The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 391,417 times)

Corporal Hicks

You didn't have many did you?

I've only got a few left myself. They all got damaged over the years.

Darkness

Darkness

I had a 18" Predator and an Alien and Predator on a base. They were both a surprise gift from my mother but at the time I was never into figures.

Do you leave your figures in the box or do you display them somewhere? I must admit I do like the packaging on these figures. You can actually flip the front open to see the figures behind the window.

Corporal Hicks

All the ones I've brought over the last couple of years I left in the boxes, purely because I've got nowhere to display them. When I move again and I can fit in some display cabinets I'll take them out the boxes. But yeah, they are really nice boxes, especially those ones with the flip-open doors. I can understand why some people buy double.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Picked up three issues of a mystery Aliens magazine from late 1997/early 1998 the Bulletin put me onto.

Never come across this publication before, but it seems as though it might have been an attempt at relaunching the excellent Aliens magazine published in Britain by Dark Horse earlier in the decade. If so it obviously didn't work, because it was cancelled after just these three issues lol. Hoping I can learn more once they actually arrive.

First two contain the Resurrection comic adaptation, the third Berserker and Mondo Pest (I assume incomplete with the cancellation). Rather excited for more (potential) Aliens magazine!

Darkness

Darkness

I had my first ever visit to Forbidden Planet today. Never really expected to see anything Alien Predator related but there was absolutely loads of figures. I really want Dutch so bad.

No Friday 13th or Freddy stuff unfortunately. But they did have the Chucky figure.

Then I got to the Pokémon aisle. Saw some cool plushies and a pokeball mug which I quite liked.

FiorinaFury161

Hope everyone had a great Christmas/holiday! Highlights include:

Gucci - Japanese denim skinny pants, canvas with leather belt (inside the Gucci bag), wooden pants hanger

Givenchy Paris - red/green/blue plaid tie

Saint Laurent Paris - green metallic leather T-Rex keychain

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 27, 2017, 12:56:59 PM
I had my first ever visit to Forbidden Planet today. Never really expected to see anything Alien Predator related but there was absolutely loads of figures. I really want Dutch so bad.

No Friday 13th or Freddy stuff unfortunately. But they did have the Chucky figure.

Then I got to the Pokémon aisle. Saw some cool plushies and a pokeball mug which I quite liked.

How on Earth have you never visited a Forbidden Planet?!

My local is pretty well stocked too. Not the greatest but usually always something in there for Alien or Predator. Best one I've been into was in Birmingham, they had a metric f**k tonne of stuff!!

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, it isn't one of my regular haunts though I will try to visit every time I'm in Leeds from now on.

I do feel kinda self-conscious and I don't think I'd dare actually buy something in the shop. I'd sooner buy it online.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 27, 2017, 03:34:32 PM
I do feel kinda self-conscious and I don't think I'd dare actually buy something in the shop. I'd sooner buy it online.

I prefer buying in store so I can see the quality of the stuff in my hand. It's nothing to be self conscious about either. Geekdom is pretty mainstream these days.

FiorinaFury161

Kiramid will be happy about today's DVD pickup....

KiramidHead

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Dec 27, 2017, 09:38:02 PM
Kiramid will be happy about today's DVD pickup....

I've never seen this. I know Kattan as that guy from House on Haunted Hill.

FiorinaFury161

Wait, wha? All those Haddaway references to this movie you made were imaginary?

KiramidHead

I believe I may have been using memes secondhand.

FiorinaFury161

Gay Times issue 478

Spoiler
I thought I was horny earlier :o DAMN super horny now
[close]

Darkness

Darkness

A new Neca figure for the collection. Jason Part 3. Packaging is cool too, has like a 3D image on the front.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed