The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,899 times)

Corporal Hicks

Brought the last Romulan War book. I heard it's naff but I've read the other 3 so I wanna finish it.

Whiskeybrewer

Doctor Who : Phantasmagoria (BF audio adventure) signed by Mark Strickson who played Vislor Turlough

Corporal Hicks

Have you seen the War Doctor boxsets they've just announced?

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2015, 09:20:00 AM
Have you seen the War Doctor boxsets they've just announced?

Indeed I have 12 stories over 4 boxsets and all featuring the Mighty John Hurt. I have to tell you I felt so vindicated when I heard this as I mentioned on the now defunct BF Forums, that I would love for BF to do some War Doctor audios, even if John Hurt was unable to due to his Cancer, because Nick Briggs essentially did him in the Engines of War audio book. And a couple of people had a real go at me for even suggesting that John Hurt should do it as he was ill. I just said if it happened it would be great and they went for me. Now look whats happened :)

Corporal Hicks

Doesn't seem to have stopped him. He's still doing conventions!

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

This thing arrived today, well it arrived at monday but I arrived today  ;D . Sorry for the crappy quality pic, my phones camera sucks.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 08, 2015, 07:36:06 AM

Exactly. Turns out Big Finish have had it planned and going for about a year now lol

Just bought two Doctor Who audio's both featuring Seventh and Ace. The Genocide Machine and The Fearmonger

FiorinaFury161

To celebrate the new NHL season:

Also got my ticket for the Edmonton Oilers-Pittsburgh Penguins game in late November... THIRD Row. Behind the goalie. Oilers attack twice at that end. Connor McDavid and Sidney Crosby on the ice at the same time. My two favorite teams. SO EXCITED!!!  :D

Whiskeybrewer

Doctor Who : Master (BF Audio) Featuring Seventh and The Master

Doctor Who : Warlock (VNA Book)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 08, 2015, 05:13:06 PM

Exactly. Turns out Big Finish have had it planned and going for about a year now lol

Just bought two Doctor Who audio's both featuring Seventh and Ace. The Genocide Machine and The Fearmonger

I've only brought S1 of the 8th Doctor and the 50 anniversary episode. I really ought to get more.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 12, 2015, 08:36:12 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 08, 2015, 05:13:06 PM

I've only brought S1 of the 8th Doctor and the 50 anniversary episode. I really ought to get more.

Is that Season one of the Charley Adventures or Season one of the Lucie Miller ones?

I've been on more of a doctor who binge lol, just bought two EDA books, Kursaal and The Taint (this is the one that introduced Fitz)

Corporal Hicks

It's the one with Sheridan Smith. I think she goes by Lucy in the plays. Haven't listened to them for a while.

Whiskeybrewer

Yeah you've got the EDA Audio's. Lucie 'Bleeding' Miller.

Its worth going back and tracking down the Charley Pollard stories, starting with Storm Warning. May cost a bit depending on who's selling them in ebay or amazon. But sometimes you can find them at a good price

Corporal Hicks

I hadn't realized there were any older ones?

Whiskeybrewer

For the 8th Doctor yeah. They are part of the Monthly Range, rather then there own separate EDA range, which the Lucie Miller ones are. The first 2 seasons of the Charley ones are OOP, but still available for download from the Big Finish site, but if you want them on C.D, then its worth looking for them on amazon and ebay.

I take it the 50th Anniversary one you got is The Light at the End?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed