Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1054

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 626,372 times)

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Feb 28, 2013, 12:49:18 AM
I wasn't expecting the end of Prometheus to be the beginning of Alien or any of that nonsense. I am just pointing out that at this point you can't call Prometheus a prequel to Alien when both films are barely connected.

Storywise, well, not really. They both have things going wrong in them.

Themes though...

Weyland.
"Building Better Worlds."
Androids.
Alien creatures that look/act very familiar.
LV_223 like LV_426.
The Engineers.
Spaceships that look functional.
Giger's paintings.
Cryotubes.
The Theme from Alien is in the score!

Lions.
Tigers.
Bears.
Oh My.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

In the Aliens universe, ok I can buy that.. Sort of, still lacks a connection to the plot Alien movies other then the Engineers and Weyland. By that logic the AvP films can be seen as prequels to the Alien series.

Gash

Gash

Well no, not really, they've got Predators in them. Ergo - WTF is going on?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Feb 28, 2013, 01:04:07 AM
By that logic the AvP films can be seen as prequels to the Alien series.

That was the intention when they came out (hence Weyland and Yutani), but Prometheus kind of retconned them.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I feel obliged to point out that the HiSHE video for Prometheus features an ending that connects it to Alien in a perfectly logical manner.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 27, 2013, 09:58:51 AM
I'd love to add Outland to my list...

Agreed.  I just saw it again in HD.  Con-Am 27 on Io is how I've always pictured Thedus.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

-Alien | Aliens
-Alien 3 | Prometheus
-The Parodies

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Not a fan of Alien Resurrection, are you?  :laugh:

Not even the gorgeous score?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

The movie is just so OTT and ridiculous to me that I can't even understand it being next to the others. That said, I guess that's beneficial seeing as I don't have to get my panties in a knot thinking that a movie like that really comes after Alien 3. It's kind of like an extended a high-budget fan film with Sigourney Weaver. The score was okay to my recollection, but I can't really recall much... so that may be representative of how much I care for it. Only seen the movie four times.

Cvalda

Cvalda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_HBEsql2KQ#

Better produced, orchestrated, and more melodic than the Prometheus score, that's for sure. It's excellent, if nowhere near as good as the scores for the first three.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Aye. It's a great score... that's just beautiful stuff :)

i have no idea how i got to see this movie in theaters at 14... i was with my mother and a cousin.. but still, wtf? There were other kids in the theater too if i remember well! :laugh:

Cvalda

Cvalda

Bitch please. I saw it age 7. Still remember that pull back shot revealing the Queen's head up on the big screen. Good times.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Dat Newborn reveal. He hadnt been in any promo materials, had he?.. nobody had any idea what to expect when we were suddenly taken to the Queen's birthing chamber. I remember absolute silence in the room... and terror at the sight :laugh:

A few people said around that time that the newborn gave them nightmares. I had a few too :)

..and then i go online and i find that people hate the guy! awww shucks.  :laugh:

Cvalda

Cvalda

I just remember loving the whole thing and leaving the theater really excited. :laugh: No terror, just joy :P Still love the film to this day -- it's got enormous flaws, but there's still nothing else like it, and it flies its freak flag proud. Contrast with my other favorite film of the year at the time, The Lost World, which I thought was amazing back then but now realize is a total sack of shit :P

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

lost world was one i saw and i remember being weirdly disapointed with it... i didnt get as much excitement out of the film as other people at the time..

I still love pete postlethwaite's character though :)

That film still has a few good scenes :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NaBHCuxqhA#ws

He should have been the main character.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed