Winona Ryder also joins Prometheus?

Started by JaaayDee, Jul 05, 2011, 01:24:32 AM

Author
Winona Ryder also joins Prometheus? (Read 4,703 times)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

http://www.greatnewmovies.com/2011/07/04/ben-foster-all-set-for-prometheus/

QuoteBen who has worked in 'Mechanic' and 'The Messenger', will now join the cast of the movie with Michael Fassbender, Idris Elba, Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron, Sean Harris and Logan Marshall-Greene. It is also believed that, Ian Holm, Lance Henriksen, Winona Ryder also joined the cast of the movie 'Prometheus'.

This doesn't make any sense because Winona was in Alien 4.  This is all most likely misinformation from some random source.  Take it how you will, but I'd prefer this thread to be deleted due to the radical notion of Ian Holm and Henriksen returning.

Sharp Sticks

Yeah, s'bull.

ThisBethesdaSea

Bollocks. Did anyone notice the grammar of that piece?

x-M-x

x-M-x

UTTER BULLSHITE  :laugh:

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

I wouldn't mind if Winona Ryder was involved in Prometheus, wasn't her fault she played such a lame character in A:R, she's a damn fine actress if you ask me.  HOWEVER,  Ian Holm, Lance Henriksen and Winona Ryder, ALL androids from previous movies in this latest epic together.... I don't think so!! Unless old Ridles is actually trying to prove something, like Prometheus has nothing to do with the current Alien franchise, which is pretty obvious without this anyway, lol.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Probably false information, but if true, I'm f**king all for it.
She was great in Resurrection.

azrael55

this is so ridiculous that it's not even worth talking about...

why would scott make prometheus a standalone movie and then connect it to basically EVERY alien movie done before (except AVP(R)) through the androids within the series?

i guess everyone could come up with an excuse to put these actors in the movie somehow, but they would all be lame.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: azrael55 on Jul 05, 2011, 09:18:27 AM
why would scott make prometheus a standalone movie and then connect it to basically EVERY alien movie done before (except AVP(R)) through the androids within the series?
...Because Prometheus is related to the Alien series, maybe?

harlock

They got the tech now to make a cameo from a CG 70's era Ian Holm, that would be awesome, seeing a cameo from an Ash-model android.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 05, 2011, 09:30:33 AM
Quote from: azrael55 on Jul 05, 2011, 09:18:27 AM
...Because Prometheus is related to the Alien series, maybe?

Prometheus ISN'T connected to the current franchise, it's a spin off, as Ridley has already pointed out several times.  Having all 3 andriods from the different films makes no sense anyway, Ash and Bishop came from 2 time periods and were originals designed by their creators, and while Call does appear to be some kind of line model, Prometheus would be nearly 300 years before her time.  If Ryder is in this movie it's probably a whole new character, which is fine by me of course lol   

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: RoaryUK on Jul 05, 2011, 10:05:10 AM
Prometheus ISN'T connected to the current franchise, it's a spin off, as Ridley has already pointed out several times.
When it was said that Space Jockeys would be there, and that the same company from the Alien movies sent the 'Prometheus' ship?

RoaryUK

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 05, 2011, 10:18:11 AM
Prometheus ISN'T connected to the current franchise, it's a spin off, as Ridley has already pointed out several times.
When it was said that Space Jockeys would be there, and that the same company from the Alien movies sent the 'Prometheus' ship?

So what.... what's your point here??  It's an Alien spin off so there's bound to be elements in there, I never said there wasn't, I'm saying the androids couldn't be part of it because it's IMPOSSIBLE to link them all to Prometheus' time period....if you can expain any different be my guest!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

What I mentioned connects the upcoming film to the already existing franchise. It's another story in the same universe, so it's connected.

azrael55

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 05, 2011, 10:18:11 AM

true, but having three androids from the previous alien movies would be a very strong connection to the alien franchise - which, according to what scott has implied, does not exist. at least not storywise.

and a roary said, it doesn't make any sense at all, as the androids are very different models, from different times and were all manufactured AFTER the events of prometheus (assuming there are no crazy timeshifts - which, considering that lindelof is involved does not seem that unlikely :D)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: azrael55 on Jul 05, 2011, 10:39:15 AM
a very strong connection to the alien franchise - which, according to what scott has implied, does not exist. at least not storywise.
Implied where?
All I remember that was said is that it was another story in the same universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed