Aliens Colonial Marines Full E3 Demo Footage

Started by ikarop, Sep 30, 2011, 05:00:30 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Full E3 Demo Footage (Read 69,397 times)

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: deGRESSOR on Oct 01, 2011, 12:22:56 AM
what's the poing of adding iron sights if you can't use them????

You'll be able to use them if they are equipped as what the GBX folks stated.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 01, 2011, 12:20:55 AM
The reveal of the aliens was utterly forgettable and there was no real build up or tension...

In this game what you just saw won't be the first head-to-head encounter with the aliens - it will likely be in the Sulaco (Part 1)

Quote from: MrFacehug on Oct 01, 2011, 12:03:37 AMThe aliens look great, and I love the crusher (despite original scepticism).

By and large attitudes towards The Crusher have changed for the positive.

If The Crusher is a mid-level boss and it was introduced fairly early in the game (beginning of Part 2), should we expect deadlier mid-level bosses later on? Maybe some creature we've yet to hear about... or a W-Y black-ops unit (human enemies). I'd love to do a traditional gun battle against human enemies. HEAD SHOTTTTT

chupacabras acheronsis

you know how i can tell it's consolized?

every single thing happens in front of you. there's no surprise, no sneaking, everything is scripted and little more than a rail shooter. aliens walk between other marines and you. they take all their goddamn time to get up and attack you. if you noticed, the player didn't have to move his aimpoint more than a few centimeters at any time. it's because controllers can't turn fast. the terrible aiming of the demonstrator would have got him killed in the first encounter. regardless, the alien just walked in front of him and he didn't have to look down at all to hit the ever-crawling xenomorphs at his feet, the bullets found their way themselves. everything was always too easy. who the hell thinks this is fun?

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Oct 01, 2011, 12:30:41 AM

every single thing happens in front of you. there's no surprise, no sneaking, everything is scripted and little more than a rail shooter. aliens walk between other marines and you.

That's the point. This isn't an RPG game or is it CS 1.6

Space Sweeper

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Oct 01, 2011, 12:26:44 AM
The reveal of the aliens was utterly forgettable and there was no real build up or tension...

In this game what you just saw won't be the first head-to-head encounter with the aliens - it will likely be in the Sulaco (Part 1)
I should hope so, because they literally had no real reaction to encountering one like it's a new hostile life form. That said, if they had already encountered the Xenos, I don't see why they were so amazed by "something" having torn throught that bulkhead; unless that was supposed to be some foreshadowing of the Crusher.

Quote from: Stalker on Oct 01, 2011, 12:25:01 AM
I also didn't like how the camera focused on the Xenos during the cutscenes... and that shot of the Basher with all of the Xenos around it, blocking the way was ridiculously awkward.

Lol yeah I thought that looked funny too. Like all the Aliens were lying down to watch the show of the Crusher's grand entrance.
MEASTEHZ GUNNA f**k EM' UP, AINTEE? AINTEE, BOIS?

Stalker

I might be mistaken here but it sounded like some of the Alien screeches were from AvP-R. Not sure what that's all about.

every single thing happens in front of you. there's no surprise, no sneaking, everything is scripted and little more than a rail shooter. aliens walk between other marines and you. they take all their goddamn time to get up and attack you. if you noticed, the player didn't have to move his aimpoint more than a few centimeters at any time. it's because controllers can't turn fast. the terrible aiming of the demonstrator would have got him killed in the first encounter. regardless, the alien just walked in front of him and he didn't have to look down at all to hit the ever-crawling xenomorphs at his feet, the bullets found their way themselves. everything was always too easy. who the hell thinks this is fun?

Jesus does this really have to turn into another console vs PC debate? Who really cares what platform it's on.

deGRESSOR

I'm not getting this game if you can't crouch or aim down the iron sights.  I've played too many great shooters to go back to the limited abilities of the DOOM 1-2 days.

Ash 937

I think there were parameters that FOX ordered that only allowed GBX to do so much with the game.  I wouldn't call it "consolized" exactly.

A free-roaming game with more open space does have it's advantages but it would also force developers to manipulate the mythology more...and I'm not sure FOX would (or some fans) would like it too much.  If we were allowed to leave Hadley's Hope in the style of Fallout 3, what would we find???  Another derelict ship somewhere?  A secret WY research center?  The developer of a free-roaming, unscripted game might have to consider this sort of thing and I'm not sure FOX would want to license out one of their IPs so that anyone can do whatever they want with it.  A scripted game keeps things nice and neat and protects the IP.

And I'm not defending the structure of the game, I'm just trying to give another angle to rationalize it by.  Personally, I hate games that are too scripted. For example, If I shoot an alien first will it register with the CPU or will my shot be completely neglected so that a fellow marine can be abducted according to the script???  I have a problem with things like this when I've actually seen scripted games that allow for multiple paths towards completion.  Hopefully A:CM is one of them.

Keep in mind, these thoughts never lead to questions that a mainstream interview can acknowledge.  The politics of who dictates what in the construction of a game isn't something that is always readily available to the public.  I'm just speculating that a lot more goes into deciding these things than if they have a console or PC preference. 

Either way, I'm buying this game no matter what.

beb

wow we better be good shots that cross hair is going to need some getting used too i really hope there will be more scary moments like people getting mauled in front of are eyes and stuff falling over that makes us think shit is there when its not i want the feeling of being stalked without knowing it for those of us who played avp2 and fear resident evil silent hill   dead space and other survival horrors from that video i dont feel like i will be on my toes everything looks controlled its too much they need to build the suspense and i am sure someone said this pulse rifle sounds a little off other than that i will enjoy   this game

Stalker

Quote from: deGRESSOR on Oct 01, 2011, 01:11:47 AM
I'm not getting this game if you can't crouch or aim down the iron sights.  I've played too many great shooters to go back to the limited abilities of the DOOM 1-2 days.

There will be iron sights, they showed them in an earlier trailer. Also Gearbox said there will be attachments such as scopes you can add to your weapons.

I just hope the guns have more punch in the final version, that shotgun in particular looked piss weak.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

it's not even that. even for a console shooter, this would be unacceptable. aliens can't be this easy, they sneak around and do fancy shit against NPCs but they are not deadly or menacing at all to the player. there's no team play whatsoever. it's generic space marine vs stupid horde of aliens all over again. this is not survival. i'm not asking for free roaming or big explorable areas(it's meant to be claustrophobic after all), i'm just asking for a game that doesn't f**king babysit you through the whole experience, where things do not happen the same way every goddamn time, and where the difficulty level is rewarding instead of groan worthy.

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Oct 01, 2011, 12:31:54 AM

every single thing happens in front of you. there's no surprise, no sneaking, everything is scripted and little more than a rail shooter. aliens walk between other marines and you.

That's the point. This isn't an RPG game or is it CS 1.6

are you kidding me? even Aliens extermination was more dynamic and that was a lightgun shooter. do you really like games this way?

Stalker

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Oct 01, 2011, 01:24:05 AM
it's not even that. even for a console shooter, this would be unacceptable. aliens can't be this easy, they sneak around and do fancy shit against NPCs but they are not deadly or menacing at all to the player. there's no team play whatsoever. it's generic space marine vs stupid horde of aliens all over again. this is not survival. i'm not asking for free roaming or big explorable areas(it's meant to be claustrophobic after all), i'm just asking for a game that doesn't f**king babysit you through the whole experience, where things do not happen the same way every goddamn time, and where the difficulty level is rewarding instead of groan worthy.

Everybody thought the difficulty level of the Marine campaign in AvP looked too easy in the trailers, look how that turned out...

It's a demo, they're obviously going to cram the most hectic straightforward action sequences right in our face. I doubt the whole game will be like that.

chupacabras acheronsis

yeah, i will not judge the game because i obviously haven't played the game, but from what i've seen from this gameplay, i am not liking what Gearbox is doing here. and they seem pretty content with it which doesn't indicate they will change much.

why did they get such an shitty player to do their demo walkthrough anyways? it's like they want me to assume the game is this piss-easy and boring.

PsyKore

I really hope the final game isn't too scripted. This demo seemed way too much on rails; hopefully it's just an intro of sorts...

Stalker

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Oct 01, 2011, 01:44:38 AM
why did they get such an shitty player to do their demo walkthrough anyways? it's like they want me to assume the game is this piss-easy and boring.

Watching the player get killed half a dozen times during a demo isn't much fun.

chupacabras acheronsis

that's why they should get someone with actual skill for it, right?

showing off the easiest difficulty is like trying to sell a sports car stuck at second gear.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed