The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,609 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 03, 2018, 01:32:06 AM
Star Blazers 2199 BluRay

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???!!!??? WOW. JUST WOW!!!
I never knew they remade this....  :o :o :o :o :o :o

How does it compare to the original series?

Vermillion

I've watched only 3 episodes. 
It uses the same music.  The names are changed and the voice actors are completely different. 
The visuals are great! 
I loved the 70s series so this was a no-brainer.

Deathbearer

Kong: Skull Island on blu ray

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Deathbearer on Aug 03, 2018, 08:37:22 PM
Kong: Skull Island on blu ray

Good choice. It's a great blu.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Well here are some pics of the Predator gear. I adore the Peanuts motif one. Those little stringy hairs.  :D

Spoiler

[close]

Vermillion

It's like PigPen is the Predator..

Cute!

The Old One

The Old One

Like them both.

Synthwave Predator is my jam though, no pun intended.

Huggs

Huggs

The Hannibal Lecter Collection, on Blu-Ray.

Manhunter, Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal. Shame Red Dragon wasn't included, but I'll just pick it up next. Still, not bad for $9 brand new.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 05, 2018, 01:07:37 AM
Like them both.

Synthwave Predator is my jam though, no pun intended.

Yeah, same, loving that design too.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 04, 2018, 11:10:31 PM
Well here are some pics of the Predator gear. I adore the Peanuts motif one. Those little stringy hairs.  :D

Spoiler

[close]

Oh god, the Peanuts is adorable.  Maybe I can buy a onesie and modify it for my pupper.  I'm still trying to get my hands on the Space Hunter design, but I'm always distracted by something else ;D  Looks great though.  Wouldn't have thought it would look so good in white!

PredBabe

PredBabe

Gracias, peeps!

Yeah I was really impressed with the Synthwave design, turned out really well.

Quote from: Wysps on Aug 06, 2018, 06:31:29 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 04, 2018, 11:10:31 PM

Spoiler

[close]

Oh god, the Peanuts is adorable.  Maybe I can buy a onesie and modify it for my pupper.  I'm still trying to get my hands on the Space Hunter design, but I'm always distracted by something else ;D  Looks great though.  Wouldn't have thought it would look so good in white!

Hahaha that would be so cute, take pics if you do do something like that!

Prez

Prez

The new remastered 4K Predator 2 BluRay ... getting it at lunch time today for just $13 :-)

It's a pity with the new 4K remaster of Predator they didn't update the actual BluRay edition in all these re-releases. It's still that dodgy DNR Ultimate Edition transfer unfortunately.

Huggs

Huggs

The Crow and Spawn on Blu-Ray

Sat here listening to some music that put me in the mood for that style. Need to pick up Dark City on bluray next. I love the dvd but I gotta see that blu.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Love The Crow. I can completely see why they toned down the film's violence, but I'd love them to properly restore the deleted footage one day. The full-length penthouse shootout is an ever better homage to Hong Kong cinema than what we get in the theatrical cut.

KiramidHead

The original Crow movie and comic are both excellent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed