The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,887 times)

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 31, 2022, 08:28:11 AM
Ahhhh! Fair enough. I vaguely remember having to build a speaker. but can't recall if that was the foundation or intermediate. Why did you decide to go for the licenses?

I've always wanted to get a license since the late 90s early 2000s  it all started with CB.  The first time I looked into joining a club in 2001 I ended up moving to Northern Ireland to live and work no I never did.  When I moved back to the UK in 2006 I had lost interest but was back on the CB.  It was my future brother-in-law and good friend Phil who got me back into the hobby as he was also interested in getting his license. In 2019 we both joined a local radio club and by March 2020 we both got our Foundation license  :) Phil is a 2E0 now and I'm still an M7.  The courses and exams have all moved online now due to covid and the lockdowns and the practical and operating work has been scrapped.  A lot has changed over the past 3 years or so and even more so with covid.  I've not done much radio for months so I'm looking to make up for it lol.  My first contact this year was into Estonia on the 14 MHz 20m band.   I normally use my friend Phil's radio equipment as I can't operate from this flat I'm in.

Corporal Hicks

Picked up Destroying Angels in singles.  ;D

Darkness

Darkness

Been buying lots of old Lost magazines on ebay. Never even knew there was an official Lost magazine. I noticed there isn't actually any behind-the-scenes books or anything about the show.

Corporal Hicks

I've been slowly doing the same with the old Stargate magazines. 

I forgot you were a big Lost fan.

Master Chief

That's a lot of cool stuff you all are buying.

I just bought a clothes hamper from Bed Bath & Beyond.  :laugh:

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2022, 10:37:42 AM
I've been slowly doing the same with the old Stargate magazines. 

I forgot you were a big Lost fan.

I always try to get the bulk auctions because it works out cheaper. Magazines don't hold their value at all though. I don't know if I'll ever get the final half of the magazines. I've got about 15 out of 32 now.

Stitch

Stitch

Nine Inch Nails ticket for Manchester! Whoo!

Thought I was going to have to go all the way down to the Eden Project.

Darkness

Darkness

Got a heap of old X-Files Magazines and trading cards on ebay.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 27, 2022, 04:48:13 PM
Got a heap of old X-Files Magazines and trading cards on ebay.

Nice!  I used to be obsessed with the X-files back in the day.  Watched it every week on TV and used to own a lot of X-files VHS tapes, which I sadly no longer own, brilliant show.

Corporal Hicks

Finally brought one of those robot vacuums - I'm sick of random pieces of cat litter on the floor. Not a costly one, but a decently reviewed budget one.

Stitch

Stitch

I believe the last thing I bought was DC's Final Crisis 10th Anniversary Omnibus. It's over 1500 pages long and is surprisingly heavy. Unfortunately Yodel decided to bang up the package, so it's scuffed, which isn't nice for a hardback book. Replacement on the way!

Ivan The Insect

As I mentioned in another thread I finally got the bulgarian edition of Heinlein's Starship Troopers today with a cool cover art to boost!

I aim to gather both english and bulgarian versions of the books I love.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2022, 09:21:46 AM

Picked up Destroying Angels in singles.  ;D

This was my favourite Alien comic before I read Labyrinth. This is how you throw the Alien world even more into cosmic horror territory. Xenomorphs as a cosmic extinction wave and regulators of life fits right in with their real life inspiration, parasitoid wasps are in many ways angels of death that are closer to complex viruses than animals. It's due to them that our ecosystem hasn't been overrun by other less "pacifistic" insect species.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 01, 2022, 09:41:39 AM
Finally brought one of those robot vacuums - I'm sick of random pieces of cat litter on the floor. Not a costly one, but a decently reviewed budget one.

It's the worst.  The worst.  We have some Roombas, but they always seem to get caught up on stuff -_-

Ivan The Insect

And here it is! Heinlein's Starship Troopers in bulgarian, finally in my possession!

Was looking for a bg version since I acquired the english one back in high school but I had no idea I'd find it so many years later and in a supermarket of all places... I don't know if it's good fortune or sacrilege that this classic costs like 3 bucks here.

Also a peek into the two shelves I finally managed to tidy up last summer.

The pandemic might have taken my job and savings but my God it left me a lot of free time to work on my hive...

Kradan

Kradan

I didn't know they published DH Press Alien novels in other languages

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed