Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Started by Shasvre, Oct 19, 2011, 10:53:35 AM

Author
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) (Read 408,029 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do#ws

Release Date

May 1, 2015

Crew

Director

Joss Whedon

Writer

Joss Whedon

Cast

Chris Hemsworth - Thor

Robert Downey Jr. - Iron Man/Tony Stark

Chris Evans - Captain America/Steve Rogers

Mark Ruffalo - The Hulk/Bruce Banner

Scarlett Johansson - Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff

Jeremy Renner - Hawkeye/Clint Barton

Don Cheadle - Colonel James Rhodes/War Machine

Samuel L. Jackson - Nick Fury

Cobie Smulders - Maria Hill

Aaron Taylor-Johnson - Quicksilver/Pietro Maximoff

Elizabeth Olsen - Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff

James Spader - Ultron

Thomas Kretchmann - Baron von Strucker

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Doctor Strange in phase two or GTFO.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Oct 19, 2011, 11:49:03 AM
Doctor Strange in phase two or GTFO.

This :D

As for villains, I want to see Thanos. People keep mentioning him, and he seems like a really great villain. I also want Dr. Doom and Galactus, but first we need to wait for the FF rights to go back to marvel.

I'm going to put this topic in the "speculated" section of the MCU thread. :)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I still think the May 2014 film is the Doctor Strange movie and the June one is Captain America (It's right before 4th of July). I don't we will see The Avengers 2 until 2015, it will give them time to work on the story and give the actors time to get ready as well.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I would really like to see Phase 2 of the MCU have more cosmic elements in it. We already know Thor 2 will focus more on the various realms than on Earth, and I think that is a really good sign. Then there is Doctor Strange with his magic, and Guardians of the Galaxy, which sounds really intriguing.

There is a lot of cool stuff that can be built through those films.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

2014 is too early for The Avengers 2 IMO.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Disney just announced that The Avengers 2 is in development. :)

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/disney-announces-avengers-2-in-development/

Ruadh

Ruadh

So, maybe 2014 after all...

They're smart to get on it right away.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Laufey on May 08, 2012, 09:32:09 PM

YES. Well we all knew it would happen, but I'm glad it's begun this soon!  ;D I'd say we won't get the next one until 2015 though.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: MudButt on May 08, 2012, 09:40:31 PM

YES. Well we all knew it would happen, but I'm glad it's begun this soon!  ;D I'd say we won't get the next one until 2015 though.

I disagree. I think the first one happened a lot faster than people realize.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Ruadh on May 08, 2012, 09:41:15 PM
Quote from: MudButt on May 08, 2012, 09:40:31 PM

I disagree. I think the first one happened a lot faster than people realize.

It did, but Marvel is focused on the solo films at this point. Plus they have other projects in the works, I'm sure Avengers 2 is high on that list due to it's critical and financial success, but they still need to roll our Iron Man 3, Cap 2, and Thor 2 before actual production begins.

Shasvre

Shasvre

And that other movie they have planned for 2014 (Ant-Man or Doctor Strange, I bet).

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Laufey on May 08, 2012, 09:43:51 PM
And that other movie they have planned for 2014 (Ant-Man or Doctor Strange, I bet).

Yep, they've named countless other movies they plan on making but those are the two we've heard the most about. However that doesn't rule out other characters, but those two are most likely. They've already said they want to introduce more characters to the team by the next film so I'm sure they'd rather introduce them in their own solo film first.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: MudButt on May 08, 2012, 09:43:10 PM
It did, but Marvel is focused on the solo films at this point. Plus they have other projects in the works, I'm sure Avengers 2 is high on that list due to it's critical and financial success, but they still need to roll our Iron Man 3, Cap 2, and Thor 2 before actual production begins.

Again, I disagree. Each film has its own director, writer, production team, design team, etc. The only thing they all have in common is executive producers, and the actually shooting schedule won't overlap.

Look at it this way, Thor is arguably the pre-Avengers movie that Avengers depended on the most.

May 2009 - Hemsworth in negotiations for Thor
January 2010 - Thor begins filming
April 2010 - Whedon close to finishing negotiations for Avengers
May 2010 - Thor wraps filming
July 2010 - Whedon announced as director
April-September 2011 - shooting for Avengers

Just kinda an idea of the overlap. Cap obviously did as well, since it came out after Thor.

so, right now they're about to film Im 3, then Thor 2, and next year is Cap 2. by then, they'll be ready to start casting and such for Avengers 2, with shooting probably less than a year later. 2014 isn't that outlandish.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Even if they could get it done by 2014 doesn't mean they should. With two other Marvel movies coming out that year, adding another one would make things a bit too crowded.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed