The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,492 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Feb 01, 2016, 04:03:40 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 01, 2016, 02:16:43 PM
Some Doughnuts from Greggs lol
No crispy creams ;)

Nah. didnt wanna gorge too much

FiorinaFury161

^ All those empty calories and massive sugar intake!?!?! No thank you! Another New Year's resolution for me was to eliminate excess sugar (aka cookies, cakes, etc). The only sugar intake I have on a daily basis is fresh cut fruit or a granola bar. However, Sundays are a cheat day. Now I can really taste the excessive sugar in those products when I eat them, so I find myself taking/eating small portions.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 02, 2016, 04:53:53 PM
^ All those empty calories and massive sugar intake!?!?! No thank you! Another New Year's resolution for me was to eliminate excess sugar (aka cookies, cakes, etc). The only sugar intake I have on a daily basis is fresh cut fruit or a granola bar. However, Sundays are a cheat day. Now I can really taste the excessive sugar in those products when I eat them, so I find myself taking/eating small portions.
Lets see how long it lasts.

FiorinaFury161

It is relatively easy for me, I seem to have much stronger willpower than other humans. Also, it helps that I (weekly) load up on veges and fruits at Whole Foods Market/Giant Eagle and do not buy those other products while shopping. Once you start something like this, you MUST keep it up. For example, my daily dessert after dinner is an Activa yogurt and a mandarin orange. There is about 20 grams of sugar in those products, so if I still am craving sugar, I will drink more water to help push the sugars thru my body and cancel the brains censors for more sugar. It's all basic chemistry. ;)

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 02, 2016, 05:30:07 PM
It is relatively easy for me, I seem to have much stronger willpower than other humans. Also, it helps that I (weekly) load up on veges and fruits at Whole Foods Market/Giant Eagle and do not buy those other products while shopping. Once you start something like this, you MUST keep it up. For example, my daily dessert after dinner is an Activa yogurt and a mandarin orange. There is about 20 grams of sugar in those products, so if I still am craving sugar, I will drink more water to help push the sugars thru my body and cancel the brains censors for more sugar. It's all basic chemistry. ;)
Man lucky i am skinny all these commitments.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I am very skinny myself, about 170 lbs for a 6'1 man. I do not think of them as commitments, more like challenges. Each day I crave that victory!

A few more mature, responsible adult purchases:

Ben Sherman SOHO Teal/gold/silver paisley tie

Ted Baker London socks (direct from Ted Baker)

MACOOR Floral Parrot (REALLY like these!)

PLANMAN Geo organic cotton light blue

FABBIOS Floral Geo cotton (last pair, maybe they will actually ship them this time!)

Direct from NIKE:
Nike Hypercool Seattle Seahawks tee (was 40% off too!)

PVTDukeMorrison

diggin the sea hawks gear

FiorinaFury161

I tell you what, those hypercool shirts are the most awesome tshirts I have ever worn! The back material is a jersey-ish mesh and the front is all dri-fit material (which is almost silky like). I now have three and can't wait for the 2016 season design! BTW, I forgot to mention I also got this (also direct from NIKE) at 40% off:

Nike Elite Coaches Polo

FiorinaFury161

Some more responsible, mature adult purchases:

Ted Baker London Pink floral handmade silk tie (in like new condition), no pic available

Ted Baker London Teal w/ Coral stripes textured silk tie (NWT)

Burberry Pink polo (used, but like new)

Jarry (magazine) logo shirt

Jarry "Cheers Queers" tote bag

"Jarry" is a term for a man who loves men and food. The magazine just started last year and is the first gay food magazine to be in print. I am actually working on at least one article to produced in a later publication! Maybe this will open a new door for me to write and submit art! I will let everyone know what happens! :D

xeno_alpha_07

Just bought these 3 magazines on evilbay:

Was out-bid on three Alien special Issues of Model and Collectors Mart  >:( :(  Not easy to find either.

Corporal Hicks

Very nice! Anything interesting in there?

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2016, 10:50:52 AM
Very nice! Anything interesting in there?

Only two of them arrived this morning.  The seller forgot to put the third magazine in the envelope  :D but he contacted me and has posted it.

Not had chance to read anything yet.  Issue #48 of sci-fi & fantasy has an interview with Andrew Fletcher & Simon Atherton regarding their work on Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien War.  Gary Gilles from Alien War interview and an article regarding the visual effects of Alien 3.  There's also a BTS gallery by Phill Rae and an Alien memories interview with Bill Pearson.

The other magazine features part two of Martin Bowers miniature work on Alien, (the missing mag has part one).  Looking forward to reading these later when I get a moment to myself  :)

Corporal Hicks

Sounds like it should be interesting! I bet you've amassed a nice collection of magazines now.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2016, 01:12:35 PM
Sounds like it should be interesting! I bet you've amassed a nice collection of magazines now.

It's slowly getting there  :)  I really love collecting Alien movie related magazines and it sometimes makes me very nostalgic when I read through them.  Still got a lot of magazines on the 'to buy' list that need ticking off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed