Again, the second hugger is fanon, would not make sense for it not to attack immediately AND why would it be waiting two weeks?

My answers to the questions raised would be the following:

1. Dont have any answer
2. The egg got into the position in question because of the suction from the open airlock. The suction pulled it and it got stuck on something
3. Dont have an answer

stephen

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 19, 2012, 04:00:58 AM

This doesnt look like a dropship landing gear tho

And problem still remains why no bioscan of the ship, and why not checking the dropship thoroughly, ESPECALLY the landing gear where the Queen hid. That would be the first place to check

I know, which is why I said that the facehugger moved the egg.

My theory has the egg no where near the landing gear of the dropship because the facehugger moved the egg.

QuoteThe problem is, in order for this to work, there would need to be a facehugger there.
Then theres the question of facehugger lifting a giant egg and sticking it upside down. Then theres Bishop who would surely see a huge egg being pushed (?) or lifted (?) by a facehugger. And then of course the facehugger would try to hug Ripley or Newt asap

Again, if you read my theory in detail before responding you would know that I theorised that a facehugger hitched a ride with the queen.  Also regarding the egg being upside down, I answered this.

Bishops focus was (rightly so) on the actual queen, what happened behind him was of little importance to him at that stage.

As for the facehugger hugging someone asap, why?  Why could it not give more importance to the "queen" egg and making sure that was protected.

The egg attaches itself  ???

Yes.

Which still doesnt explain why no bioscan. Alien 3 shows us that bioscan of the ship and detection of alien lifeforms on Sulaco is perfectly possible. The onboard computer knew the facehugger was there and even knew it went into cryotube. The bluray menu itself presents a bioscan of the ship locating the egg

Umm not sure exactly what you're referring to here.  Are you referring to Bishop saying that there was an alien on board or are you referring directly to the bioscan of Ripley?

Either way, that can be explained by Bishop reading the data directly from  the bioscan of Ripley and therefore knowing that there was an alien on board.

Or, perhaps what Bishop was reading was a movement sensor.  Therefore when Ripley scanned the ship she scanned it at such a time as the facehugger wasn't moving and therefore didn't pick it up.

As far as the blu ray menu - I haven't seen it and don't consider it canon at this point.

The egg isnt from plastic. Its huge and heavy, theres no way a facehugger could move it with its entire body, let alone the tail.

Says who?

QuoteAnd move it in lighting speed since the docking bay is large and open for view, and it would be a miracle if no one would see a giant egg moving throughout an entire hangar.

You don't give aliens enough credit.  Aren't these things experts at going unnoticed.

Also, it doesn't have to be out in the open, it just has to slide down behind something that blocks the view and can practically go anywhere it wants.

QuoteAnd of course, facehuggers instinctively try to impregnate the nearest viable host. Hicks and then Newt and then Ripley. Fight or not itd crawl on the suit and bam.

Perhaps.  I theorise that it gave more importance to the queen egg, given that it was the last egg and therefore needed to be protected.  It could facehug anyone later.

Without bioscan of the ship?

Answered above.

QuoteWhy? First two movies showed us that the eggs dont open unless someone gets very close to it. In the first movies they lay there for years if not centuries. Kane had to tinker with it for it to open. They dont open spontaneously

Granted.

Perhaps with the other facehugger there, it knew there were viable hosts around and therefore hatched.

QuoteAgain, the second hugger is fanon, would not make sense for it not to attack immediately AND why would it be waiting two weeks?

Huh??

Sorry you've lost me.

I do admit though that a second facehugger is not surpported directly by the film and is purely my theory.  A theory that happens to fit the facts.

QuoteMy answers to the questions raised would be the following:

1. Dont have any answer
2. The egg got into the position in question because of the suction from the open airlock. The suction pulled it and it got stuck on something
3. Dont have an answer

Well perhaps.

I've theorised otherwise.

SM

I still don't understand why the hugger would move the egg.

If it's that smart, it should've left the egg in the landing gear well and hid nearby.  While Ripley and co are searching for, and then find, the egg - bam, it attacks from a different direction.

stephen

Well I've explained why.

For survival because the egg being a "queen" egg wasn't ready to hatch yet.  It needed a little longer to incubate.

SM

How could it be born if it still needed time to incubate?

stephen

well, the egg has been laid, but not ready to hatch yet.

aliennaire

Quote from: stephen on Jan 19, 2012, 03:46:39 AM
"don't be where your enemy expects you to be".

The egg wasn't quite ready to hatch yet.  The facehugger, perhaps sensing that this was a "queen" egg, needed to move the egg from it's last known location.

Or

Perhaps the actual queen told it too (in whatever language the aliens speak).

I cann't see facehuggers to be familiar with any stratagem of war campaign, as well as I don't reckon them to be suit for playing in the team, they are rather driven by the instict to impregnate someone asap, than to participate in ruses. Also, I have doubts about whether they can sense Queen at all to abide by her behest, i.e. huggers are totally useless for purposes of building hive and fighting enemy (other than rendering someone moveless), than why to complecate their physiology with unproductive extra organs?

At any rate the view of hugger, dragging the egg with its tail, would look facetious to me (good fill for parody, but I couldn't take it seriously for the film)  ;)

StrangeShape

Quote from: stephen on Jan 19, 2012, 04:17:02 AM
why would it be waiting two weeks?

Huh??

Sorry you've lost me.
[/quote]

The Sulaco incident happened two weeks after they left the LV 426 orbit

stephen

stephen

The Sulaco incident happened two weeks after they left the LV 426 orbit

Where exactly is this stated?

Quote from: aliennaire on Jan 19, 2012, 09:38:41 AM

I cann't see facehuggers to be familiar with any stratagem of war campaign, as well as I don't reckon them to be suit for playing in the team, they are rather driven by the instict to impregnate someone asap, than to participate in ruses.

They don't have to be strategists or even all that intelligent.  They just have to have an instinctual drive.

Why can't they have an instinctually drive in them to move an egg?

Doesn't sound all that far fetched to me at all.

QuoteAlso, I have doubts about whether they can sense Queen at all to abide by her behest, i.e. huggers are totally useless for purposes of building hive and fighting enemy (other than rendering someone moveless), than why to complecate their physiology with unproductive extra organs?

Why?  Their aliens.  we have no idea at all as to their biological makeup or whatever.

QuoteAt any rate the view of hugger, dragging the egg with its tail, would look facetious to me (good fill for parody, but I couldn't take it seriously for the film)  ;)

Good thing then that you don't have to see it.

SM

QuoteWhere exactly is this stated?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably closer to 10-11 days.

3 weeks back to Gateway, but they were still a fair way from Earth when the fire occurred.  Could've been earlier - no way to be sure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed