Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!!

Started by Darkoo, Aug 01, 2011, 06:32:38 AM

Author
Lots of Prometheus Screen Shots - Spoilers!!! (Read 115,562 times)

zuzuki

when they made prepared the footage for comic con the film wasn't even finished shooting.so they just put together some shots from the movie.simple shots.because the wide-shots and big epic scenes need a lot of post production.and they didn't even start that.all we saw was meant to show the mood of the movie and to build some anticipation.remember it's not even a teaser trailer.it was just a reel acompanied with behind the scenes footage.we won't see anything big untill next year when they'll show the full trailer and featurettes.

anyway come on people.it's too early to moan

KFS

KFS

Who's moaning?
Can't you read?

I tought my point was clear:

QuoteFor the moment like i said we are in known territory. It feels like home.
But i want more that just feel the old ALIEN vibe again.

I know that Scott would have not bethered to come back on board if it was just to rehash his own movie and i'm pretty sure that we will get these new strange worlds and situations of epic proportions.

Is forbidden to emit ideas, feeling about those pics not just "wow i'm gonna piss my pants its so f**king cool blah blah blah blah..." without being called moaner,hater or whatever?

Highland

Love the pictures.  8)

I can't see where people are going with the DNA "thing" though.

It would make the egg's and the facehugger's redundant in the whole process.

Lonely Universe

Quote from: EarthAngel on Aug 01, 2011, 10:00:46 PM
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/8bitAngel/Jockey.jpg

Def looks like something standing there.

Haha, on second thought it's probably just another astronaut. Guess I was looking too hard. :P

biosynth

biosynth

Thank god, these were finally posted! I was starting to think I was going crazy when I thought I saw vehicles in the teaser!

Wait till you guys see this in High Def. Amazing!   8)

Oh, and when I saw the teaser, those 'eggs' didn't look like eggs... but some sort of hexagonal pillars or spaced out.  I immediately thought they reminded me of Egyptian 'coptic jars'.  Jars that would hold the remains of the dead.... something to think about... then they show the shot of the goo covered arm! eeeew.  http://quistlink.com/WK%202/egyptian_jars.htm

I don't remember seeing any shots of an alien or jockey in the footage. maybe theres one hidden somewhere?

RoaryUK

Quote from: biosynth on Aug 02, 2011, 01:06:22 AM
Thank god, these were finally posted! I was starting to think I was going crazy when I thought I saw vehicles in the teaser!

Oh, and when I saw the teaser, those 'eggs' didn't look like eggs... but some sort of hexagonal pillars or spaced out.  I immediately thought they reminded me of Egyptian 'coptic jars'.  Jars that would hold the remains of the dead.... something to think about... then they show the shot of the goo covered arm! eeeew.  http://quistlink.com/WK%202/egyptian_jars.htm

I don't remember seeing any shots of an alien or jockey in the footage. maybe theres one hidden somewhere?

You'll know this better than me having seen the trailer as you say, but could those "eggs" have been containers of some kind, for the goo we know exists??

harlock

This is going to be a really great film.

We know that the crew gets stranded on a distant world, plus those scenes with the giant head, they do look slightly different to the Derelict interior - mainly in that those urn structures placed on the ground are less numerous and not arranged like the eggs in ALIEN. Of course this can be explained by the Jockey-Xeno creating its nest in the bowels of the ship, changing its layout.

Seeing as we dont see the top of the Giant Head (which is apparently the pilot for a ship as stated in early material), it could be that the Pilot Jockey as seen in ALIEN would come out from the top of it, explaining the empty Jockey plinth. Perhaps this is new tech that replaces the need for the Jockey-Pilot, an AI that allows Jockeys to other things onboard their ship.

This film will link to ALIEN (obviously now) but the Jockey on LV-426 was eons old. Through this film we'll surely see just what a Jockey-Xeno looks like and also how it occurs. It obviously happened to the Derelict but this film will show humans witnessing this event firsthand on a newer Jockey ship/planet.

Points that make me wonder about the Believers, Scott said when they reach their destination and meet the civilisation, they are very uncivilised compared to what they thought they would be... just what are the Jockeys like, I wonder?

I am really looking forward to seeing this film now, the creature effects are what Im waiting for the most, also I wonder if this film will solve the whole "The Company did/didnt know the specifics of the alien beforehand" question.

What we know - The Company is Weylan Corp, they havent merged with Yutani yet (setting the merger sometime between 2085 and 2122 [first official mention I can find is 2108] AvP and fanfic writers!). In ALIEN they planned for the Nostromo to go from Thedus to Zeta 2 Reticuli, with their plant Ash onboard (They knew the system the alien signal came from and wanted a specimen). This doesnt answer if they knew there were Jockeys or xenos there btw.
(I also wouldnt mind a cameo from a young 16 year old spaceship mechanic Brett on Earth before the crew leaves btw - just for the fanservice).

Squidlovez

Amaizing for you guys, you finally got to see the little something that was shown at Comic con, but in pictures. Feel kinda sad because it is not exclusive for me and biosynthanymore ;)

Ballzanya

Quote from: ElderPredator on Aug 01, 2011, 05:56:19 PM
I think its time for me to come back to this forum, great screenshots.

But what the hell is going on here?
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/AndyUK_1962/Prometheus/162b028d8fbacc707c6a_21.jpg

Seems like a couple of possibilities. 1.) The earlier technology of the cryotubes has some temporary effects or something went wrong with it.
2.) That character is an android and something is f**king up with her. or 3.) They tested something on her to see what the effects would be.

biosynth

Quote from: RoaryUK on Aug 02, 2011, 01:18:24 AM
Quote from: biosynth on Aug 02, 2011, 01:06:22 AM

You'll know this better than me having seen the trailer as you say, but could those "eggs" have been containers of some kind, for the goo we know exists??

Heh, your guess is as good as mine ;)

a point going through my head lately is based on the fact that Ridley voiced interest in somehow beating Cameron's AVATAR in some way.  I think it's not AVATAR he's interested in beating, but ALIENS.  If somehow Ridley creates a world where a queen alien isn't needed (as written about in Alan Dean Foster's ALIEN novel) thus a slap to Cameron's version of the world?  Could this be his checkmate at reclaiming this world?

I await the 'great rift' if this is so.

biosynth

another thing I noticed about the biomechanical set. Many of the 'egg-crates' are different sizes and not all the same height/shapes. Interesting.

Valaquen

Quote from: biosynth on Aug 02, 2011, 02:51:47 AM
a point going through my head lately is based on the fact that Ridley voiced interest in somehow beating Cameron's AVATAR in some way.  I think it's not AVATAR he's interested in beating, but ALIENS.  If somehow Ridley creates a world where a queen alien isn't needed (as written about in Alan Dean Foster's ALIEN novel) thus a slap to Cameron's version of the world?  Could this be his checkmate at reclaiming this world?

Scott liked both ALIENS and the Queen character. He has nothing to 'reclaim' and in fact doesn't seem excited about revisiting the Alien as we know it in his ALIEN film anyway. There may not be as much silly drama on the forums on this issue as you're hoping for, but there's always a 'Lambert rape' and 'Alien 3 Sulaco egg/Bishop II' shitfest going on somewhere.

Ghostface

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 02, 2011, 02:59:26 AM
Quote from: biosynth on Aug 02, 2011, 02:51:47 AM

Scott liked both ALIENS and the Queen character. He has nothing to 'reclaim' and in fact doesn't seem excited about revisiting the Alien as we know it in his ALIEN film anyway. There may not be as much silly drama on the forums on this issue as you're hoping for, but there's always a 'Lambert rape' and 'Alien 3 Sulaco egg/Bishop II' shitfest going on somewhere.

Weren't Scott and Cameron due to make an Alien 5 before Fox decided to go down the AVP path, or was that just rumour?

ThisBethesdaSea

Speaking of Lambert. One of those stills looks like the scene in ALIEN when Lambert, Dallas and Cain are in the air lock compartment awaiting the outer door to be opened. Very cool.

Valaquen

They were gonna do it, but FOX made AVP instead.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed