Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1054

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 623,995 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Navaha on Feb 13, 2010, 01:55:25 PM
Quote from: Wolf The Predator on Feb 13, 2010, 06:30:09 AM
Aliens
Resurrection Minus the Melted Candle Man-alien
Alien 3
Alien

- Wolf

:o

I concur. I would love to see some reasons for that ordering.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Opinion, I imagine would be the first.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I know, but I'd like to see specific reasons. I gave them for why I like Alien the most; I'd like to see the reasons he likes it the least.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Probably found it boring. At first, I wasn't too keen on it because I found it too slow.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

A friend of mine has just seen all the Alien films for the first time, and yeah, he found Alien to be boring as well. Naturally, he really enjoyed Aliens, enjoyed Alien Cubed "for the most part" but preferred Resurrection over it since he liked its characters more.

Understandable I suppose, but I'd be interested to see if his views change over time. I don't think he's seen A3's assembly cut yet, so that might have an impact (it certainly did for me).

ShadowStalker

ShadowStalker

Alien Cubed? whats that one? and for me it be Alien loved the creepy feel it had to it, scared crap out of me. Still does today sometimes lol

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Lol, note the 3.  ;)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

AlienxAlienxAlien?

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Exactly.  8)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That would be Alien squared times more awesome than Alien!

Nope

Nope

Here is my order,Aliens,Alien,Alien Res,Alien 3.

Keg

Keg

This is really hard because I love the first 3 movies and I even think Resurrection is quite good apart from its ending which really ruins the movie.

I'll give them ratings so you can see just how much i like them in comparison to each other.

Aliens (SE) - 9 (I just bloody love it)
Alien 3 (Assembly Cut) - 8.5 ( I enjoy this almost as much as Aliens but I think Aliens deserves to just pip it)
Alien - 8 (Again theres not much in it for me with the first 3 films in all honesty)
Alien Resurrection - 6 (Starts off well enough and there some great set pieces but the ending ruins it)

Out of interest I would rate the following
AVP - 6.5 (although its complete tosh, its enjoyable tosh and I prefer to watch this over A:R)
AVPR - 4 (I can still watch it and enjoy it for what it is but in context as part of the series its awful)

Predator - 9 (I think its on a par with Aliens)
Predator 2 - 7 (I think it starts badly but gains momentum and redeems itself, the opposite of A:R in a way)
Predators - ? (who knows. im on the fence with this one wether its gonna be a turkey or not)

Crainy

Crainy

Ok, here is my list.

The first place goes to alien and aliens.
I cant choose between one of them and they are just to hard to compare, i cant compare a action movie to a horror movie. However, both are masterpieces without flaws.

The next one is an easy pick: Alien Ressurection.
Why? Well, at first i like how the aliens in this movie are fully developed personalities, i truly believe that THIS is the movie which formed the aliens to the thing was they are today. I believe that the aliens are the main characters in this movie. And Ripley, of course. I like the emotinal tention between the aliens and ripley and how it gets somehow emotinal when the newborn dies. However, it has many flaws: At first, its disgusting as hell, most of the script is lame, the human characters are not interesting and the clone idea is somehow weird. Also, it doesnt help that the aliens look like mutated dinosaurs. But, i think its a 6/10 movie.

At the last place comes Alien 3. I hate this movie. I dont like anything about it. The special effects are weak as hell, the script is a pure joke, it completely destroys the point of "aliens" and my toilet has better developed characters. The alien itself is a joke and the violence doesnt save anything, it just makes it worse.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Aliens all the way...but i still love all the other movies

BlackWaves

BlackWaves

Aliens for me. Alien and Alien resurrection was good. The only thing about Alien Resurrection that I don't like was the Newborn killing the Queen  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed