Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!!

Started by Darkoo, Aug 01, 2011, 06:32:38 AM

Author
Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!! (Read 115,312 times)

Marr

I know how it feels to be bored at work....you may be working in the same office i am in!

Some interesting ideas but I ma not sure that the SJ's would create us only to wipe us out at a later stage for no apparent reason.
The synopsis doing the rounds earlier indicated that retribuation may follow a theft which would be a resonable motive.

I can go home in 4 hours 11 minutes!

Kabuto

Me too, 4 more hours to go! :D
But man does this movie entertain me!
Yes, definetly that part of the reasons for them to put us here to whipe us later on don´t have much sense.
But what seems possible is that this goo contained in the urns is going to be mixed with humans and then create their perfect destructive machine, the Alien as we know. And maybe also that some of the humans are able to stop th SJ in his way to earth to deliver the eggs..
Oh well, is only guessing, but is so wonderfull  :laugh:

T Dog

Just an idea based on what is being said.

What if:
archaelogical dig on earth.
Find coordinates.
But also find new energy source=all the green/yellow glow shit.
The company want more of this energy source, since we've used all our natural resources on earth.
Hence they go space.
Energy source turns out to be the same thing as the green shit someone is possibly pulling out of an urn.

Alienhog

Quote from: Pn2501 on Aug 01, 2011, 02:50:15 PM
Quote from: howardvegas on Aug 01, 2011, 02:35:29 PM

Definately a wheelchair...maybe just out of hypersleep...the thing in the middle?...maybe something went wrong for one of them in hypersleep?

QuoteMuscles

On Earth, our muscles are constantly working – whether walking, lifting, even sitting or standing upright – during all of these normal activities our muscles are working against gravity to some degree. In a micro gravity environment, there is no appreciable force of gravity for the muscles to work against, so muscle tone is lost. This deconditioning is evident in as few as five days and is progressive. During longer flights, muscles can shrink in size and lose their strength. As the muscles continue to atrophy, they become less resistant to fatigue, and one may experience uncontrolled muscle twitches and a loss of fine motor control. There is a danger of the weakened ligaments and muscles tearing under stresses that would not be a problem under normal circumstances.

As an example, after a 211 day tour of duty on Mir, cosmonauts Berezovoy and Lebedev returned to Earth so debilitated that they had to be carried off their spacecraft, and could barely walk for a week. They required extensive rehabilitation to return to their pre-flight levels of fitness (4). However, the loss of muscle strength and control can be kept to much lower levels by exercising regularly during the mission. A good example of the success of exercise is Shannon Lucid, who after 188 days on board Mir, was able to walk off the spacecraft unassisted, and who experienced a lesser degree of muscle debilitation than she would have had she not exercised regularly during the mission. Harrison, Albert, Spacefaring: The Human Dimension, 2001, University of California Press
Yeah, I'm guessing this is the case here. If you look closely at this picture, I think you see at least one walking stick (not sure about that right one). They are just woken up and Noomi(?) is trying to walk with those stick(s) and maybe he is just clumsy and weak, about to falling on her(?) knees but... Maybe Ridley just added some humour there. ;)

P.s. My first post in here, so hello to everybody and every alien fan!  :)

predxeno

Hello Alienhog and welcome to the "The Galaxy".  You an Alien fan?  Well, can't go wrong there. ;)

The Xenoborg

I wish the movie would have background score that would be reminiscent of Alien.

Spidey3121

I'll second that welcome Alien Dog.

On a related side note, i've noticed a lot more new "faces" around here. That is, there are people i'm used to seeing pop up in everything thread with there unrealistically high post counts. Here though, with Prometheus, it's interesting to see a lot of people that haven't even hit 50.

Guess a lot of people are along for the ride!!

AnthonyWC70788

Exactly, always have read the forums, just Prometheus pulled me into actually signing up and posting. Oh and by the way, hello how are you all lol... Anthony

Kabuto

Me being one of those, although I am lurking around since a long time and almost daily  ;)
Really excited about this movie, that´s for sure. It is going to be epic

maddriver

Quote from: Kabuto on Aug 03, 2011, 03:59:54 PM
Me being one of those, although I am lurking around since a long time and almost daily  ;)

The Prometheus has so much power it stops people from lurking :D

The Xenoborg

Quote from: maddriver on Aug 03, 2011, 04:08:13 PM
Quote from: Kabuto on Aug 03, 2011, 03:59:54 PM

The Prometheus has so much power it stops people from lurking :D

Prometheus. The name says it all. :)

Alienhog

Quote from: predxeno on Aug 03, 2011, 03:02:06 PM
Hello Alienhog and welcome to the "The Galaxy".  You an Alien fan?  Well, can't go wrong there. ;)
Thanks and yeah, I've been fan since I saw the second film. I was a young boy then and we went to the woods with my friend with toy guns and started to kill aliens. :D I think I didn't saw the whole first movie until I was a teen and it wasn't as good to me then. But things have changed a lot after that. :D I think the first film is a master piece and I love the second one too, but only as a director's cut. Can't understand how Fox cut it so much. Ripley's daughter's death, even it was relevant to the plot etc. Anyways, great franchise! :)

Glaive

Glaive

If memory serves (and THAT'S always a dodgy way to start ANYTHING), did'nt the original Novelisation of 'Alien' have them coming out of their hypersleep chambers and having to 'towel off the goo'? Goo that was supposed to stop them being crushed to Raspberry-jam due to ridiculously high G-forces?

I seem to remember them standing around essentially naked, wiping crap off themselves, whilst having a chat about getting back home and 'the bonus-situation'...

SpaceMarines

Ah, all these new users. Brings back good memories of when I was like that. :)

But yeah, Glaive, that sounds pretty logical. The acceleration necessary to get to superluminal speeds would probably be pretty powerful.

maddriver

QuoteThe acceleration necessary to get to superluminal speeds would probably be pretty powerful.
But is there any proof that the ships in the Alien franchise have FTL travel capabilities?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed