The Evil Dead Thread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 12, 2011, 02:45:42 PM

Author
The Evil Dead Thread (Read 123,139 times)

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

Quote from: AvatarIII on Jul 18, 2011, 09:18:22 AM
i guess you haven't seen drag me to hell, because that proves that Raimi is just as guilty of using sleek CGI as anyone, and jennifer's body is actually visually very gritty looking, and doesn't use a lof of CGI

Let me clarify. My concern of Raimi not directing, and my concern of overused CGI are seperate. My mentioning of Jennifer's Body has to do with the writer apparently involved with this project, not it's visuals. I hope I've managed to make more sense of what I said.

ah yes, you are all cleared up! :D
to be honest though, no one but the people in this thread have even mentioned use of CGI, just modern filmmaking techniques, and a lot more has happened to filmmaking in the last 30 years than just CGI,
I think Campbell has enough love for this franchise to not let it go to shit with the new guys, if he is involved even as just a producer,
Also I actually quite enjoyed Jennifer's Body, and have no concerns over the writer.

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

I do suppose "modernization" doesn't have to mean excessive CGI, and I think it's safe to say Bruce has affection for the franchise. Why else would he always be so enthused about it?

Still, I'm pretty skeptical about all this working out.

I will say this: if the script actually manages to nail the tone and sense of humor of the originals, this film will probably be fun to watch. I'd say that's the most important thing. Tone.

jacc.90

jacc.90

a message for Sam Raimi: NO REMAKE PLEASE!  :'(

Shasvre

Shasvre

QuoteThe only recognizable face is part of Bruce Campbell, but will be in a cameo towards the end of the film. Another thing that will change the characters and some story details, while keeping the basic outline of friends who are beleaguered by demons in a cabin alone.
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=42288

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

I'm not at all suprised by him only having a cameo. Still disappointing though.

jacc.90

jacc.90

Quote from: Darkbladepred2.0 on Jul 21, 2011, 06:47:35 AM
I'm not at all suprised by him only having a cameo. Still disappointing though.
yes dude me too  :'(

Shasvre

Shasvre

Campbell comments on the remake.

http://screenrant.com/evil-dead-remake-bruce-campbell-robf-128042/

Quote"We will be heavily involved in it. Sam Raimi hand-picked Fede Alvarez to direct it... It's not like we're just tossing this thing out and farting out a sequel. It'll be kind of a hand-made movie with a young filmmaker who is more experienced than we were when we made the first one, who will be casting more experienced actors than we had, so I don't see how it could be any worse."

genocyber

genocyber

This better not f**king turn into Cabin Fever

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

More "professionalism" doesn't neccessarily translate into a "better product"...Some things only excelled because how amateurish yet visionary they were done...

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

That is the case with many great films. They add all the goods but in the end the new thing is not quite the same. Something is just not there.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Ash will not appear in the new movie.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/26338?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

QuoteCampbell, already confirmed for a cameo, took to Twitter where he dispelled any notion of Ash returning. "Who are they casting for Ash?" asked a fan. Campbell replied: "No Ash character currently," further stating, "Twitter fails when info gets fragmented. Last statement: ED remake is a re-telling. All bets are off & all involved love the new approach."

Huol

Huol

And then nobody cared.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

No Cambell. No Ash. No deal. Dumbest Idea EVER.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I remember that they where not going to use Ash for the new movie for a while now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed