Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1054

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 618,238 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Yikes.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Jutland on Sep 02, 2018, 05:11:05 PM
1. Alien
2. Alien 3
3. Alien Covenant first half
4. Prometheus
5. Aliens

Big gap ...

6. Alien Covenant second half
7. Alien Resurrection

but they're just opinions. I haven't seen AR for a few years so I may be misremembering it.

Hey that makes sense..splitting AC in half.

Alien
Aliens
Prometheus
AC first half

Huge gap

AC second half
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
AVP

Sub level 75..

Sub level 5175..

AVP Requiem

The Old One

The Old One

Alien > Aliens = A3 > Covenant > (Resurrection) > Prometheus

Reply #1972

Huntsman

Huntsman

It's interesting because I consider myself more of a Predator fan, but overall prefer the Alien trilogy.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Alien

Aliens / Alien 3

Alien: Covenant

Alien: Resurrection / Prometheus

Even those at the bottom of the list have merit and contribute fascinating ideas, concepts, and perspectives, despite their shortcomings.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Agree with that.

What I love about the franchise as a whole is how it's set in the future, but this future involves a disgusting plague lifeform that seeks to impregnate and kill you. This future doesn't have a lovable ET, it has a nightmare. I just dig the contrast of a high-tech spaceship being infested with such a monster. Nature rebels against 'the future' with a natural weapon.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed, or that humanity itself is still the one we know.
Realistic development

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Aliens
Alien
Alien Resurrection
Alien Covenant
Alien 3
Prometheus

It's hard to put those 3 at the button of the list because the themes of religion, creation and nihilism are really presented well.

But god damn are the top 3 entertaining movies.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

1. Alien. 10/10 Still the sci-fi horror masterpiece that will never be topped, ever.
2. Aliens. 10/10 Still the sci-fi action masterpiece that will never be topped, ever.
3. Alien 3/Alien: Covenant. Both share Gothic horror sensibilities and are totally bleak, but I rate Covenant a tad higher for its thematic ambitions, back and mouth bursters and Fassbender's erotic dual performance. 8/10 - 8/10
4. Prometheus. 7/10 Visually stunning. Seriously, it's one of the best looking films ever made. Unfortunately the screenplay and editing let it down, however, Fassbender is terrific and it expands the universe. Some great scenes and set pieces.
5. Resurrection. 6/10 Fun and pulpy, weirdly erotic at times and visually stylish. The French influence is heavy throughout. Weaver puts in a solid and interesting performance but it's not a film to be taken seriously.

P-Rock

P-Rock

1. Aliens 10/10
2. Alien 9/10
3. Alien: Covenant 7.5/10
4. Alien: Resurrection 7/10
5. Prometheus 6/10
6. AVP: Alien vs Predator 6/10
7. Alien 3 5/10
8. AVP-R: Aliens vs Predator-Requiem 0.5/10

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

And the winner is....

ALIENS!

ALIENS!

ALIENS!

Rankles75

Rankles75

Wow, I never saw that coming!  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Aliens fans unite!

Kradan

Kradan

It's funny that there is some votes (:o) for Resurrection and Prometheus and Covenant. No doubts you can like them, but considering them as best? I don't know   :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed