Will you see Prometheus in 2D or 3D?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Aug 03, 2011, 11:56:11 PM

Author
Will you see Prometheus in 2D or 3D? (Read 3,449 times)

Corporal Hicks

I hate 3D. I hate paying for it, watching it, being underwhelmed by it...

...But...Prometheus. I'll see it in 2D first and then maybe, maybe, go to the 3D showing.

Marr

Marr

2D for me as well please

Never say no to Panda!

2D ... and i hope there is not too much hardcore CGI stuff to support the 3D Effect in it  :(

Zenzucht

Prometheus has been shot in 3D => true 3D, same as James Cameron did with Avatar.

"Bad 3D" is caused by adding the 3D effect in postproduction to movie shot in 2D, usually in rush before premiere..

Never say no to Panda!

Jeah but i want stuff that looks good in 2D as well...some movies use bright colors/substances and all this stuff to support the 3D effect, some camera angles/tracking shots are just done to look cool in 3D like something is flying out of the screen ahead the viewer and all this stuff...i can live without those things in such movies.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Zenzucht on Aug 04, 2011, 10:42:49 AM
Prometheus has been shot in 3D => true 3D, same as James Cameron did with Avatar.

"Bad 3D" is caused by adding the 3D effect in postproduction to movie shot in 2D, usually in rush before premiere..

Didn't make it look any good in 3D or improve the quality of the film.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

2D.
There's no other thing.

Divpax

Divpax

3D. I'm not usually a fan but I think it's best to see it as the director intended, which in this case is in 3D.  Besides, I trust Ridley Scott not too mess it up.

SpaceMarines

3D for me has never done anything except worsen my cinematic experience. It always gets f**ked up by my glasses or contact lenses, it makes me feel kinda weird, and it just distracts me from the movie.

harlock

3D. There'll be all the time in the world to see it in 2D when its out on blu-ray.

Signore Predatore

3D Man I want to see the Space Jockey popping out of the movie screen!  :o I will definitely buy when it come out on DVD.
Spoiler
Don't have a blu-ray player
[close]

Lt. Mike Harrigan

2D. I refuse to pay for gimmicks.

Space Voyager

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 04, 2011, 06:55:44 AM3D. I hate paying for it
Agree with this part.  ;D

Anyway, I'll definitely be seeing it in 3D, perhaps twice. I see no point is seeing a dimension reduced version as well.

Glaive

Depends on the cinema showing it...I WANT to see how Ridley utilises the 'gimmick', but no matter how creative it is, it's all 'up-shit-creek' if it's badly projected and the bulbs haven't been cranked up to compensate for loss of candles.

...at least it's actually being FILMED in 3-D, as opposed to being an after-thought as with most films.

So, yeah, seeing as most cinemas round me are only after my cash and I WANT the first viewing to be as near perfect as possible...most likely 2-D.

Ghostface

3D. No chance I'm missing all that depth going through those ribbed Giger hallways. f**k the haters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed